Good Article on Bryce Hall

28 minutes ago, Marshmello said:

His study habits are what put him over the top as a college player,” Virginia defensive coordinator and secondary coach Nick Howell said. “He just learned so fast and studied opponents so well, he just knew what was going on out there on the field."

The way Hall prepared — not only for each game but for playing his position — became legendary around the Virginia football program.

Not to get everyone all excited but I haven’t heard of a corner studying that hard for each game/his position since Darr-... lol yeah just jokes

• Upvote 1

Hall's collegiate production was off the charts until he got hurt.  A smart dedicated football player.  Solid leader type for the locker room.  Hall said he's healed and will be ready to play.  

Picks like Bryce Hall-Ashtyn Davis are steals.  Zuniga is a gem too.  

I said it 3-4 days ago.  Picks like the above...made in those mid-late parts of a draft...is how you create a "Legion Of Boom".  

Can't wait...to see Hall...and these others...in the green & white...on that football field. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

11 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Not to get everyone all excited but I haven’t heard of a corner studying that hard for each game/his position since Darr-... lol yeah just jokes

Based on Cimini report of Wilson’s lax practice habits, if they are true, hopefully Hall’s film study work rubs off on Wilson and Austin. 

11 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

Anyone know if I can order his jersey yet? I feel like sleeping ? in it. Make all the bad Jet dreams go  away.

Dick's Sporting goods has a Jets' Draft jersey special in the works as we speak.  For a limited time only, you will be able to order any Jets 2020 draft pick jersey and you'll get one FREE bonus pair of "Boner" pants.  One for each rookie jersey ordered.  Hurry.  You don't want to be left hanging.

• Haha 4

12 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

I know it’s ridiculous to make the comparison but even physically he resembles R***s.....he runs and plays remarkably similar in style, always looking back at the ball, mirrors and re-routes receivers like you-know-who....I was reluctant to say it too then this. 
if he just becomes an upper level starter in the NFL he’s an outrageous steal.

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, redlichtie said:

I know it’s ridiculous to make the comparison but even physically he resembles R***s.....he runs and plays remarkably similar in style, always looking back at the ball, mirrors and re-routes receivers like you-know-who....I was reluctant to say it too then this. 
if he just becomes an upper level starter in the NFL he’s an outrageous steal.

I don’t think his game is anything like Revis. Hall  by all accounts was primarily a zone corner at UVA.

On 5/3/2020 at 9:09 AM, Dcat said:

Dick's Sporting goods has a Jets' Draft jersey special in the works as we speak.  For a limited time only, you will be able to order any Jets 2020 draft pick jersey and you'll get one FREE bonus pair of "Boner" pants.  One for each rookie jersey ordered.  Hurry.  You don't want to be left hanging.

You had me at Boner pants but my wife won't let me have another pair. I keep ruining them. 

• Haha 1

On 5/3/2020 at 10:17 AM, JetFan20 said:

I don’t think his game is anything like Revis. Hall  by all accounts was primarily a zone corner at UVA.

Right or wrong There have been associations to Revis for Hall for some time now.  Again, I live 20 min from UVA so I hear it all about those players. Especially when they are actually good. hall is a stud muffin.   I agree it's not the same style, but hall has the ability to completely shut players down in a similar regard to Revis. He plays what he's asked to play of course, but he can lock down almost anyone when needed.  This injury is not one to be concerned about in the grand scheme. It was broken bone and he's expected to make a complete recovery. 

If this was any other year where the team's medical staffs could evaluate guys he would have gone much earlier than the 5th. He was a 2nd rd pick all day(maybe even 1st if replicated 2018) and even with the injury his slide wouldn't have made it past the 3rd.  

he is a bonerfied steal in the 5th and I could not be happier to land him. When we passed on him with pick 79 I thought the idea of him becoming a Jet was gone. I couldn't believe it was real when I saw his name In the 5th. 

4 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

Right or wrong There have been associations to Revis for Hall for some time now.  Again, I live 20 min from UVA so I hear it all about those players. Especially when they are actually good. hall is a stud muffin.   I agree it's not the same style, but hall has the ability to completely shut players down in a similar regard to Revis. He plays what he's asked to play of course, but he can lock down almost anyone when needed.  This injury is not one to be concerned about in the grand scheme. It was broken bone and he's expected to make a complete recovery. 

