Lil O

Seattle just released Britt and Fluker

So the Seahawks just released two lineman Justin Britt, and DJ Fluker....I am not familiar with their level of production. Should we be interested?  I’m looking in the direction of Green Bean , Tony the Wiz, Maxman etc

Fluker was released by the Seahawks on Sunday as part of the post-draft roster shuffling in Seattle and he’s already found a new home. Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports that Fluker has agreed to terms with the Ravens.

Fluker spent the last two seasons playing right guard for the Seahawks and started 23 games while with Seattle. He spent one season with the Giants and played four years with the Chargers after opening his career as a 2013 first-round pick.

The veteran will likely move into consideration for the right guard job left open in Baltimore as a result of Marshal Yanda’s retirement. Ben Powers, 2020 third-round pick Tyre Phillips and 2020 fourth-round pick Ben Bredeson should also be in the mix.

Ravens just keep getting richer. They gotta win the SB eventually, team is loaded.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Fluker is signing with the Ravens

Off topic DJ Fluker was a teammate of Julio Jones at Foley HS in South Alabama at at Univ. of Alabama.  Foley HS was also the Alma Mater of Kenny Stabler and, less impressively, me.

Glenn Foley has a high school named after him ?

• Upvote 1

Ah...it's refreshing...that we can now afford to be picky-choosy...who we take for the NYJ OL.

1243203.jpg

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

Glenn Foley has a high school named after him ?

Our mascot is the interception 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Off topic DJ Fluker was a teammate of Julio Jones at Foley HS in South Alabama at at Univ. of Alabama.  Foley HS was also the Alma Mater of Kenny Stabler and, less impressively, me.

So it was Namath that brought you to this godforsaken team? 

2 hours ago, Teh Bumble said:

Ravens just keep getting richer. They gotta win the SB eventually, team is loaded.

They are really good.

They will be a great test case for whether or not playing with a running QB is sustainable. Loaded roster, top notch coach, winning culture.

They really have it all. 

2 hours ago, Teh Bumble said:

OZZIE! Even going out the door he hits the walk- off. Should be in the HOF as a GM as well.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, slats said:

Namath and 2 guys from the Mobile area, Jerome Barkum and Richard Caster.  Caster went to Williamson HS in Mobile and Barkum was from Gulfport MS just down the road 

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Weeb Ewbank and cultist Jim Jones went to my high school... so theres that. 

• Post of the Week 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, slats said:

It was for me. 

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Weeb Ewbank and cultist Jim Jones went to my high school... so theres that. 

Paul Simon and Art Garfunkle graduated from my high school.  Leslie West dropped out. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Paul Simon and Art Garfunkle graduated from my high school.  Leslie West dropped out. 

Nice. Just slightly before my time but I grew up listening to their records because my dad played them constantly. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Maxman said:

Their names are Latin for Brittle and Fluke.

Hard pass but wherever Mike Macc ends up seems to be a natural fit for them.

Justin Britt started 86 out of 87 games since being drafted, missing the last 8 games last year due to an ACL tear.

That's brittle?

He's not a good OT, though started there with the Seahawks...but can also play OG...played well enough as an OC to get all-pro mention and a 3 yr/$27 mill contract from the Seahawks.

Know the guy from his college days at Mizzou...he's a pretty tough guy.  Versatile enough that he might be right up JD's alley.

Just sayin'

6 hours ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Love me some Snake.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

Justin Britt started 86 out of 87 games since being drafted, missing the last 8 games last year due to an ACL tear.

That's brittle?

He's not a good OT, though started there with the Seahawks...but can also play OG...played well enough as an OC to get all-pro mention and a 3 yr/$27 mill contract from the Seahawks.

Know the guy from his college days at Mizzou...he's a pretty tough guy.  Versatile enough that he might be right up JD's alley.

Just sayin'

He is a brittle. A tough kid would have played 87 games. Actually I like football players that go 87 for 87 lol.

It was obviously just a play on his last name and not actual football commentary.

15 hours ago, Teh Bumble said:

Titans defensive film from last years playoffs was a blueprint for slowing down Jackson (And the Titans defense is very average/player wise). 

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

19 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Titans defensive film from last years playoffs was a blueprint for slowing down Jackson (And the Titans defense is very average/player wise). 

Seeing how to do it and doing it are entirely different things. Anyway, this has nothing to do with my comment that their roster is loaded.