Jets close to signing Logan Ryan?

1 hour ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Potential top 5 defense in football if:

Mosley comes back strong

Williams starts to play to his hype

Davis is the Honey Badger lite and contributes

We get anything out of Zuniga

Lots of ifs but all are strong possibilities 

And add, IF Bryce Hall is healthy and becomes the shutdown CB He was hyped to be after 2018.  And I actually think Williams is going to be a wonderful surprise this year.  Fingers crossed for a top 5 D!

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

16 minutes ago, Lil O said:

And add, IF Bryce Hall is healthy and becomes the shutdown CB He was hyped to be after 2018.  And I actually think Williams is going to be a wonderful surprise this year.  Fingers crossed for a top 5 D!

I would think that's possible, we were the 7th ranked D last year and added talent this offseason along and would be adding Mosely to the unit 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, JiF said:

Legit, I think adding Ryan would make this one of the best defenses in the league. 

I don’t like Ryan for this team. If you sign him he’s the unquestioned starter opposite of Desir. I like the battle of unproven guys (Austin, Wilson, Maulet, Hairston, Hall) over older vets at CB. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, JetFan20 said:

I don’t like Ryan for this team. If you sign him he’s the unquestioned starter opposite of Desir. I like the battle of unproven guys (Austin, Wilson, Maulet, Hairston, Hall) over older vets at CB. 

I don't mind adding Logan Ryan at all. I still think the battle of the unproven guys will be vital to the team. We are going to be playing more than 2 CBs on the majority of our plays and there are almost certain to be injuries. We have a bunch of bodies right now, but I don't really want to be relying on some of the guys on our roster for more than spot duty just yet...

• Upvote 2

Adding Logan Ryan would be a big move - it solves our secondary issue and makes the pass rush better because they have more time to get to the passer. Top 5 defense potential, easily.

This signing would have us focusing on solely WR heading into camp. That’s an enormous jump in one offseason

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

If 61 tackles, 1 IINT, and 6.5 sacks and 7 PD is worth $16mm per to you people, Logan Ryan’s 73 tackles, 4 INT, 4 FF, 4.5 sacks and 18 PDs must be worth, what, $25 mil?

He is not worth any of that.  He has all those tackles because QBs ALWAYS throw his way.  Want to guess why?  Well the word rhymes with "ducks".  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

32 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If 61 tackles, 1 IINT, and 6.5 sacks and 7 PD is worth $16mm per to you people, Logan Ryan’s 73 tackles, 4 INT, 4 FF, 4.5 sacks and 18 PDs must be worth, what, $25 mil?

But Jamal's Deion style mouth is where the money is.

• Upvote 1