Are You Ready for Some (KBO) Baseball?

On May 5th, the Korean Baseball Organization is scheduled to start their season, 

ESPN is reported to be close to negotiating the rights to televise here

So are you ready for NC Dinos vs. Kiwoon Heroes? Doosan Bears vs. SK Wyverns?

Unfortunately, for all you Ssangbangwool Raiders fans, that franchise folded a while ago.

This isn't quite as big league as the Japan bigs, but the stadiums  mostly exceed 20,000 so AAA level to the Yomiuri and Hanshin offerings then?

Some ex-Mets will be playing there. Such luminaries as Chris Flexen, Aaron Altherr and Drew Gagnon signed this year. 

We've never been to Korea but the Mrs. has been wanting to go there to see some KBO and enjoy some soju (up to 53% alc. vol.). She also wants to go to the DMZ and taunt DPRK soldiers but I don't think they let you do that. 

So you watching? 

• Upvote 2

I’m getting into it. I’m a Yankees fan and I saw the Kia Tigers were compared to them so that’s my team now. We got crushed 11-2 last night but I’m still pumped to get up and watch at 5:30 tomorrow morning. 

And for those of you wondering how I found the games not on ESPN I was able to stream it through twitch for free. I’ll let you know if I continue to see the same good results. 

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Twitch still works well although it’s only Korean announcers but if you want to watch a certain team that’s the place to go. 

ty i did not know this. that sounds much better than listening to the ESPN guys this morning!

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Philc1 said:

How are they able to do this meanwhile we can’t here 

On Tennis Channel today, they showed live ATP tennis exhibitions in West Palm Beach without ball kids and line judges. Just a chair ump

as for KBO, having cheerleaders/mascots without fans in attendance is really weird lol. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/10/2020 at 2:35 PM, AFJF said:

Always regretted not going to a game in the two years I was in Korea. My Korean co-workers loved them some Chan Ho Park back in the day.  

I heard that's supposed to be a great baseball stadium!

Yes, I know it's a pitcher's name

On 5/8/2020 at 3:13 PM, deckerfan said:

On Tennis Channel today, they showed live ATP tennis exhibitions in West Palm Beach without ball kids and line judges. Just a chair ump

as for KBO, having cheerleaders/mascots without fans in attendance is really weird lol. 

Did the players collect the tennis balls that went into the net?!  There's no way.