Joe Douglas did say "speed creates pressure and pressure breaks pipes"

AFJF

3 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Thank you.  Still don't know who he is.  Will have to look him up.  At least he is fast!

Haha, he is. He played in the Raven game. 

He was one of our UDFAs after last year's draft and was on our practice squad most of the season. 

13 hours ago, themeangreenkillingmachine said:

Pretty sure it was big bodies grounding and pounding. 

Vick/CJ2k/Harvin was the fastest team the Jets had and resulted in a whopping record of 4-12

I mean speed-to-the-ball.  Pass rushers, DB's, LB's, etc.  When the Jets were good, we were fast to attack the ball carrier.  Our O succeeded because the other team's D most often was not.

SAR I

2 hours ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Lol. Not exactly an intimidating group but hey.

V. Smith is prob the only real “burner” of this group. 

So Perriman and Mims aren't?  Okay

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Dcat said:

what tears?  It's a one-year deal.  No risk there.  Smart signing and I think most people feel that way.  Do I expect much out of Perriman? Not really, but it would be nice to be pleasantly surprised for once.  Certainly nothing to slam JD about signing him except for people who are still butt-hurt over Robby Anderson.

I was slamming people who were still crying over losing Robby Anderson.  

17 hours ago, AFJF said:
Perriman: 4.24
J. Smith: 4.34
V. Smith: 4.36
Mims: 4.38
Campbell: 4.40
Berrios: 4.44
Enunwa: 4.45
Crowder: 4.46

Don't forget our other speed demon.  Becton weighs almost exactly twice as much as Perriman but runs the 40 only 20% slower.  That is by far the best speed/weight ratio on the team.  

• Upvote 3

16 hours ago, johnnysd said:

Laugh now but I can definitely see him as tackle-eligible or even running the ball like Fridge. Seriously the guy has decent acceleration, could anyone prevent him from getting the conversion on 4th and goal from the one?

Sheldon had 2 rushing TD's on goal line carries..

15 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

Exciting to think about. And don't underestimate the value and power of protection for Sam. These guys we are sending out there are fast! Add Crowder's shiftiness into that mix and we really may have something here. I believe in Sam Darnold and think he has overproduced his situation so I lean that way here.  I can get why some people are not sold yet, but I'm in the believer camp. 

Adding Mims and Perriman to the WR group and a protected Sam Darnold can develop into something special. And who the hell knows what Doctson can bring to the table. I see him as battling with V Smith and Berrios, but he's here. 

I read somewhere where the idea was presented that adding Perriman and Doctson essentially gives JD and the Jets two additional first rdrs. I like that. Don't necessarily buy it 100% but I like it.  Perriman is a stud and has just taken more time than was presumed to Gert it going. He's going to be a nice compliment to Crowder and Mims. 

If we sign Gholston and Coples is that essentially giving us two additional first rounders? 

18 hours ago, AFJF said:
Perriman: 4.24
J. Smith: 4.34
V. Smith: 4.36
Mims: 4.38
Campbell: 4.40
Berrios: 4.44
Enunwa: 4.45
Crowder: 4.46

I saw Campbell listed at 4.35, not that I believe it.  

You left of Chesson 4.47, Josh Malone 4.40, and Berrios 4.44.  Doctson only ran a 4.5, but his agility times were awesome and his jumps were pretty good. 

11 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Hm maybe Perriman. But don’t see Mims as a taking the top off a defense kinda guy.

"maybe?"  Perriman is like the definition of take the top off. It was his scouting report coming out and has kept him getting offers while sucking. He may legit be the fastest guy in the NFL.  It was pro day, but he ran 4.24 and 4.27.  He has been a sh*tty WR, but the idea that he can't run deep and take guys with him is silly. 

I understand your reservations on Mims because people didn't expect him to run that well, but there is also the teams were giving too much help for him to just rip 9 routes.  We will see what happens here.  Especially if we can have some semblance of a run game. 

4 hours ago, Losmeister said:

maybe if cumar showed in Denver  14 yds on 13 attempts and a lost fumble

chrebets line in the AFCCG is fine  8 for 121

He would have done better if CHREBET had top end speed the running game would have certainly done better. The D being able to play CHREBET in front of them is what causes a poor running game.

you literally proved my point

4 hours ago, ECURB said:

He would have done better if CHREBET had top end speed the running game would have certainly done better. The D being able to play CHREBET in front of them is what causes a poor running game.

you literally proved my point

cumar wss the worst jet that day.