Who should be the Jets backup QB in 2020?

Who should be the Jets backup QB in 2020?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be the Jets backup QB in 2020?

• Matt Moore
    • Blake Bortles
    • Joe Flacco
    • Mike Glennon
    • Cam Newton
    • James Morgan

Morgan is pulling ahead and for good reason.   He's got a nice arm and if he can learn to not throw off his back foot so much he's got real possibilities.  I say sink or swim with our in house guys, Darnold and Morgan.  I don't want to spend the cap.   

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

I truly believe it will be Matt Moore backing up/mentoring Darnold...However, I believe Cam is the best available free agent quarterback, but he will have better options and I DoNT WaNt ThE DaRnoLd DoUbTeRs pOsTiNg CaM sHouLd bE tHe StaRtEr aFtEr Darnold has1 BaD GaMe.

If Sam still needs a Mentor going into his third year.....

• Thumb Down 1

23 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

I hope Morgan can win the job, though it is likely to be Fales in the early part of the season at least.

I suspect the depth chart is going to read Fales.  I also suspect that if Sam comes limping off the field it'll be Morgan who goes in.  

There’s a reason why Morgan was drafted in the 4th. He’s not ready to be the number 2 going into the season anymore then the other QBs on the team. Sign a better backup and let Morgan sit at 3 till he proves he can play. 

Newsflash guys, not every player the Jets drafted are amazing and ready to be starters or 2nd string. Only a couple will play on a regular basis and some not at all. 

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Other than win you know, single handedly win a SB

Even Bobby Bonilla was once motivated to leg out a double in the playoffs.  You have got to achieve something before you can get paid to go through the motions.

1 hour ago, pdxgreen said:

Even Bobby Bonilla was once motivated to leg out a double in the playoffs.  You have got to achieve something before you can get paid to go through the motions.

He carried that team to a SB and was pretty good outside of that for a while.  The Bonilla analogy doesnt work, give the man his due.   On top of that he was paid after wining the SB, he achieved the highest level before getting paid, not the other way around.  have no idea how to look at it otherwise

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

He carried that team to a SB and was pretty good outside of that for a while.  The Bonilla analogy doesnt work, give the man his due. 

I gave the man his due.  He earned his pay day.   That was the whole point of me pointing it out.  Nobody gives somebody a huge contract unless they earn if with their prior performance.  Esp. in the NFL.

Hopefully James Morgan will be the long term back up to Darnold.

However considering he his a 4th round rookie QB, if healthy, I would bring in Flacco for 1 season as the #2 QB, keep Morgan on the active roster at #3 for 2020.  Hopefully in the 2021 season and for the foreseeable future Morgan will become the #2 backup. 

• Upvote 1

On 5/3/2020 at 10:50 AM, playtowinthegame said:

I truly believe it will be Matt Moore backing up/mentoring Darnold...However, I believe Cam is the best available free agent quarterback, but he will have better options and I DoNT WaNt ThE DaRnoLd DoUbTeRs pOsTiNg CaM sHouLd bE tHe StaRtEr aFtEr Darnold has1 BaD GaMe.

Moore would be a solid choice. Fales fails just with his name. He should change it to succeed.

• Upvote 1