Becton’s potential after NFL weight training

OK so there’s been obviously a lot of talk about how strong Becton is, with many videos showing him manhandle other players. There’s also been talk about his weight and concerns about it. However when he was at his heaviest, 389 pounds, he had only 20% body fat! That is ridiculous! Muscle weighs more than fat. So… Just imagine what he will be like after one season of NFL weight training. He’s already destroying opposing players, but after one season of being in an NFL weight room, with NFL trainers… This kid is going to be a beast! He’s already so strong that it compensates for his lack of some technique.  He is going to get much MUCH STRONGER!

• Upvote 1

He played at about 350-355 last year I believe, and he said that's what he expects to play at this year.  HOWEVER, when he ran that 5.1 in the 40 he was actually heavier....something like 365.  It's scary but if he had actually trained for speed and got under 350 he might have actually been faster.

Sky is the limit for this guy.  He's about to get professional coaching.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

He played at about 350-355 last year I believe, and he said that's what he expects to play at this year.  HOWEVER, when he ran that 5.1 in the 40 he was actually heavier....something like 365.  It's scary but if he had actually trained for speed and got under 350 he might have actually been faster.

Sky is the limit for this guy.  He's about to get professional coaching.

He trained with Michael Johnson this offseason. Becton said Johnson helped him with his running form and credited him with his good 40 time.

He’s actually has good trainers around him. Johnson for combine stuff and Manyweather for OL stuff.

• Upvote 2

When asked what weight he expected to play at he replied, 350-355.   There are videos and pics of him working out daily.  This kid looks hungry, no pun intended.   I think he really wants to be great.   

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, TNJet said:

Agreed. Lets pray he's not lazy. If so he'll just get fatter and slower. And become a bust.

Let's pray he doesn't get hurt. That would be the biggest hurdle because you have to stay idle and heal/rehab. And that kind of weight and size on his joints/knees could be a problem. I think thats the biggest risk. 

From everything I have read and heard about him it sounds like he's not at all the 'lazy' type. And coming into the combine he dropped weight and killed it. He trained with famed trainer Duke Manyweather. That should tell you that he's not lazy and takes every opportunity to get better, amongst other praise I've read from coaches and scouts.  

• Upvote 1

I think it was @RobR posted a video of Becton working out the day after the draft.

This guy is NOT fat.  He's just a monster.

The time between the combine and the draft is when the big boys usually pig out.

I don't think I've ever seen a 363# man in this kind of shape.  Scary

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1