2021 Mock. I just wanted to get it in Early and to beat the rush!

GREENBEAN

team logo
NYJ 8.
Jaylen Waddle
WR Alabama

NYJ 21.
Tyler Linderbaum
OC Iowa

NYJ 40.
Alijah Vera-Tucker
OG USC

NYJ 72.
Kwity Paye
EDGE Michigan

NYJ 85.
Jaycee Horn
CB South Carolina

NYJ 103.
Monty Rice
LB Georgia

NYJ 133.
Reggie Roberson
WR SMU

NYJ 135.
Richie Grant
S UCF

NYJ 167.
Jalen Redmond
EDGE Oklahoma

NYJ 199.
Robert Rochell
CB Central Arkansas

I'm presuming that the O line is still not be very good by the end of the season and JD will look to complete the rebuild of the O line.

So the Draft Network has the Jets picking 1 right now in their mock draft. Instead of taking Lawrence, I traded down with the Jags and .... my haul is, frankly, ridiculous. 

• All Picks
  • User Picks
  • Trades

jets.png
    New York Jets
    Gregory Rousseau
    EDGE, Miami
    jets.png
    New York Jets
    Rashod Bateman
    WR, Minnesota
    jets.png
    New York Jets
    Samuel Cosmi
    OT, Texas
    jets.png
    New York Jets
    Kyle Pitts
    TE, Florida
    jets.png
    New York Jets
    Journey Brown
    RB, Penn State

jets.png
    New York Jets
    Asante Samuel Jr.
    CB, Florida State
    jets.png
    New York Jets
    Patrick Jones II
    EDGE, Pittsburgh
    jets.png
    New York Jets
    Chatarius Atwell
    WR, Louisville
    jets.png
    New York Jets
    Jake Ferguson
    TE, Wisconsin
    jets.png
    New York Jets
    Joshua Ross
    LB, Michigan

jets.png
    New York Jets
    Amari Gainer
    LB, Florida State
    jets.png
    New York Jets
    Demetric Felton
    RB, UCLA
    jets.png
    New York Jets
    Micheal Clemons
    EDGE, Texas A&M
on-the-clock-2020.02a4b5f.716.png

• Upvote 1

I'm a draft god

NYJ 8.
Ja'Marr Chase
WR LSU

NYJ 21.
Kyle Pitts
TE Florida

NYJ 40.
Travis Etienne
RB Clemson

NYJ 72.
Chazz Surratt
LB North Carolina

NYJ 85.
Seth Williams
WR Auburn

NYJ 103.
Garrett Wallow
LB TCU

NYJ 133.
LaRon Stokes
DT Oklahoma

NYJ 135.
Drake Jackson
OC Kentucky

NYJ 167.
Jalen Redmond
EDGE Oklahoma

NYJ 199.
Kellen Mond
QB Texas A&M

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, JiF said:

I'm a draft god

NYJ 8.
Ja'Marr Chase
WR LSU

NYJ 21.
Kyle Pitts
TE Florida

NYJ 40.
Travis Etienne
RB Clemson

NYJ 72.
Chazz Surratt
LB North Carolina

NYJ 85.
Seth Williams
WR Auburn

NYJ 103.
Garrett Wallow
LB TCU

NYJ 133.
LaRon Stokes
DT Oklahoma

NYJ 135.
Drake Jackson
OC Kentucky

NYJ 167.
Jalen Redmond
EDGE Oklahoma

NYJ 199.
Kellen Mond
QB Texas A&M

Well we've already got a linebacker playing quarterback so.

My first mock for 2021.   Draft Network has us with #1 pick, I can't pass the opportunity to take a QB without having to package picks.  Unless Darnold is siginificantly better over the rest of the season.

