NASCAR to reopen in May without fans

Gibby

Just now, slats said:

Good “sport,” to try out. Made for TV, and it’s not like the drivers are responding to the roar of the crowd. 

It will be interesting to see how it goes. We want football back- some want it with fans some without- of course a vaccine and being able to attend would be ideal- but I’ll take what I can get.

Hope it goes well!!! If it does we will have our answer about the season starting.

13 hours ago, Gibby said:

It will be interesting to see how it goes. We want football back- some want it with fans some without- of course a vaccine and being able to attend would be ideal- but I’ll take what I can get.

Hope it goes well!!! If it does we will have our answer about the season starting.

Will we? NASCAR they are in their cars not interacting with each other. Football you are literally face to face. Football with no fans will still be a a problem with the players union 

1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

Will we? NASCAR they are in their cars not interacting with each other. Football you are literally face to face. Football with no fans will still be a a problem with the players union 

They have pit crews too though, and those guys are running around all over.

Not to mention if you get an infraction you have to go have a talk with the officials, and trips to the medical staff after accidents. Some take out half the field. That's alot of interaction that many don't understand or see.

I'm guessing there won't be big gatherings/parties in the winners circle....

1 hour ago, BUM-KNEE said:

Not to mention if you get an infraction you have to go have a talk with the officials, and trips to the medical staff after accidents. Some take out half the field. That's alot of interaction that many don't understand or see.

More or less what I was saying- yeah I get it- not exactly the same but it is an event and the country will draw data from it and monitor the results.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BUM-KNEE said:

And your local pizza shop has guys running around too, they’re open. Get over it. There are no 90 year olds with pre existing conditions in Pitt crews.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

37 minutes ago, nico002 said:

And your local pizza shop has guys running around too, they’re open. Get over it. There are no 90 year olds with pre existing conditions in Pitt crews.

Pizza crews don’t have powerful unions and attorneys reppin them

• Upvote 1

Gotta put my two cents in here.  NASCAR, NHRA and Formula One have all evolved into media exhibitions.  The "sport" and fun have been taken out of racing...

If you really want to see racing as a true sporting event and have a super fun day out, visit a drag strip when semi-pro, sportsman and amateur street racers are running or go take in a program at a flat track.

Since there are Jets fans here from the NJ/NY area, you have the drag strip at ATCO and there is also the flat track at New Egypt.

If you enjoy cars or racing, don't piss your time away with corporate BS like NASCAR or the NHRA where the same handful of names with insane corporate budgets show off their billboards on wheels... Go see some real "rodders" or local flat track drivers lay it down...

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, nico002 said:

Many many people are working in close quarters, I’m glad they are restarting. This whole thing is absurd at this point. 

3 hours ago, nico002 said:

Go spout  this dumb shit  in the covid-19 thread in the lounge. No need for it here. 

• Post of the Week 1

30 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Go spout  this dumb sh*t  in the covid-19 thread in the lounge. No need for it here. 

It’s a covid 19 thread genius, im responding directly to the topic at hand. If you don’t like it close the thread. 

There will be no practice, no qualifying and drivers will jump into their cars for the first time since March 8 and attempt to tackle “The Track Too Tough To Tame.”

“Events are going to look different than they have in the past,” said John Bobo, NASCAR vice president of racing operations.

I have never watched NASCAR in my life, but isn't this....kinda dangerous

or is that how they're selling it?

When someone gets banned I get an email. I always login to see what happened. It never fails to entertain.

1 hour ago, nico002 said:

It’s a covid 19 thread genius, im responding directly to the topic at hand. If you don’t like it close the thread. 

54 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Hmmm, interesting approach. 

41 minutes ago, Chupa said:

How did you become a mod you hypocrite? You call me dumb sh*t so I can’t call you a genius? What a joke 

Crusher, thank you for keeping this thread clean. No pun intended. This is a tough topic but I have asked the mods to keep things on topic as much as possible. Posts like this don't help. We are seeing people post over and over again that covid-19 is a hoax and everything should be opened up immediately. To each his own, every state can do their own thing. Everyone can feel about this whatever they want.

But I live in NJ and I can name more people that have died from this in the past two weeks than I every thought I would see. Have had so many conversations with people that can't get an autopsy, can't do a funeral for their son, their mother, their sister, their father etc.

What we won't allow is people to say that this is bullshit. 60,000 people are dead and we have all been watching paint dry on our walls for 6 weeks. Everyone wants things opened up and that is happening. What won't happen is this site won't become a place where moderators get talked down to for doing an already thankless job.

Something that not a lot of people realize is one post that is off topic leads to more posts. That happened here and those were deleted. So we need everyone to stay on topic even though it is frustrating right now.

The ban that Crusher set was more than fair at 30 days. Mine would have been a lot longer.

Respect the moderators people. They aren't heavy handed. They don't intervene unless they have to. They are volunteering and they do an amazing job.

I just banned the burner account as well.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

7 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Not sure there will be a problem with the players union once they all realize there are no game checks without games. The new CBA passed because the rank-and-file players, who don't get quarterback salaries, passed it. These players need their paychecks, unlike the $10m+ per year stars. They probably want to play.

2 hours ago, Maxman said:

When someone gets banned I get an email. I always login to see what happened. It never fails to entertain.

Crusher, thank you for keeping this thread clean. No pun intended. This is a tough topic but I have asked the mods to keep things on topic as much as possible. Posts like this don't help. We are seeing people post over and over again that covid-19 is a hoax and everything should be opened up immediately. To each his own, every state can do their own thing. Everyone can feel about this whatever they want.

But I live in NJ and I can name more people that have died from this in the past two weeks than I every thought I would see. Have had so many conversations with people that can't get an autopsy, can't do a funeral for their son, their mother, their sister, their father etc.

What we won't allow is people to say that this is bullsh*t. 60,000 people are dead and we have all been watching paint dry on our walls for 6 weeks. Everyone wants things opened up and that is happening. What won't happen is this site won't become a place where moderators get talked down to for doing an already thankless job.

Something that not a lot of people realize is one post that is off topic leads to more posts. That happened here and those were deleted. So we need everyone to stay on topic even though it is frustrating right now.

The ban that Crusher set was more than fair at 30 days. Mine would have been a lot longer.

Respect the moderators people. They aren't heavy handed. They don't intervene unless they have to. They are volunteering and they do an amazing job.

I just banned the burner account as well.

Sorry for your loss and how hard this has impacted people around you. 

22 minutes ago, Gibby said:

Sorry for your loss and how hard this has impacted people around you. 

Thanks we are doing well. Feel very very fortunate. Like everyone in my circle is fine. Just hard to escape talking to someone who is impacted in a much worse way. Scary stuff, so I just don't have a lot of patience for people who are saying this is nothing. It is just the flu.

A girl I went to school with is a nurse, she has borrowed a camper and is living in it in her driveway.

I.T. people in hospitals, people who have no clinical role, many of them have been moved to support clinical areas.

These people are legit fighting a battle right now and saving lives. So I get annoyed at the its a hoax crowd. I am legit thinking about building a 5G tower on my front lawn to keep them away lol.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Same here- We’re all safe thank God-Though I now live up in Putnam County ( still work on LI) I too know far too many impacted in a bad way and both respect and  empathize with those risking their lives. Not enough can be done for these folks when this is over.

Not exactly sure what we should do for all these essential people -healthcare professionals, transit workers, postal and delivery, restaurant people providing take out, etc etc ( don’t want to forget anyone here) but all of them!!! They all deserve something special as a HUGE thank you for all they’ve done for us.