Ira from Staten Island isn’t going to any Jets games

2 hours ago, slats said:

Isn't Ira in his 70's with diabetes and respiratory issues? 

This.

I did hear him with Mike this morning and the call was the furthest thing from political.

I think all of us ( including yours truly) with a pre-existing condition will not go back to any sort of public gathering ( sports or otherwise) until we’ve received assurance that a drug can/will keep us safe.

But read between the lines for a second. Ira is a guy who hasn’t missed a live Jets game since 2005 ( yes he said it)

now he’s obviously has the financial wherewithal to do this and good for him. You think some healthy guy who’s owes a few months of back rent, back taxes, you name it will have the financial ability to go watch a sporting event? Not for a while.

Sports are in for a lot of hurt folks.

• Upvote 3

21 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

now he’s obviously has the financial wherewithal to do this and good for him. You think some healthy guy who’s owes a few months of back rent, back taxes, you name it will have the financial ability to go watch a sporting event? Not for a while.

Sports are in for a lot of hurt folks.

I imagine that will turn out to be a rather difficult conversation with more than a few wives. 

Football on TV isn’t so bad. I just got a new cable package from Optimum (for about the same price) which features most of the sports channels like NFLN I was missing. But there are no games to watch. At least no new games. What they do offer are older games and I don’t know the final scores. So in a way it’s like watching a new game except it was 2 years ago. I know still not the same thing but glass half full. 

2 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

He put himself at more risk going to a Jets game in the Oakland Coliseum than he would spending a week in Wuhan!

:P

Quite true. I attended 3-4 Jets games from 2000-2002. A huge portion of Oakland fans are literally outta-control predator animals, including a number of current/former gangbangers. Barely made it out alive twice through no fault of my own other than wearing a Jets jersey. Last time I went I wore Jets gear underneath a shirt initially as I wanted to enjoy the game rather than fend for my life. 

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, JetsLife said:

Quite true. I attended 3-4 Jets games from 2000-2002. A huge portion of Oakland fans are literally outta-control predator animals, including a number of current/former gangbangers. Barely made it out alive twice through no fault of my own other than wearing a Jets jersey. Last time I went I wore Jets gear underneath a shirt initially as I wanted to enjoy the game rather than fend for my life. 

Ha!  I did a similar thing.  Wore a black nondescript shirt and a green hat without a Jets logo to a game in Oakland in October 2009.  It was the game where the Jets shutout the Raiders, Leon Washington broke his leg and Sanchez got caught by the camera eating a hotdog on the sideline.  A truly epic game...and I took some heat from the locals!

IMG_3898.thumb.jpg.694306fc8b8fc98ccba758bb3cc9a706.jpg

664063782_IMG_3931(1).thumb.jpg.f74fee25e25819f32605f1d23bbd979e.jpg

2012259392_IMG_3885(1).thumb.jpg.0ded709a6187d0bcf7d8cad300132f69.jpg

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

7 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Ha!  I did a similar thing.  Wore a black nondescript shirt and a green hat without a Jets logo to a game in Oakland in October 2009.  It was the game where the Jets shutout the Raiders, Leon Washington broke his leg and Sanchez got caught by the camera eating a hotdog on the sideline.  A truly epic game...and I took some heat from the locals!

IMG_3898.thumb.jpg.694306fc8b8fc98ccba758bb3cc9a706.jpg

664063782_IMG_3931(1).thumb.jpg.f74fee25e25819f32605f1d23bbd979e.jpg

2012259392_IMG_3885(1).thumb.jpg.0ded709a6187d0bcf7d8cad300132f69.jpg

Nice! Was Jamarcus Russel the QB I believe Revis made a ridiculous interception in that game 

41 minutes ago, JetsLife said:

When the Raiders moved to Vegas... all those jokes about Raider fans having to "break parole" pretty much wrote themselves.

6 hours ago, Mike135 said:

Just make smoking legal everywhere again.  In the stadiums, at the seats too.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/scientists-must-discover-why-so-few-coronavirus-patients-are-smokers

Secondhand smoke will save you!

Damn. I quit my 1-5 cig per day roll-your-own tobacco habit after 40 years April 1st. Now I need to start again? 

8 hours ago, Dandie Andie Doodle said:

I think it’s proven out that people are incapable of discussing the virus without divisive pissing matches over the control of information and political bias. 

Its a shame. 

Yeah because we live in a our way or the highway world now. 

I am in favor of starting to re-open the country. It just has to be smart. Tattoo parlors in Georgia is not smart. Golf Courses, Beaches, Open areas where people can distance themselves easily should be fine. Outdoor dining where you can distance is fine. 

Unfotunatley we have a lot of dopes out there that believe it is their right to pretty much do as they want. There are people in NC protesting that they can’t go to Church. Really ? Cmon man go watch a stream or something.

Just be smart. Rant over

8 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

I'm sure the NFL is re-thinking its entire plan after hearing from Ira in Staten Island.

I'm only being partially facetious here.  Governor Cuomo reported that something like 13.9% of New Yorkers tested positive for COVID antibodies.  This puts the mortality rate at around 0.75% right now for those who have gotten sick.  Let's hope data continues to confirm that the disease was MUCH more prevalent than originally believed because it will mean that it's much less lethal.

If any of you have been following the news, you may have notice that my country has been in the eye of the storm in South America. I can say with almost certainty that the US will will continue to see the curve of the rate of infection going up, and with that the increase of the fatality rate. Wishing to be wron because I have family in the US, but everything that the US is doing to "control" the disease screams problems. 

10 hours ago, Dandie Andie Doodle said:

I think it’s proven out that people are incapable of discussing the virus without divisive pissing matches over the control of information and political bias. 

Its a shame. 

Why is that divisive?

1 hour ago, shawn306 said:

Yeah because we live in a our way or the highway world now. 

I am in favor of starting to re-open the country. It just has to be smart. Tattoo parlors in Georgia is not smart. Golf Courses, Beaches, Open areas where people can distance themselves easily should be fine. Outdoor dining where you can distance is fine. 

Unfotunatley we have a lot of dopes out there that believe it is their right to pretty much do as they want. There are people in NC protesting that they can’t go to Church. Really ? Cmon man go watch a stream or something.

Just be smart. Rant over

I’m not talking about any of this here. It’s a football site. These convos go off the rails, and only serve to make people dig their heels in more. Rather than opening up to perspectives. It’s pointless.

13 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

Until there is a vaccine. NFL should take note 

I don't think fans will be at the games in 2020.

That being said, isn't Ira in the Jets fan hall of fame? Hall of famers gotta be there. Just saying.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

Vaccines have risks too, they could be more likely to do damage to you than actual virus.

You can do whatever you want, I'll take my chances without getting one. 

You have never taken a Statistics course because this statement is so far from wrong. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

On 5/3/2020 at 12:44 PM, Rhg1084 said:

You guys talk crap about Ira however he’s a fan who goes to every game home or away including preseason. He’s a true fan 

I have never met him but from what I can see there is no debate about it. Dude is a total die-hard fan.

My post earlier about him not going was obviously a joke. If he said that he's not going into those vaccine, I cannot argue with that logic at all.