New York Jets
Justin Fields
QB, Ohio State

New York Jets
Rashod Bateman
WR, Minnesota

New York Jets
Rondale Moore
WR, Purdue

New York Jets
Carlos Basham Jr.
EDGE, Wake Forest

New York Jets
Liam Eichenberg
OT, Notre Dame

New York Jets
Zamir White
RB, Georgia

New York Jets
T.J. Carter
CB, Memphis

New York Jets
Alec Lindstrom
IOL, Boston College

New York Jets
Justyn Ross
WR, Clemson

New York Jets
LaBryan Ray
IDL, Alabama

On 9/20/2020 at 11:43 AM, Lith said:

My first mock for 2021.   Draft Network has us with #1 pick, I can't pass the opportunity to take a QB without having to package picks.  Unless Darnold is siginificantly better over the rest of the season.

New York Jets
Justin Fields
QB, Ohio State

New York Jets
Rashod Bateman
WR, Minnesota

New York Jets
Rondale Moore
WR, Purdue

New York Jets
Carlos Basham Jr.
EDGE, Wake Forest

New York Jets
Liam Eichenberg
OT, Notre Dame

New York Jets
Zamir White
RB, Georgia

New York Jets
T.J. Carter
CB, Memphis

New York Jets
Alec Lindstrom
IOL, Boston College

New York Jets
Justyn Ross
WR, Clemson

New York Jets
LaBryan Ray
IDL, Alabama

I can’t believe we are back to scouting QBs again with this franchise.   So f***king frustrating.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

16 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

I can’t believe we are back to scouting QBs again with this franchise.   So f***king frustrating.  

Agreed.  At times I feel like this franchise is cursed.  No matter what they touch it tuns to sh*t.  I still thnk Darnold was the right pick at the time, and with the right coaching, and supporting cast, could have developed into a really good QB. I still think he might be a good QB someday, I am just not sure it happen for him here.

But if there are still questions about him going into year 4, when we are only a year or so away from having to pay him $30MM plus per year, and we are in position to draft a Fields or Lawrence, without giving up a ransom,  I think you have to do it and reset the clock on a QB's rookie deal.  Unless Darnold really lights it up over the next 14 weeks.

We may need a fresh start.  And so might Sam.

But none of it will matter if Gase is still the HC.

On 9/21/2020 at 4:00 PM, sec101row23 said:

First off - whenever you have time, would love to hear your full thoughts on Lawerence, in case we do somehow wind up with 1 overall. 

Personally I dont see us having enough bad luck to actually pick 1.  If we do, I think JD has to take Lawerence but we can discuss that in December.  What I do think is that we will be picking top 10 and likely will have a shot at someone like Trey Lance, which is a great consolation prize.

First off we have 2 first rounders so JD can take a developmental QB and still add a quality player to help the team at 30 (or wherever Seattle will pick).  Secondly, a guy like Lawerence ends Sam's career here, he simply has to start.  Lance is a guy who can sit and develop behind sam while we hopefully give it one more shot with an actual coach - best case Sam somehow puts it together and we flip Lance for a future #1.  Worst case Sam still doesnt improve, we dont pick up his option and we have Lance start opening day 2022 with a roster that added 2 new first round picks.

They had us picking 7th.  Trevor and Fields were off the board.

Funny thing is, the Bengals took Lawerence so I traded 2022's number 1 for Burrow.

May the better quarterback win.

here was my four round mock:

NYJ 7.
Ja'Marr Chase
WR  LSU

NYJ 31.
Elijah Molden
CB  Washington

NYJ 39.
Alex Leatherwood
OT  Alabama

NYJ 71.
Aidan Hutchinson
EDGE  Michigan

NYJ 94.
Alec Lindstrom
OC  Boston College

NYJ 102.
Zamir White
RB  Georgia

-Chase:  Stud receiver to go with Mims and Jamison

-Molden:  Top corner on the board

-Leatherwood:  Bookend Tackles for the next 12 years.  Might kick inside for a year until we can move on from Fant

-Hutch:  Bloodline potential pick here.  Michigan seems to always churn out the high energy edges

-Lindstrom:  Center is still a need.  Maybe sits a year until or Conner kicks out to guard.

