Becton quote at combine

3 hours ago, Warfish said:

Personal Foul, Unsportsmanlike Conduct, Number 73.  Fifteen Yard Penalty.  First Down! 

"He might have given him a little late shove there"

That's the actual quote.  I don't know man, seems like ya might be reaching a smidgeon here. 

45 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

"He might have given him a little late shove there"

That's the actual quote.  I don't know man, seems like ya might be reaching a smidgeon here. 

Or, you know, attempting to have a laugh (failed, but still). :)

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, GreenReaper said:

A mammoth sized tackle who plays nasty through the whistle.  Pushes them backwards...punishes them until they go down.  This will get into the heads of defenders...who have to line up against a Beast like Becton.  Mentally...they'll be waving a white flag...as timidity and defeatism seeps in.

I'm loving this player more now...as I envision his mean nasty demeaner on that football field.

As Bart Scott said about Becton.... He is the type of player that you have to make life decisions on... This is in reference to when he went up against some nasty lineman... He talks about how much players like this get into your head because you start calculating how much is it worth it for me to take this kind of punishment. Defenders will start laying off because they don't want to take the punishment any longer and that it isn't worth it financially 

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Eventually he’s going to have to pass block though.

Bechton compared to Beachum? Beachum isn't stupid enough to see this kid drafted & think, no problem, lol. 

While Beachum could hold his own in pass blocking, he was an overall below average left tackle. Very weak in run blocking, lacked the strength to get ANY MOVEMENT in the opposite direction. He was a hold the fort guy. 

These 2 players are like NIGHT & DAY. 

On 5/1/2020 at 12:32 PM, Dcat said:

“Before all this stuff was shut down, we got to sit down in Indy and go through some film with him. One of the first plays [offensive line coach] Frank [Pollack] had on, it was a run play and he’s pushing this guy. I mean, they’re 20 yards down the field. He might have given him a little late shove there … and Frank was kind of like, ‘a pretty good finish but a little late here.’ He goes, ‘Well, he should have thought about going down.’ I was like, ‘I like this guy.’ This guy has something to him. This guy has some nastiness to him. He’s the type of guy you want to be around.”

Sounds like that play in "The Blindside " where Michael Oher blocked that guy into the stands. 

On 5/1/2020 at 12:37 PM, jetstream23 said:

We've heard a lot about culture with Joe D lately.  "Culture" can be a bit of a vague term and there are hundreds of adjectives that can be used to fit with a good culture.  But the quote above speaks specifically to competitiveness.  The guys we seem to be getting are competitors who don't stop until (and sometimes after) the whistle.  We got a little sense of this with the post-pick call to Denzel Mims by Douglas when Mims talked about the chip on his shoulder and "making teams pay."  This dude wants to exact some revenge on teams that passed on him.  Becton just wants to f*cking kill people. lol  I love the attitude we're looking for these days.

Let me see how these giys talk after they get owned. A lot of rookies say they want revenge. How did that turn out for Rosen. 

2 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Let me see how these giys talk after they get owned. A lot of rookies say they want revenge. How did that turn out for Rosen. 

Because Rosen hasnt done anything, yet, it has something to do with Becton?  Or what he said is similar?

I like the attitude.  Especially at OL 

30 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Because Rosen hasnt done anything, yet, it has something to do with Becton?  Or what he said is similar?

I like the attitude.  Especially at OL 

It has nothing to do with Becton's a ability, but just about every rookie talks like this when they drop in the draft. It's  nothing new. Hope they both live up to the bravado

On 5/1/2020 at 12:32 PM, Dcat said:

“Before all this stuff was shut down, we got to sit down in Indy and go through some film with him. One of the first plays [offensive line coach] Frank [Pollack] had on, it was a run play and he’s pushing this guy. I mean, they’re 20 yards down the field. He might have given him a little late shove there … and Frank was kind of like, ‘a pretty good finish but a little late here.’ He goes, ‘Well, he should have thought about going down.’ I was like, ‘I like this guy.’ This guy has something to him. This guy has some nastiness to him. He’s the type of guy you want to be around.”

ONLY if he can control that mean edge to him? If he starts hitting defensive players late he'll ruin the offense and hijack the teams designs on winning. I see a kid with great potential and massive size. I also see a kid that almost never got out on a toss sweep. In fact I haven't seen it once? I also see a player that played almost nothing for competition. Really the only decent team Becton faced was Clemson. All the rest were nothing special. There's a huge risk on this kids head. It isn't as simple as he's plug and play. Far from it.

21 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

It has nothing to do with Becton's a ability, but just about every rookie talks like this when they drop in the draft. It's  nothing new. Hope they both live up to the bravado

I get that but all don’t fall on their faces like Rosen has up to now and has nothing to do with how Becton play.  Like you said, many have that bravado, Mims has too I believe.  
I get what you’re saying though

Sorry guys. Can’t figure out how to post link!

please go to @nyjets twitter page for this great Becton article 

New York Jets (@nyjets) Tweeted:
The kind of content we need on a Monday: 

@BigTicket73 making virtual visits to patients at @AtlanticHealth Goryeb Children's Hospital ? https://t.co/WYrrGyXDV7 https://twitter.com/nyjets/status/1259882245072052227?s

Trending Topic ? (@BigTicket73) Tweeted:
Probably one of the greatest things I ever got to do it was great seeing their smile’s through the phone can’t wait to meet them in person.