Jump to content

Recommended Posts

19 minutes ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

 

Wentz was playing at an MVP level before he got hurt the year the Eagles won. He can be much better than Dak.

Sure for 1 season wentz played better.  Another reason dak is better is because he’s stayed healthy.  

 

22 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

 

I would have thrown for 2,850 behind that OLine, faking handoffs to Ezekiel Elliott and chucking it towards Amari Cooper or Michael Gallup.

Why are we hating on a guy who’s team built if for him?  We here always talk about how much better Sam would be if we give him more weapons and an o-line.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cowboys have a very nice backup QB. 
 

Something not to be overlooked. Dalton won a lot of games with the Bengals. He’s struggled in getting them over the hump in the post season, but Dallas is loaded on offense. Dalton will tear it up with that offense if he gets in. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The NFL needs to do something about the salary cap. It shouldn’t be a death sentence to your team’s chances of winning just because you sign a slightly above average quarterback to a second contract. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Serious question, how did the Patriots not sign him?

 

  • Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, David Harris said:

This could get interesting.

I don't see Dak as being that much better than Andy Dalton.

Does Dak run to sign now?  

Good Dalton is not going to NE.

  • Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wondering how this plays in the locker room. Guess we will find out what the players think of Dak.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Melly-Mel said:

Good for Dalton.  Hes a good kid, hope he gets a chance.  He would do very well on that offense

How do you know hes a good kid?    Do you know him personally?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the uncertain World we live in with C19 no ones paying Dak $35 Mill per.

How much of his production is that monster Oline, the best Back in the NFL and the receiving options he’s got?

Dalton will look great running that O for a fraction of the price.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Jet hustle said:

How do you know hes a good kid?    Do you know him personally?

Perhaps he doesn’t have a record of trying to carry a gun on a plane, tell a cop he’s going to nut in his wife’s eye. Drive the wrong way down the Lincoln Tunnel. Rub one out in a parking lot, you know the usual Bone head stuff we get round here..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, JetsFanatic said:

Per Schefter

Former Bengals’ QB Andy Dalton is signing a one-year deal worth up to $7 million that includes $3 million guaranteed with the Dallas Cowboys, source tells ESPN. 

Dalton is returning to Texas.

How much to Mac give Josh McCown the 2nd time around again?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, JetsFanatic said:

Per Schefter

Former Bengals’ QB Andy Dalton is signing a one-year deal worth up to $7 million that includes $3 million guaranteed with the Dallas Cowboys, source tells ESPN. 

Dalton is returning to Texas.

Who is left for Belichick this year?  Maybe NE is indeed writing off this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Jetstimeisnow said:

He has an insane line, a great back, great receivers, plays in great weather against a horrid division. And there are no other QBs in the division 

For all these reasons, Dak should have taken whatever Jones' best offer was.  He is in the perfect situation and will never have this opportunity again.  Dak is an idiot for not taking whatever Jones guaranteed, even if it was a bit under whatever the biggest contract was at the time.  I think Dak threw away a lot of money.  But I guess he and his agent know more than me...  so good luck to him.

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would have liked him to make the 1st Redhead QB duo but pleased as pink Dalton didn't end up with Belichick. Pats are out of options now & it looks like they believe Stidham is the guy. Gregg Williams...RELEASE THE HOUNDS!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Would have liked him to make the 1st Redhead QB duo but pleased as pink Dalton didn't end up with Belichick. Pats are out of options now & it looks like they believe Stidham is the guy. Gregg Williams...RELEASE THE HOUNDS! 
 

Hoping Brady fails in TB with that All-Star receiving group. In the same regard hoping to see Belli fail with Stidman. More pressure on Brady however. Hoping Carolina and NO absolutely crush TB in the division. Then the sharp knives come out

27 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i really can't understand people thinking that dalton is better then dak.  i get it, it's the cowboys. i also get it, he should have taken the contract offered to him. dak threw for almost 5k last year, 30 tds to 11 ints, 65% completion percentage and a 99.7 QBR.  He also ran for 277 and 3 tds.  That's a really, really good season.  If sam did that next year we'd all be creaming our pants!

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, heymangold said:

i really can't understand people thinking that dalton is better then dak.  i get it, it's the cowboys. i also get it, he should have taken the contract offered to him. dak threw for almost 5k last year, 30 tds to 11 ints, 65% completion percentage and a 99.7 QBR.  He also ran for 277 and 3 tds.  That's a really, really good season.  If sam did that next year we'd all be creaming our pants!

He’s in the best situation of any QB in football. No one is saying he’s bad. 

Last time Dalton had a great situation in Cincy he had 25 TDs to 7 INTs, 67% completion, 8.4 YPA and 106.3 QBR. Not ridiculous to think he could do similar with Cooper, Zeke and that OL.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, heymangold said:

i really can't understand people thinking that dalton is better then dak.  i get it, it's the cowboys. i also get it, he should have taken the contract offered to him. dak threw for almost 5k last year, 30 tds to 11 ints, 65% completion percentage and a 99.7 QBR.  He also ran for 277 and 3 tds.  That's a really, really good season.  If sam did that next year we'd all be creaming our pants!

Just for S & Gs imagine Dak Prescott behind the Oline we started with last year. OK? Do you have that mental image? 

Now refigure his numbers. Oh, and the Jets BEAT the Cowboys, Giants & Redskins with Sam playing. So Dak is also taking advantage of a sh*tty division. Even the Eagles aren't what they were a few short years ago.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Maxman said:

Serious question, how did the Patriots not sign him?

