Bryce Huff discusses his decision to sign with the Jets

Good listen, starts around 30:25... this kid is a stud and was Gregg doing his recruiting, again...

Former @MemphisFB linebacker and the newest member of the @nyjets, @Bryce55H joins the show. In this episode, Bryce discusses his decision to sign with the Jets and much more. Episode 5 is now available on Apple, Spotify, and our website.

https://linktr.ee/losfreyspodcast

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Dcat said:

One reason he chose Jets is because "they had a plan in place for him to make an impact".

We really underplay how significant it is having Greg Williams here.  

Which is why it's absurd to automatically bash the Quincy Wilson trade.

If it doesn't pan out so be it, but if GW thinks he can do something with the guy, he's earned the chance to try . . .

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

14 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

This guy liked him as well.  Joe D did extremely well finding value in the draft and the UDFA.

He sees Huff as potentially another Khailil Mack, who he thought would get drafted in the 2nd round?  

• Upvote 1

GW got his guy.  Gave Huff a plan on how he was going to be used.  I get the impression CS had serious input in acquiring these players...especially for UDFAs.

Many have said Huff could've gone somewhere in mid-late rounds.  Another speedy versatile player.  Good chance he makes the team as situational pass rusher and on STs.  

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

He sees Huff as potentially another Khailil Mack, who he thought would get drafted in the 2nd round?  

That's what he wrote.  His profiles usually has some good sleepers but the main reason I like his profiles more than others is he's usually more critical.  Huff is obviously one of the those sleepers.  FTR...he's also very high on Lawrence Cager.  We can hope.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

This is the kind of guy that will become a fan favorite like a Victor Green.  He looks like a man amongst boys out there and he willl show up on every defensive play.  If Williams already has a plan for him to be successful that is awesome and amazing coaching.  If you are telling me we got a guy that compares to Khalil Mack as an undrafted free agent....Genius!

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

Looks like they moved him all around the line. Came in from multiple angles 

There was one where I'm asking where is 55? and there he comes bursting thru LOS from the inside.  Highlight reels are fun, but with this one  I think this guy should have been drafted.  Between him and Zuniga, I see a lot of 4-3 looks coming our way.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Jetscode1 said:

That's what he wrote.  His profiles usually has some good sleepers but the main reason I like his profiles more than others is he's usually more critical.  Huff is obviously one of the those sleepers.  FTR...he's also very high on Lawrence Cager.  We can hope.

I know some people on this forum are pretty tough on our players but I want to say - for the record - that if Huff becomes the next Khalil Mack, I'd honestly be okay with it.

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, Dcat said:

There was one where I'm asking where is 55? and there he comes bursting thru LOS from the inside.  Highlight reels are fun, but with this one  I think this guy should have been drafted.  Between him and Zuniga, I see a lot of 4-3 looks coming our way.  

Having Mosley and the new Ravens LB in theMiddle of the field with Adams in support allows GW to dial up some interesting pressure schemes. I really believe teams are  going to have a tough time running on us this season. If QW steps up his game along with Shepherd and Fatusaki and McClendon continues to seal the middle of the line, we’re looking good! Bring the pressure up the middle and off the edge

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

7 hours ago, johnnysd said:

Bryce Number 2 aka Huff I think has a real chance to not only make this team but make a contribution. GW apparently told him exactly how he will be used.

I am calling this beast our steal of the draft! 

Keep bringing hungry players with "chip on their shoulders".  Those that withhold vendettas and are likely to stay loyal to their parent teams.  

Him and Jamal are going to have some fun.  Toys, toys and more toys for Mr. Williams. 

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Jetscode1 said:

STRENGTHS
Bryce is your sleeper pass rusher in this draft and his play reminds me a lot of Bears Khalil Mack. He is strong and has excellent explosion to the play. His quickness off the ball and explosiveness is unique, to the few true pass rushers at the next level

comedy central GIF by The Jim Jefferies Show

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I've seen him listed at 6'3" some places and 6'1" other places.

Do we really know how tall he is?  Weight seems consistently reported in the 253-255 range.

712946425_ScreenShot2020-05-02at1_51_07PM.png.c7ec6761f2d09355991ce49ffc9f7ca0.png

https://www.rotoworld.com/article/rankings/thors-best-available-udfa

40 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I've seen him listed at 6'3" some places and 6'1" other places.

Do we really know how tall he is?  Weight seems consistently reported in the 253-255 range.

712946425_ScreenShot2020-05-02at1_51_07PM.png.c7ec6761f2d09355991ce49ffc9f7ca0.png

https://www.rotoworld.com/article/rankings/thors-best-available-udfa

In nfl.com he is listed at 6’3 and 255

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/bryce-huff?id=32194855-4609-0844-68b1-6617441eaa57

He is also graded high, especially compared to other EDGE rushers that were drafted, he could definitively be the steal of the draft

https://www.nfl.com/draft/tracker/prospects/EDGE?college=allColleges&page=1&status=ALL&year=2020

i like GW...  but we shouldn't get all latherded up in the offseason cos he was able to make an omelette with some broken eggs..

its nice, sure, but we got curb stomped by the only good O we face in the 2nd laf of the season....   absolutely embarassed....

26 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

i like GW...  but we shouldn't get all latherded up in the offseason cos he was able to make an omelette with some broken eggs..

its nice, sure, but we got curb stomped by the only good O we face in the 2nd laf of the season....   absolutely embarassed....

I don’t think anybody is getting “lathered up”.  I don’t see the problem complimenting GW with the job he did last year.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1