2020 - 2021, 2022 Predictions...

2 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

2020 - Due to ineptitude at the HC position, despite upgrading the manpower, the Jets offense still winds up at the bottom of the pack.  They win 6 games max. Defense plays good enough to win, but offense sputters and sputters and sputters...

Douglas cans Gase...

Woody comes back from Ireland and cans Chris

Woody & Douglas bring back Rex.

Woody, Douglas and Rex hire a dynamic OC.

2022 Season, Jets return to the playoffs... Fans have a ball... 

gary28s-4-web.jpg

Once re-hired, Woody and Rex broker a deal renaming Metlife Stadium Dr. Scholl's Park.

• Haha 4

24 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

2020 - Due to ineptitude at the HC position, despite upgrading the manpower, the Jets offense still winds up at the bottom of the pack.  They win 6 games max. Defense plays good enough to win, but offense sputters and sputters and sputters...

Douglas cans Gase...

gary28s-4-web.jpg

I will never forget the way Rex showed his arse when he was coaching the Bills and they beat us.  Before the game he acted like it was just like every other game....after they beat us he dropped a tirade of enthusiastic f bombs on the sideline.  I don’t need my football coach to be as classy as James Bond, but I would appreciate a little bit of dignity… Just a tiny bit. Don’t give me wrong I love me some Rex when he was our coach, I got a photo with him and my wife in Spain after he did running with the bulls. But I thought he acted like a punk when he went with the bills. Just my opinion

7 minutes ago, Lil O said:

I will never forget the way Rex showed his arse when he was coaching the Bills and they beat us.  Before the game he acted like it was just like every other game....after they beat us he dropped a tirade of enthusiastic f bombs on the sideline.  I don’t need my football coach to be as classy as James Bond, but I would appreciate a little bit of dignity… Just a tiny bit. Don’t give me wrong I love me some Rex when he was our coach, I got a photo with him and my wife in Spain after he did running with the bulls. But I thought he acted like a punk when he went with the bills. Just my opinion

All things being equal, I'd agree that he made too much of it.  Still... I appreciate the sentiment in this case.  Idzik didn't have plans to win that season. Quite the contrary.  He was gearing up to get rid of Rex and begin his program when Rex was gone. At my job, I *really* want to excel.  If I wound up with a superior that was trying to burn the ladder out from under me, it would be something I would not forget about it.  Payback would be golden.

• Upvote 1

Rex rehires Schotty and he transforms Darnold into a cyborg mutant Quarterback that shatters the single season record of 55 passing TD's with a modest amount of 172. We then win the Superbowl and the entire parade consists of Rex riding around on a float whilst kicking Belichick in the balls. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, THE BARON said:

Douglas cans Gase...

gary28s-4-web.jpg

Dude, you need to get out the house.

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

All things being equal, I'd agree that he made too much of it.  Still... I appreciate the sentiment in this case.  Idzik didn't have plans to win that season. Quite the contrary.  He was gearing up to get rid of Rex and begin his program when Rex was gone. At my job, I *really* want to excel.  If I wound up with a superior that was trying to burn the ladder out from under me, it would be something I would not forget about it.  Payback would be golden.

I hear you.  I just would have preferred him to say before the game, that yeah he was pissed off and this was payback. I think that’s what we all loved about Rex the fact that he always spoke the truth what was in his heart. He wasn’t much of a politician or a diplomat. So for him to act like it wasn’t a big deal and then go crazy just didn’t seem very Rex like. I would’ve totally been doing backflips if I was in his shoes.

1 minute ago, Lil O said:

I hear you.  I just would have preferred him to say before the game, that yeah he was pissed off and this was payback. I think that’s what we all loved about Rex the fact that he always spoke the truth what was in his heart. He wasn’t much of a politician or a diplomat. So for him to act like it wasn’t a big deal and then go crazy just didn’t seem very Rex like. I would’ve totally been doing backflips if I was in his shoes.

I dig...Some restraint would have gone a long way...

Douglas cans Gase...

gary28s-4-web.jpg

high basketball wives GIF by VH1

Douglas cans Gase...

Unless there's been a change in the way the Jets do business that I'm not aware of, Douglas does not have the authority to fire Gase. Or hire a new head coach. 

Douglas cans Gase...

Do you honestly believe that? Rex is not now or was he EVER a good HC even with a good OC which Schottenheimer was. Rex went straight downhill after Schotty left. And oh yeah, Douglas does not have the authority to hire or fire the HC.

• Thumb Down 1

53 minutes ago, Ex-Rex said:

Do you honestly believe that? Rex is not now or was he EVER a good HC even with a good OC which Schottenheimer was. Rex went straight downhill after Schotty left. And oh yeah, Douglas does not have the authority to hire or fire the HC.

Um... Schotty Jr was a painfully bad OC for the Jets,  Rex went down hill due to manpower issues, not his coaching. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, THE BARON said:

Douglas cans Gase...

gary28s-4-web.jpg

OK, now put down the crack pipe.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, slats said:

Unless there's been a change in the way the Jets do business that I'm not aware of, Douglas does not have the authority to fire Gase. Or hire a new head coach. 

You think any GM really has the authority to fire a HC without the owner agreeing to it?  I really dont think that's true any more.  I'm thinking pretty much everywhere its the same, the GM thinks its time for the HC to go and goes to the owner to get his permission/ok to fire him.   So ultimately it's the owners call, no difference here than anywhere else

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

You think any GM really has the authority to fire a HC without the owner agreeing to it?  I really dont think that's true any more.  I'm thinking pretty much everywhere its the same, the GM thinks its time for the HC to go and goes to the owner to get his permission/ok to fire him.   So ultimately it's the owners call, no difference here than anywhere else

There is a difference. Many other teams have hierarchies in which the GM hires the HC and is his boss. Others have the head coach in charge of everything with a personnel guy working for him. The Jets have this separate but equal system where both the HC and GM report directly to the owner. I've never liked it, I think it causes division and friction between a head coach who needs to win now and a GM who needs to look long term. One boss, one vision is the better way to go, IMHO.