Would you trade..

43 minutes ago, heymangold said:

I love when guys downplay receivers like this.  Trading for juju would bring a receiver here that is probably the best the jets have had since the braylon edwards, santonio holmes days.  
This team doesn’t ever have talent the likes of juju, everyone seems fine with a good slot guy and middling talents like robbie anderson and breshad perriman.   Look at the bills, they made moves.  The Eagles, they made moves. The cardinals, they made moves.  The Broncos draft 2 highly regarded WRs to go with their already good WR in courtland sutton. Time to surround darnold with some weapons and see what he can do.

Juju went from 1,400 yards to 500 yards receiving once AB left.  You can blame the  QB but only for so long.  The Steelers are about to commit highway robbery 

46 minutes ago, heymangold said:

I love when guys downplay receivers like this.  Trading for juju would bring a receiver here that is probably the best the jets have had since the braylon edwards, santonio holmes days.  
This team doesn’t ever have talent the likes of juju, everyone seems fine with a good slot guy and middling talents like robbie anderson and breshad perriman.   Look at the bills, they made moves.  The Eagles, they made moves. The cardinals, they made moves.  The Broncos draft 2 highly regarded WRs to go with their already good WR in courtland sutton. Time to surround darnold with some weapons and see what he can do.

And people are blindly looking at stats and saying A. Brown was the reason for JuJu's success.  LOL LOL LOL.  How dumb considering the QB issues they had.  

Yes, absolutely.  If we were to get Smith-Schuster the offense would be loaded with weapons and should be enough to make the playoffs at a minimum and quite possibly win the East.  That would make the 2nd round pick in the 50s or even 60s, and 5th rounders are always a crap shoot.  We already have two extra picks next year from the Giants and Patriots trade so that would leave us with 8.  I’m not seeing the down side.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Dcat said:

This is wrong on every level.  There was no QB worth a sh!t in Pittsburgh.  That's like evaluating Jets receivers w/Luke Faulk at QB.  

So why did Diontae Johnson, a rookie playing with the same qbs, have more receiving yards, touchdowns and receptions than Juju last season?

• Upvote 1

Just now, Philc1 said:

So why did Diontae Johnson, a rookie playing with the same qbs, have more receiving yards, touchdowns and receptions than Juju last season?

Because the QB couldn't get the ball downfield at all and had to check down all the time and hardly ever even looked Juju's way.  You watched zero Steelers it seems.  You are going just on stats alone. Stop. You are wrong.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Philc1 said:

Dionate Johnson - 680 yards 5 tds

Juju Smith Schuster - 553 yards 3 tds

Playing with the same quarterbacks on the same team.

This is idiotic.  You take Johnson and I'll take Smith-Schuster and in 5 years we'll see who will be laughuing in the other's face.  You didn't even watch the steelers if you are making this claim.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Dcat said:

Because the QB couldn't get the ball downfield at all and had to check down all the time and hardly ever even looked Juju's way.  You watched zero Steelers it seems.  You are going just on stats alone. Stop. You are wrong.

I watched the Steelers plenty last year.  Juju looked average without AB drawing double coverage every play and you guys want to trade a first round pick and more for him

Just now, Dcat said:

This is idiotic.  You take Johnson and I'll take Smith-Schuster and in 5 years we'll see who will be laughuing in the other's face.  You didn't even watch the steelers if you are making this claim.

Why is it idiotic? Same team, same qbs throwing the ball, yet a unheralded rookie outperformed a supposed “Star” Smith Schuster

Just now, Philc1 said:

Why is it idiotic? Same team, same qbs throwing the ball, yet a rookie outperformed a supposed “Star” Smith Schuster

You have no clue on this one.  Done with this nonsense.  You put Diontae on your team.  I'll put Smith-Schuster on my team.  Leave it at that.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

No.  Juju is overrated and got exposed without Antonio Brown last season big time

He had a backup QB throwing to him. Juju would beast here with teams also having to check Mims, Crowder, Perriman, Herndon & Bell out of the backfield. 

1 minute ago, Jetster said:

He had a backup QB throwing to him. Juju would beast here with teams also having to check Mims, Crowder, Perriman, Herndon & Bell out of the backfield. 

And a rookie playing on the same team with the same backup qb was more productive 

you guys act like Juju is Calvin Johnson

4 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Dionate Johnson - 680 yards 5 tds

Juju Smith Schuster - 553 yards 3 tds

Playing with the same quarterbacks on the same team.

is Juju like the new Marqise Lee here?

3 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

I watched the Steelers plenty last year.  Juju looked average without AB drawing double coverage every play and you guys want to trade a first round pick and more for him

your 2 posts contradict themself.  you say juju was only good because AB took pressure off and now he wasn't good because he got double teamed.  so dionte johnson wasn't benefiting from teams double teaming juju?

also, the question was a 2nd rounder.  i'd absolutely do that for juju.

Just now, heymangold said:

your 2 posts contradict themself.  you say juju was only good because AB took pressure off and now he wasn't good because he got double teamed.  so dionte johnson wasn't benefiting from teams double teaming juju?

also, the question was a 2nd rounder.  i'd absolutely do that for juju.

Juju’s stats from two years ago were because Antonio Brown drew double coverage every single play

Great argument bra

You ignored the argument entirely.  A QB who can't throw downfield is what killed Smith-Schuster's year.  Your argument is based solely on stats without any regard to what led to those stats.  It's child-like reasoning and it's not even worth the time, Phil.  How the F could you disreggard the QB in evaluating the WR?  Geez Phil you are better than that, I thought.  Next topic.

• Upvote 2

AB?  He didnt have a QB last year. 

He didnt go off for almost 1500 yards and 11 catches because of AB.  No one would agree with you

LOL you just compared Johnson to Ju Ju and conveniently forgot to take that into account. Another one like this and I'm going to choose to believe you're a figment of my imagination.

Just now, Philc1 said:

And a rookie playing on the same team with the same backup qb was more productive 

you guys act like Juju is Calvin Johnson

It’s Dominos. That’s fast talent at every position on the field except RB ?. Perine can change that. Perriman would be your 4th WR! 

1 minute ago, Philc1 said:

Juju’s stats from two years ago were because Antonio Brown drew double coverage every single play

but then you say he was bad when he double teamed last year and johnson was better.  here's why:  because all the attention was on juju.  

3 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

And Antonio Brown drawing double coverage every play

Sure, that's what it was.  

In fact no one covered JuJu.  He was left alone to run free.  All those number and through 16 games no one thought to cover him.