Would you trade..

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

our 2021 2nd round pick and 5th round pick for JuJu Smith-Schuster?

yes for 3 reasons  

1. Very Good Player

2. Super Young (23)

3. already has Great chemistry with Darnold.. ( probably the most important reason of them all)

my only con is he will be looking for Cooper money very soon. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

Juju is a good football player but he’s better in the slot than outside and isn’t a field stretcher. Don’t think he aligns with what what Douglas has been adding at the position or fits the Jets’ personnel needs at the position well.

• Upvote 1

I take back my comment. Looks like Juju doesn’t want to stay in Pittsburgh. Which means he has a foot out the door. The best I’d offer is a conditional 3rd rounder if he resigns a long term deal with us. Without it, I wouldn’t pay more than a 4th for a 1 year rental. We can sign him for free if we can win the bid in FA next year and the Steelers know that. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, heymangold said:

I love when guys downplay receivers like this.  Trading for juju would bring a receiver here that is probably the best the jets have had since the braylon edwards, santonio holmes days.  
This team doesn’t ever have talent the likes of juju, everyone seems fine with a good slot guy and middling talents like robbie anderson and breshad perriman.   Look at the bills, they made moves.  The Eagles, they made moves. The cardinals, they made moves.  The Broncos draft 2 highly regarded WRs to go with their already good WR in courtland sutton. Time to surround darnold with some weapons and see what he can do.

YEAH BUT DOES DIS GARANTEE A SPOT IN DA SUPAH BOWL LOMBARDI TRIPHY GAME?

If Mims is the guy we think he is, we would have one of the best receiving corps in football, counting the TE in the equation. 
For a 2nd rounder.
Come on now. If mims is calvin Johnson we still don't have one of the best recieving corps. Can not count on perriman or doctson until they show you repeated success. Crowder is mediocre leaning tword the lowside of good and our tight ends are unknowns.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

• Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, bealeb319 said:

Come on now. If mims is calvin Johnson we still don't have one of the best recieving corps. Can not count on perriman or doctson until they show you repeated success. Crowder is mediocre leaning tword the lowside of good and our tight ends are unknowns.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

I meant with Ju Ju

And Crowder is one of the best slot receivers in football.

Where do I sign?  You are just teasing us now. 

Any sane person would make that trade in a nano second. An established successful player, capable of being top 10 in the league for years and that we have seen be outstanding at times vs a pair of dart throw draft choices?   Are you serious?

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

On the surface yes we'd all love him but we see the way Douglas is going and that is building through the draft. if after a couple drafts we are ready to truly compete for not just the playoffs but a deep run, then yes I can see us making a big deal but only in a couple years.

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, Jetster said:

This is a NO BRAINER! Jets are much closer now than people think. I want the AFC East THIS YEAR! Mims, Juju, Crowder, Perriman, Herndon, Bell? Are you f*cking kidding me? For a 2 & 5? For a known Quality? That group would be a handful for any top team in the AFC, including KC & Ravens. 

For the life of me, I do not understand Jet fans? 

It's not even about Jet fans. It's about personality type. Some people would rather kick the can down the road and take a chance later than capitalize on a chance now. Like a bunch of old ladies with their change purses. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, LockeJET said:

On the surface yes we'd all love him but we see the way Douglas is going and that is building through the draft. if after a couple drafts we are ready to truly compete for not just the playoffs but a deep run, then yes I can see us making a big deal but only in a couple years.

Well, I'm going to take a nap until then. I'll set an alarm. I hope that deal is worth the wait!

25 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Where do I sign?  You are just teasing us now. 

Any sane person would make that trade in a nano second. An established successful player, capable of being top 10 in the league for years and that we have seen be outstanding at times vs a pair of dart throw draft choices?   Are you serious?

The way people overvalue draft picks is a ****n mazing to me.

• Upvote 1