Did anyone see Orlovsky on Get Up this morning?

3 minutes ago, ASH1962 said:

What Orlovsky is saying, and I agree with him, is Sam has done more with less than any NFL QB in history. The Jet offensive roster has been nothing short of a disgrace since he got here.

Still haven’t done enough to surround him with talent. Need that stud target. Hope it’s Mims.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

I was amused. These running QB shelf life are so short, any sort of injury that would affect either running or throwing could render them useless. They're almost like runningbacks, how they are discarded after they become ineffective because of injury ala RG3, Cam, etc.  Would Lamar be able to bounce back after a Brady like injury in 2008 and play another 10 years? Most likely not.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, PS17 said:

I like Orlovsky as an analyst. Pretty sure Get Up is designated to be “hot take”-y like First Take has always been but he clearly understands the QB position and football at large if you’ve heard his takes. 

I really think he should end up on Monday Night Football. 

28 minutes ago, JTJet said:

I really think he should end up on Monday Night Football. 

Totally. I had this conversation with my brother recently. ESPN has Dan Orlovsky and Louis Riddick. And we get f*cking illiterate Booger on MNF?

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

I’m surprised that even some Jets fans still doubt whether or not Darnold is a FQB. This kid is a stud. He is the real deal. I’m so glad we chose him over both Allen and Mayfield. 

Lamar Jackson is another story. But Sam is still a solid QB. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 1

It's really interesting to see the reception of Darnold in different circles

On one hand, stat guys and number crunchers seem to be skeptical of him. On the other hand, former QB's and film gurus unanimously sing praise about him turning into an Elite QB down the line. 

This year is going to be a blast no matter what happens.

• Upvote 3

What I love about Darnold is they threw everything but the kitchen sink at him last year and he didn't fold.  We can make mono jokes but he genuinely came back from a very serious illness.  And rallied after one of the worst Monday Night beating in recent history.  A season under his belt with a new coach and I think he is ready to be an established player in this league.  Iron sharpens iron.  Darnold will remember everything BB taught him.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, PS17 said:

Totally. I had this conversation with my brother recently. ESPN has Dan Orlovsky and Louis Riddick. And we get f*cking illiterate Booger on MNF?

Its mind boggling to me. He is far and away the best football analyst they have had in many moons. 

I wonder if they pull in more numbers by having him on the other shows? 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, PS17 said:

While watching the draft together, my 9 year old thought Booger was the greatest!

(of course, that was simply due to his name)

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ASH1962 said:

What Orlovsky is saying, and I agree with him, is Sam has done more with less than any NFL QB in history. The Jet offensive roster has been nothing short of a disgrace since he got here.

be careful with that narrative Buddy. You're gonna get pigeon holed as a Darnold apologist of Sanchesian proportions.  :) 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Grandy said:

It's really interesting to see the reception of Darnold in different circles

On one hand, stat guys and number crunchers seem to be skeptical of him. On the other hand, former QB's and film gurus unanimously sing praise about him turning into an Elite QB down the line. 

This year is going to be a blast no matter what happens.

It’s because the QB position is very nuanced.  Knowledgable people that understand the game can see what Sam does and what he does considering the pressure he’s under and his receivers are almost never open and he has to throw, literally, a perfect ball to get most of his receptions.  

No time + no separation + no running game makes that job close impossible, yet Sam looks good at times.  And the few games he’s had a semblance of protection he flourishes.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

49 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

It’s because the QB position is very nuanced.  Knowledgable people that understand the game can see what Sam does and what he does considering the pressure he’s under and his receivers are almost never open and he has to throw, literally, a perfect ball to get most of his receptions.  

No time + no separation + no running game makes that job close impossible, yet Sam looks good at times.  And the few games he’s had a semblance of protection he flourishes.  

I don't know how many times I have to remind people. Trevor Siemian was a competent starter in this league, and for about a half he was worse than Luke Falk in this offense. Luke Falk, an extremely successful college QB, literally looked like a middle schooler behind this offensive line. His career is over before it started. Sam Darnold went 7-6 with that trash heap. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

44 minutes ago, nico002 said:

I don't know how many times I have to remind people. Trevor Siemian was a competent starter in this league, and for about a half he was worse than Luke Falk in this offense. Luke Falk, an extremely successful college QB, literally looked like a middle schooler behind this offensive line. His career is over before it started. Sam Darnold went 7-6 with that trash heap. 

I thought Siemian was gonna be hauled off the field in a body bag, watching that game. He had no chance. It was like I was watching 1995-96 all over again. 

• Upvote 3