-White:  another stud SEC running back to go with Perine.

• 3 weeks later...

The potential is there to trade down twice if Fields plays like he's capable of.

Trade down to Washington or Jacksonville.  Whoever holds the second pick, and then again to the other team.

Looking at a massive haul of players this year and the next.

1388701885_ScreenShot2020-10-24at2_21_39PM.png.6ad2358f6e73c916b4f2d6c791a595ab.png

4 one's next year to build a complete team before finding Sam's replacement in 2022 or a cheap young team built around our franchise quarterback that now needs to be paid.

Just remember, teams need to be rebuilt for their quarterbacks multiple times when they have long careers.  Sam's young enough to have the team be rebuilt three times. You can afford him when the rest of the team are on rookie deals, then you trade those players off when they're about to be paid in 3-4 years. 

• Post of the Week 1

8 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

The potential is there to trade down twice if Fields plays like he's capable of.

Trade down to Washington or Jacksonville.  Whoever holds the second pick, and then again to the other team.

Looking at a massive haul of players this year and the next.

1388701885_ScreenShot2020-10-24at2_21_39PM.png.6ad2358f6e73c916b4f2d6c791a595ab.png

4 one's next year to build a complete team before finding Sam's replacement in 2022 or a cheap young team built around our franchise quarterback that now needs to be paid.

Just remember, teams need to be rebuilt for their quarterbacks multiple times when they have long careers.  Sam's young enough to have the team be rebuilt three times. You can afford him when the rest of the team are on rookie deals, then you trade those players off when they're about to be paid in 3-4 years. 

4 1sts in 2022 on top of that draft? This team could be stacked for years.

• Upvote 1

If Seattle wins the Super Bowl the Jets would have picks 32 and 33 (lol...the irony here).  But a question.... has a team ever had the very last pick in Round 1 and then the first pick in Round 2?

That Round 2 pick would be massive trade bait for JD as teams always want that first player off the board on Day 2.

Just for sh!ts and grins I did a mock at PFN and traded down from #1 with Atlanta to see how well we could restock this roster.  Getting Atlanta's 1st (#4 overall), 2nd (#36), 3rd (#68) this year plus Atlanta's 1st and 2nd next season.  I know I could have gotten more but didn't feel like clicking all over the place.

1039476787_ScreenShot2020-10-24at11_05_46PM.png.71ca84626a0fc01a5fd6fa273dd84e84.png

• Upvote 1

On 9/21/2020 at 4:00 PM, sec101row23 said:

Lol, I thought the exact same thing all day yesterday - brutal.

BUT

The good thing is there seem to be 3 very good QBs in this draft, and it was great to see Fields look so good both running and passing.  We really have no choice but to use our own 1st on a QB, its just too important and its not like there is a Chase Young/Bosa to consider.  

New coach, Sam and Fields/Lawerence/Lance and use FA for the defense works for me.

Hey guys, typically I don’t do ANY reading up on prospects until I sign up for the JN mock, and draft for the Colts. 

So, here is my completely ignorant, zero knowledge of NCAA except reading 1-2 sentences about guys draft.

Maybe in the spring I’ll come back and update it. My goal here was to rebuild as much offense as I could in 1 draft. 

EFAFFECB-AE10-4DE3-A60C-50B9214C01ED.png

On 9/21/2020 at 1:00 PM, sec101row23 said:

we enjoyed 2 whole offseasons without having the position as the primary point of contention. 

two. 

• 4 weeks later...

So I was offered a haul from the Jags to swap first round picks.  I took it and reshaped the roster:

1624642514_ScreenShot2020-11-21at9_14_05AM.png.9a4f77b591ab6b1df6719f931a7563bf.png

New QB

Edge we've been missing for years

Center

RT

Stud RB

WR to play opposite Mims

Possible CB1

LB that plays very similar to Jamal

Miami TE to replace our current Cane dud

3 1's in 2022