Jets Have Some Interest in Dalton

Per Cimini

The Jets have some level of interest in former Bengals QB Andy Dalton, a source said. At this point, it has been characterized as due diligence. They could be looking to solidify the position, as their only experienced backup is David Fales (zero... es.pn/2Ss66LN

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

Per Cimini

The Jets have some level of interest in former Bengals QB Andy Dalton, a source said. At this point, it has been characterized as due diligence. They could be looking to solidify the position, as their only experienced backup is David Fales (zero... es.pn/2Ss66LN

Hope we can get him, but I doubt it. Dalton will have better options than what the Jets are offering.

• Upvote 3

If the Jets get Dalton then it appears to me that they seriously think they can make a playoff run this season. The new O Line would be my only concern - not that there’s not talent there but they need to gel together and that could take some time. 

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Daddy Wang Doodle said:

The Darnold doubters would love this move

And exactly why I don't want it.

After Sams first pic this year certain people would be screaming for Dalton, and trolling the board with thousands of posts (from like 3 people).  The Adams mania is bad enough 

• Upvote 4

The Jets have some level of interest in former Bengals QB Andy Dalton, a source said. At this point, it has been characterized as due diligence. They could be looking to solidify the position, as their only experienced backup is David Fales (zero starts). They added James Morgan, a fourth-round pick, in the draft. Dalton, 32, would be a good get for the Jets, who learned a lesson last year about QB depth. Finding a legit QB2 behind Sam Darnold is imperative. (With Bengals reporter Ben Baby)

i?img=%2Fi%2Fcolumnists%2Ffull%2Fcimini_rich.png&w=80&h=80&scale=crop
Rich Cimini, ESPN Staff Writer26m ago
  • Upvote 1

I like the move, veteran presence in the QB room is a must. 
We can’t have a repeat of last year at back up. 
Darnold can learn a lot from him, and yes would much rather have Dalton on the Jets than go to the Pats... Dalton always chops up the Jets.. 

At a reasonable price, I’m buying! 

• Upvote 2

In theory it’s nice, because if Sam misses 2-3 games for the 3rd year in a row, Dalton could give us a chance to win. If we had dalton backing up Darnold last year we’re probably a 9/10 win team. However, not sure this works in NY with this team. I think I’d still rather Moore. The second Sam struggles this fan base will wrongfully be calling for dalton. 

• Upvote 2

Catering to the overreaction of a small subset of Jets fans is not the way to build a team. Sign this man to be Darnold’s backup. QB room check, RB room check, TE room check, OL Let us pray it comes together. WR room is missing one piece.

For the right price of course. We also need to solidify edge and WR. But so many dollars to go around. 

• Upvote 3

Maybe JD thinks BB has serious interest in Dalton?  Wants to block Belichick...while at the same time...seriously upgrading the QB position for this year.  Who knows.

Morgan is probably going to be just holding a clipboard for now.  And can't be seriously counted on to be a viable backup until next year. 

Just speculating here.

• Upvote 1

I think Dalton would prefer a team that doesn’t have an entrenched starter.  Also, as much as I would love an insurance policy behind Darnold as talented as Dalton I also would worry about some fans after Darnold throws his first pick and hearing calls for Dalton. 
Interested  to see how this plays out. It’s most likely just due diligence on JDs part but let’s see what happens

47 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

8ubGFLt.gif?noredirect

I will admit I had never seen this before so I just went and watched.  Lol is all I can say.  Then I went down a 20 minutes rabbit hole about the history of the meme itself.  This is my life these days 

• Haha 1

You guys know what this means right? 
Joe Douglas EXPECTS Adam Gase & this Jet team to COMPETE for the AFC East title THIS YEAR! 
We have a tough schedule but so do the teams in our division! #1- WIN DIVISION GAMES! 
They added another playoff team. 
Thus division is COMPLETELY up in the air without Brady. 9-7 or maybe 8-8 could win this division if you take care of teams in your division. 
Maybe fans think NEXT YEAR, but GMs & Coaches don’t when you believe you have your QB in place. Sam gets nicked, you CANNOT raise the white flag like last year!

• Upvote 2