OT: Do You Post

Maxman

I have a question, are PM's REALLY private?

Garb:

When we decided to setup this board I looked at various message board software. Not one of them allowed for anyone other than the intended parties to read PMs. The companies that make this sofware take this thing pretty seriously.

This is true for Invision which is most commonly used at other sites and phpbb which we have in place here. It might be possible in others but I didn't see it.

Which kind of stinks. Because I figured if I have to do all this crappy work for nothing I might as well get to read a PM or two along the way.

I am working on a FORWARD button for PMs. Please send me all the good stuff you get. It gets lonely here.

I have a question, are PM's REALLY private?

Garb:

When we decided to setup this board I looked at various message board software. Not one of them allowed for anyone other than the intended parties to read PMs. The companies that make this sofware take this thing pretty seriously.

This is true for Invision which is most commonly used at other sites and phpbb which we have in place here. It might be possible in others but I didn't see it.

Which kind of stinks. Because I figured if I have to do all this crappy work for nothing I might as well get to read a PM or two along the way.

I am working on a FORWARD button for PMs. Please send me all the good stuff you get. It gets lonely here.

Garb:

Max, why did you decide to go with phpbb instead of Invision, or any other board for that matter?

T-Shirts are in development, but I don't think we'll be selling them. We'll use them as prizes for now, suckas. Besides, I'm sure you get tons of grift from your agent buddies, you hot-to-trot whore-master!

yes cmon how are people supposed to set up orgies at the Motel 8 in confidence?

by the way i want a T shirt - forget about the front page we need t-shirts!! :lol:

T-Shirts are in development, but I don't think we'll be selling them. We'll use them as prizes for now, suckas. Besides, I'm sure you get tons of grift from your agent buddies, you hot-to-trot whore-master!

Oh, boy!!! Jet Nation tee-shirts :roll: What's next? Coozies????

Be original boys! Jet Nation Boxer briefs! How 'bout Flying Elvis loli-pops? Thinking caps with Corky's picture on it? Think of the posibilities!

Max, why did you decide to go with phpbb instead of Invision, or any other board for that matter?

Open Source. We have the code and can make whatever changes we need\want to. Plus I think it will be more stable then other solutions. If I had to go for the trifecta, the hope was that it would be faster as well.

It is more work though, you get an unfinished product and have to totally customize it.

Our hope is that the finished product is worth it.

You walked right into that one.

Panzer, before you start SIDING with THAT guy (who is awesome, btw) allow me to present THIS:

If it makes you feel any better I'm moving in with my girlfriend (who is a model) and I expect to stop having sex only 6 times a week now and get back up to normal speed.~ Richard Seymour, Pats fan, Red Sox fan

I have had the pleasure of meeting a lot of you guys/gals over the years....I will never forget my 1st encounter at a home game. I was waiting for the players (my man 68) before the game one day and in pulls Kevin. My knees shakin, I was SPEECHLESS..YEAH me not able to say a word IMAGINE THAT!! I handed him the yearbook and tryed to ask him to sign it. As I am doing this he asks ME if I was BRENJETSFAN...I said DO YOU POST? He said yea tell POPE I have a few words for him. At that time I did not now POPE personally, but had no idea that we was not saying nice things about Kev's performance. I was shocked that he asked me that, I could hardly walk away....anyway JUST wanted to share that story with everyone.....so be carefull what U post!

FEEL THE POWER :P

I have had the pleasure of meeting a lot of you guys/gals over the years....I will never forget my 1st encounter at a home game. I was waiting for the players (my man 68) before the game one day and in pulls Kevin. My knees shakin, I was SPEECHLESS..YEAH me not able to say a word IMAGINE THAT!! I handed him the yearbook and tryed to ask him to sign it. As I am doing this he asks ME if I was BRENJETSFAN...I said DO YOU POST? He said yea tell POPE I have a few words for him. At that time I did not now POPE personally, but had no idea that we was not saying nice things about Kev's performance. I was shocked that he asked me that, I could hardly walk away....anyway JUST wanted to share that story with everyone.....so be carefull what U post!

FEEL THE POWER :P

You know, everytime I have sent Mawae ane email he has always responded! The guy is all true class with the fans. I will always remember how nice he was to us.

Bren can't wait to have drinks in the city..I am so psyched!

LL

Archived