Given what you know right now, would you attend a home-opener Jets game on September 13, 2020?

With what you know right now, would you attend a Jets game on September 13?  

159 members have voted

1. 1. Would you attend a Jets game September 13?

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I refuse to give the franchise another dime until they prove they're putting a solid product on the field. That means I'm not going to a game until they host another playoff game.

You should have just typed "No, I'm a fairweather fan, waiting for the next bandwagon to jump on and pretend I was there all along".

SAR I

• Haha 1

I refuse to give the franchise another dime until they prove they're putting a solid product on the field. That means I'm not going to a game until they host another playoff game.

I'd go watch them today if they were hosting a home playoff game. I wouldn't wear a mask and I'd lick the face of everyone in my section for good measure.

What’s the weather like on your high horse?

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

No. Not because of COVID but because of the Gase infection this team has. 

Yeah, because the injuries and sicknesses were his fault, because 6-2 with the worst roster in the NFL was such an awful finish, Darnold showed no growth, and with all the coaches quitting there is no continuity heading into 2020.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, JTJet said:

Absolutely would go 100%. If they do open, I am betting that ticket prices would plummet the closer it gets to the date, so prime seat options. 

You should have just typed "Too cheap to buy season tickets or Stubhub, but hey, if I can get a great seat for the price of a beer I'll risk my life".

SAR I

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

You should have just typed "No, I'm a fairweather fan, waiting for the next bandwagon to jump on and pretend I was there all along".

SAR I

Been a fan since the 80's. Still watch every game. Not giving terrible owners my hard earned money anymore until they give us a good product. There's nothing fair weather about it. It my protest against the clueless owners.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, SAR I said:

No.  Not a chance.  Let's see....

Parking lot is tailgate Vietnam as it is, can't imagine having to joust and fight my way through through the unwashed masses but this time knowing they could kill me.

Congestion at security, no way anyone will respect 6 foot distancing, hell, sober people don't do it at my grocery store.

Un-sanitized bins that we're all forced to put our phones and keys in.

Minimum wage scanner person fuddling with my phone because they don't understand QR technology.

Mass of people at the escalators.

Too many people packed too tightly in seats, people behind me leaning forward breathing on my neck.

Food lines.  Food workers not wearing masks and talking too much.

Bathroom lines.  Drunken idiots not wearing masks and talking too much.

Egress crowds.  The drunk and the hungover, no masks, farting is a transmission source.

SAR I

You're forgetting the millions packed into secaucus junction waiting for the train. that many people in that small a space, should be illegal.

I skip the tailgating stuff and always go late, usually 10 minutes into the 1st quarter. The appeal has almost completely worn off, partly helped by the team's sh*tty performances.

But i'll tell you what, football is nowhere near as bad as the US open. The open is everything you describe times 10. Right from the train ride on the horrific 7 train, from the endlessly long walk through security, and people breathing on you as you walk around. Least the Knicks or rangers game at MSG get you in and out quickly

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, Barry McCockinner said:

Been a fan since the 80's. Still watch every game. Not giving terrible owners my hard earned money anymore until they give us a good product. There's nothing fair weather about it. It my protest against the clueless owners.

The "clueless owners" built a team that got us to the playoffs 6 times in their first 11 years, winning 6 of those playoff games all in a brutal era with the Patriots dynasty.  And after an expected rebuilding down period traded up to draft our first franchise quarterback in 50 years having us on the precipice of AFC East dominance.

Show them some respect.  Or, at the very least, shut up.

SAR I

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The "clueless owners" built a team that got us to the playoffs 6 times in their first 11 years, winning 6 of those playoff games all in a brutal era with the Patriots dynasty.  And after an expected rebuilding down period traded up to draft our first franchise quarterback in 50 years having us on the precipice of AFC East dominance.

Show them some respect.  Or, at the very least, shut up.

SAR I

who the F do you think you are?

eat a dick

The owners are trash.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

Yes, I would go. You still have to live and the mortality rate is very low.

It's not just the chance of death.  Have you read about what many people who survive go through?  Two agonizing weeks of high temperatures, muscle cramps, headaches, nausea, diarrhea, breathing difficulties, completely sleepless nights.  That's 14 days where you're lying awake at night finding it hard to breathe and not sure if you're going to get worse and die or face another day where just getting out of bed is torture, all the while praying you haven't infected your wife and kids.  No thanks.

SAR I

• Sympathy 1

12 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I don't think you know what "high horse" means.

