Does anyone recall him doing anything last season? Mac signed him to a 3 year - $25M contract after his one and only reliable season as a pro. We seen him go from 7 sacks to 1. Is there something I'm missing? Was his pressures up to par or did we overpay for a one year wonder who went back to JAGing after being paid? After releasing Williamson and Johnson, Anderson will be the 5th highest paid player (cap wise per year) on the team. Then add in the fact that we have lots of young affordable youngsters of favorable contracts. Think we can give the Bucs a call and send him to Todd Bowles for a swap of OJ Howard?

• Upvote 3
4 minutes ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

Does anyone recall him doing anything last season? Mac signed him to a 3 year - $25M contract after his one and only reliable season as a pro. We seen him go from 7 sacks to 1. Is there something I'm missing? Was his pressures up to par or did we overpay for a one year wonder who went back to JAGing after being paid? After releasing Williamson and Johnson, Anderson will be the 5th highest paid player (cap wise per year) on the team. Then add in the fact that we have lots of young affordable youngsters of favorable contracts. Think we can give the Bucs a call and send him to Todd Bowles for a swap of OJ Howard?

I like him as a player, but I agree with you that he is replaceable.  I wouldn't be surprised if this is his last year as a Jet.  Indy traded him to us for a 7th round pick.  I think we can get a 7th round pick for him now; nothing more.

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

this is a good point.  he was pretty silent last season.  i think he may have been injured and never fully healed.  in any case the guys like philips played very well and qwill will be coming back at full strength.  too much cap hit to be released.

If we could trade him, do it. We have younger guys that are probably better at this point and definitely a lot cheaper. Foley, Q, Shep, and Phillips are better than him. So is McLendon who is also a great locker room guy.

• Upvote 1

This Maccagnan special is going to be with us this year. He carries a cap hit of 8.333 mil, but carries 9.66 mil in dead cap if cut. We can get out of the deal for 1.33 in dead cap next year. There is no chance that anyone is going to take him off our hands. He costs only a 7th rounder to acquire him 2 year ago, and that was before this albatross extenstion.

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

He is better than that slug L. Williams ever was.

He really isn't. Better value maybe but both are stealing money from their teams.

Will be gone after this season for sure. Another disastrous Maccagnan move. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, GreenFish said:

If we could trade him, do it. We have younger guys that are probably better at this point and definitely a lot cheaper. Foley, Q, Shep, and Phillips are better than him. So is McLendon who is also a great locker room guy.

I'd rather trade Winters.

1 hour ago, rangerous said:

this is a good point.  he was pretty silent last season.  i think he may have been injured and never fully healed.  in any case the guys like philips played very well and qwill will be coming back at full strength.  too much cap hit to be released.

QW seen working out at White Castle. After his great rookie year, QW now faces the sophomore jinx. What could possibly go wrong?

39 minutes ago, TNJet said:

I'd rather trade Winters.

Him to. If it weren’t for his contract, Henry Anderson would be on the bubble to even make the team given the players on our DL. Winters is probably better relative to what we have at his respective position but he’s always fighting some nagging injury. I wouldn’t mind trading both of them. Two Darron Lee specials coming soon. 

How much did he line up at DT vs DE last season? To be honest, I didn't pay fck all attention to anyone not named Fatukasi last year. Too disgusted with our Williamses... 

I know he had all that success primarily playing DE in a 5-technique. 

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

How much did he line up at DT vs DE last season? To be honest, I didn't pay fck all attention to anyone not named Fatukasi last year. Too disgusted with our Williamses... 

I know he had all that success primarily playing DE in a 5-technique. 

He played on the edge. He struggled creating outside pressure because that’s not his game. He is better as 3-5 tech where we already have a lot of talent. He’s not worth what we’re paying him but he’s a really good rotational piece.

• Upvote 1

He's a rotational player not a starter & he had a shoulder injury. Try playing on the Dline in this league with a separated shoulder. 

Hes an overachieving hustler which means nicked up he's way below average. I don't think trading for OJ Howard is a bad idea, he's been doing a lot of public squawking & Ariens is no pussy when it comes to chewing on someone's azz. Bowles is familiar with Anderson & their defense was horrific last year. 

• Upvote 1
5 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

He really isn't. Better value maybe but both are stealing money from their teams.

Will be gone after this season for sure. Another disastrous Maccagnan move. 

Disastrous is drafting QW on the way out the door who we can honestly say didnt add much at all to the defense There is no shortage of moves made by McCaggnan you can murder him for. This isnt one of them. With GW coaching Anderson for a second year I wont be surprised if he plays well this season.

I like Anderson and think he was a good get giving up only a 7th round pick.  But as the team's talent gets significantly better, I think he'll soon outlive his usefulness. Maybe as soon as this season.

He surprised me with his lack of impact last year.  I still think he is a good player, if he does not come out next year gang busters hr will be gone.  Our dense is finally run by a guy whom you have to actually perform well for instead of just show up

It’s possible his “impact” wasn’t reflected in personal stats but let’s be real, he was a part of one the best run defenses in the league. That may not be enough for some people but it ain’t nuttin 

Pretty sure he was playing with a bad shoulder. Didn’t he have to sit 3-4 games because of it.

Sent from my iPad using JetNation.com mobile app

No team is taking Henry Anderson with his contract. He’s been a rotational dlineman/depth player his entire career outside of his contract year in 2018. 

His bad contract flew under the radar compared to guys like Trumaine Johnson.

• Upvote 1