 

I looked at the free agent list and it’s Flacco, Newton, Geno Smith and then garbage.   If they don’t bring in Flacco for a year they really might be tanking 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

He’s in the best situation of any QB in football. No one is saying he’s bad. 

Last time Dalton had a great situation in Cincy he had 25 TDs to 7 INTs, 67% completion, 8.4 YPA and 106.3 QBR. Not ridiculous to think he could do similar with Cooper, Zeke and that OL.

that was 5 years ago....

5 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Just for S & Gs imagine Dak Prescott behind the Oline we started with last year. OK? Do you have that mental image? 

Now refigure his numbers. Oh, and the Jets BEAT the Cowboys, Giants & Redskins with Sam playing. So Dak is also taking advantage of a sh*tty division. Even the Eagles aren't what they were a few short years ago.

to both these - i also don't understand how we're devaluing his performance based on the team around him.  all we say on this board is how good sam would be if he was given an o-line and weapons.  so now that it's dak and the cowboys and he's on a team that was built around him to help him succeed, he's just lucky to be there?

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Larz said:

I looked at the free agent list and it’s Flacco, Newton, Geno Smith and then garbage.   If they don’t bring in Flacco for a year they really might be tanking 

You have Geno Smith ahead of garbage?  Pfail.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Anthony Jet said:

How much to Mac give Josh McCown the 2nd time around again?

I believe it was $10M

  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, heymangold said:

that was 5 years ago....

Which was the last time he had a good team.

It’s not like he’s been exceptionally bad since either. 64-31 TD to INT in the three following seasons. On mediocre teams

Last year he was on a team actively trying to lose and was still serviceable - In as bad a spot as Sam if not worse. If anything Dalton’s career is a perfect illustration of the difference a QB’s situation makes.

He’s 31. It’s not like he’s physically declined. Could easily have another 3-4 good years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, heymangold said:

i really can't understand people thinking that dalton is better then dak.  i get it, it's the cowboys. i also get it, he should have taken the contract offered to him. dak threw for almost 5k last year, 30 tds to 11 ints, 65% completion percentage and a 99.7 QBR.  He also ran for 277 and 3 tds.  That's a really, really good season.  If sam did that next year we'd all be creaming our pants!

He also went 8-8 last season, including 3-5 down the stretch in a division where two of the teams were non-competitive and the third one was barely competitive. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, heymangold said:

that was 5 years ago....

to both these - i also don't understand how we're devaluing his performance based on the team around him.  all we say on this board is how good sam would be if he was given an o-line and weapons.  so now that it's dak and the cowboys and he's on a team that was built around him to help him succeed, he's just lucky to be there?

A lot of guys here have a hard time giving credit to other team's QB's. Especially the younger ones. I think they're afraid that if they do, it will be a knock on our guy. The only one they give credit is Mahomes and they even qualify that by saying Darnold would be just as good in that offense.

According to them, every QB in the league under 30 pales in comparison to our redhead.

  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, PS17 said:

The NFL needs to do something about the salary cap. It shouldn’t be a death sentence to your team’s chances of winning just because you sign a slightly above average quarterback to a second contract. 

Create a Max Contract like the NBA.

It would kinda be like a penalty for being a good QB - but it will solve this problem.  When you have a good QB you know what you’ll have to pay him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

He also went 8-8 last season, including 3-5 down the stretch in a division where two of the teams were non-competitive and the third one was barely competitive. 

4 of those 5 losses were to eventual playoff teams and all but 1 were by a TD or less.  their defense really let them down last year,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Hard to say how good Goff is. When the team was better the credit was given to Gurley. When Gurley was injured and the OL played on par with the 2019 Jets, as they did last year, he looked like half the QB he was. Even with that, his 2 non-Cooks WRs were catching passes at 65 and 70% and Higbee at 78%. That doesn’t happen if the passes aren’t right there and catchable. We’ll see what their new RB does at this level b/c their line still sucks and $40MM of their cap charges this year are for Gurley and Cooks to play elsewhere. That’s going to hurt far more than whatever $ they paid too much for Goff. 

I think the Goff and Dak situation is analogous because of these reasons and should perhaps serve as a cautionary tale for teams signing young QBs to Russell Wilson money. Goff, by every statistical measure, was a middling-to-lower half QB this year, and much of that is attributable to the downturn of Gurley, which also impacted the OL. Teams get stuck handing out massive contracts to QBs and have to cut corners everywhere else, and that expensive QB suffers for it. The Seahawks just cut their offensive line this year and replaced them with Brandon Shell. I’ve said forever that the league should allow you to exempt one QB salary from counting against the cap, because it’s a drag watching teams have the promising young superstar QB get killed behind a pack of bargain-bin interior OL because they can’t afford to hold on to talent. Jerry can sign Dak, but then he’s got a, maybe, two year window before he has to take an axe to every other position group to accommodate that salary...and only then do you get to see how talented Dak really is. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I could not care less about the situation in Dallas.

The New England angle of this story is just fantastic, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, heymangold said:

4 of those 5 losses were to eventual playoff teams and all but 1 were by a TD or less.  their defense really let them down last year,

I mean, you’re paying him $35 mil to beat playoff teams. In the Cowboys eight losses, the defense gave up an average of 23 points and, overall, finished 10th in points allowed.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...