You are too good to attend games unless the team acts as you want them to, thus looking down at them from your high horse.

Hop on down off the ? and root the team on.

• Sympathy 1

11 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

You are the definition of fair weather if that’s true and not just bad boy internet flexing ?

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

eat a dick

The owners are trash.

I think I'm an actual Jets fan who can see the effort of our owner, coaches, and players and how it is translating to wins and a very bright future.

I think you are a clueless whiner, another SOJF eyeore who enjoys losing because it defines who he is.

Shut up.  Now. 

SAR I

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

Yes, I would go. You still have to live and the mortality rate is very low. Reality is that tens of thousands of people in this country die every year from the flu. Tens of thousands die every year from a variety of ailments, accidents, and other stuff. People just haven't been paying attention until now unless it hit them or someone they know. That's just life and obviously it sucks more for those who have been touched personally by the current situation, but in the grand scheme of things this is normal business as usual. That may sound cold, but it's just reality as the world turns. 

Hate to say it, but we're not gonna see live sport in NY/NJ anytime soon. not gonna get into the reasons, but that's the reality.

If there's a resumption it'll happen in other, less densely populated regions of the country. not here.

3 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

eat a dick

The owners are trash.

Strong.??‍♂️

why are you here? The ad revenue from this site goes towards JETS related purchases I thought you weren’t doing that until the ownership listens to you?

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

It's not just the chance of death.  Have you read about what many people who survive go through?  Two agonizing weeks of high temperatures, muscle cramps, headaches, nausea, diarrhea, breathing difficulties, completely sleepless nights.  That's 14 days where you're lying awake at night finding it hard to breathe and not sure if you're going to get worse and die or face another day where just getting out of bed is torture, all the while praying you haven't infected your wife and kids.  No thanks.

SAR I

So, it's like being a Jets fan???

• Haha 3

I can root the team from my living room just fine, thank you.

Thus giving them ratings and generating revenue, are you in or out man? Enough of the half asses proclaiming to be on a high ? 

• Post of the Week 1

I'd go watch them today if they were hosting a home playoff game. I wouldn't wear a mask and I'd lick the face of everyone in my section for good measure.

Thanks for changing your Avatar. It really was awkward. 

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

To be quite honest I think the NFL should make the decision now to just completely eliminate the thought of fans at games this years, but they obviously wont do that

The 1918 Spanish Flu disappeared in the course of a single month.  Viruses mutate as they spread from person to person and they had a lucky mutation.  Perhaps the NFL is hoping for the same thing (as are we all).

I can't see myself in a stadium with 15,000+ people in the same way I can't see myself at my son's hockey practice among 12 other people.  It only takes 1 sloppy person with bad social distancing and mask habits to get very sick and, in turn, expose the people you love to the same fate.

SAR I

45 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

Yes, I would go. You still have to live and the mortality rate is very low. Reality is that tens of thousands of people in this country die every year from the flu. Tens of thousands die every year from a variety of ailments, accidents, and other stuff. People just haven't been paying attention until now unless it hit them or someone they know. That's just life and obviously it sucks more for those who have been touched personally by the current situation, but in the grand scheme of thAings this is normal business as usual. That may sound cold, but it's just reality as the world turns. 

Actually, the mortality rate is about 12 times higher than influenza. In a month and a half the US has lost more people to COVID than they did in the entire Vietnam War. The death rate for influenza over a full year in 2018 was around 34K. If half the population in the US is exposed to COVID, there will be around a million dead. By any measure, that's a very big number. Unlike accidents, this is potentially preventable if people are disciplined. It's a dreadful condundrum, and I appreciate your desire to go about your business and take whatever comes. I also appreciate the enormous economic cost. I hope there will at least be treatments available soon so we can bring mortality rates down significantly. That would be a gamechanger.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

43 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Sure, but in all likelihood you already had it. It swept through the country prior to the lock down. I don't think most people realize how easily and fast disease like this one spreads. I don't have a wife or kids so that isn't part of my arithmetic.

6 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

Sure, but in all likelihood you already had it. It swept through the country prior to the lock down. I don't think most people realize how easily and fast disease like this one spreads. I don't have a wife or kids so that isn't part of my arithmetic.

Yes, agreed.  If I test positive for the antibody and its proven that the antibody is protection, I'll grab my hoodie, my hat, my boat shoes, and my khaki's and off we go to MetLife Stadium.

SAR I

• Upvote 1