If this was any other year where the team's medical staffs could evaluate guys he would have gone much earlier than the 5th. He was a 2nd rd pick all day(maybe even 1st if replicated 2018) and even with the injury his slide wouldn't have made it past the 3rd.  

he is a bonerfied steal in the 5th and I could not be happier to land him. When we passed on him with pick 79 I thought the idea of him becoming a Jet was gone. I couldn't believe it was real when I saw his name In the 5th. 

Love your work Bean but that injury was a fracture dislocation Meaning ripped up ligaments and tendons and not just a bone that had to heal. Not saying he can’t come back from that but it’s more complex than just a fracture. And I’m sure that gave Teams pause Without getting solid medical rechecks

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, David Harris said:

Love your work Bean but that injury was a fracture dislocation Meaning ripped up ligaments and tendons and not just a bone that had to heal. Not saying he can’t come back from that but it’s more complex than just a fracture. And I’m sure that gave Teams pause Without getting solid medical rechecks

Interesting.  I haven't checked on the specifics of the injury since closer to when it happened. It was said it was a broken ankle.  So Im just checked even though I was fairly confident in my being correct . lol 

So you're right.  Still everything I've read said he should come back 100%, but it was more than I remembered. 

“I broke my fibula, and tore my deltoid ligament," says Hall, "so basically, I dislocated my ankle, and I broke those bones, and tore that ligament.”

I'm still psyched we have him and am not worried about the injury. Like we both said, if this were a year where teams could have looked at him it would not have taken till the 5th rd to get him.  Also just found this nugget. I'm glad he added that last part cuz he would have been mightily disappointed otherwise.  haha

Hall says, “I want to go somewhere where they compete for championships, but also the organization and the system is good. I’d be able to thrive in those systems. But at the same time, it’d be cool if I went somewhere and we just build it up, like we did here at UVA.”

If I had anything to do with it, I would sign Greg Williams to a long term contract and give Adam Gase and his GM 5 years to build this team . The Jets might just be best served having an offensive minded HC and a defensive coordinator like Greg Williams being the HC of the defense

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1

On 5/5/2020 at 12:52 AM, GREENBEAN said:

You had me at Boner pants but my wife won't let me have another pair. I keep ruining them. 

On 5/5/2020 at 1:00 AM, GREENBEAN said:

he is a bonerfied steal in the 5th and I could not be happier to land him. 

Bonerfied.  Was this intentional??

• Haha 1

On 5/4/2020 at 6:34 PM, slimjasi said:

Very excited about this guy. 

To me, Becton, Mims, and Hall are the three guys that need to hit for us from this draft. 

Agreed those are 3 positions of absolute need. 
Therefore I would add Clark and Zuniga to that list

On 5/5/2020 at 7:05 AM, Tinstar said:

If I had anything to do with it, I would sign Greg Williams to a long term contract and give Adam Gase and his GM 5 years to build this team . The Jets might just be best served having an offensive minded HC and a defensive coordinator like Greg Williams being the HC of the defense

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

What would be worse? Having a long term staff of guys who know and trust each other invariably, warts and all or changing staffs again next year when we don't make the playoffs like Manish is demanding? 

I really think what you brought up is the way to go.  Just commit to the team. Lock Gregg Williams up for 5 more years and leave the entire staff intact and lets see what they can do as a unit who's been together for more than 20 minutes. stick the whole mess of them on the same ship. Darnold included and just ride or die.  If in 2025 we suck, we change the whole lot of em. Bring the whole group over to the Belmont tavern. Eat some Chicken Savoy and ask the waiter for separate checks and walk out. 

This is barring Joe Douglas if he remains competent. 

It would be nice if the Jets could convince Darrell Revis to come to Camp for one week to impart wisdom and tips to the CBs. A sponge like Hall would really benefit from it.

Baseball does this sort of thing with regularity, even imparting the job title of "roving instructor" on some. But Football coaches are such proprietary beasts that they insulate their players form past greats because they are afraid it will be off-message.