Jets uniforms will look so much better in 2020

With this draft class in them! I still can’t get over this draft & UDFAs Joe was able to lure to NY. 
Let’s face it, has there ever been a more boring team than the NY Jets since 2010? 
I use to feel sorry for the fans that I knew who trudged to the stadium to experience 3 & outs. 
I like Robby A as a 3rd WR, not our #1! 
So we replace the stick figure with a bad azz like Mims, and still have a tall fast player at #2 with Perriman, Crowder returns, Doctson slides into the #4 spot, Herndon returns with Griffin backing him up and BIG TICKET, opening up holes for Lev Bell & finally a youthful backup RB in Perine, behind a completely rebuilt Oline. 
We’ll FINALLY have a chance to experience offensive football without retreads & back up QBs, Arena league Olinemen, and TEs like Kellen Winslow JR or Jace Amaro. 
These new uniforms will get a lot more air time on NFL Redzone. Honestly, I don’t think anyone outside of NY or the AFC East even knew we had new Uniforms. 
Will be hard not to notice if they’re always celebrating another TD in the Endzone. JD increased the talent & toughness level of this team in one offseason. 
It’s been 10 years but the Jets are back to being relevant again & will be looking good to boot. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 2

I don't mind the helmets, but the jerseys are awful. They really do look like a college team's jerseys. The Johnsons were so desperate to get "New York" written on the front that they ruined the look.

They should have just updated the classic look with a more modern green, similar to the color rush.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 4

10 minutes ago, ElBarrioJets said:

Lol you picked the perfect thread title for people to not read what you wrote and just complain about the unis.

And open the door for some to try and convince most that their option is right, everyone else is wrong, what they like is best.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

41 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Literally the only f*cking good thing about this f*cking franchise and they f*ck it up. 

I've been a Jet fan for forever & have lived in many places & not once has ANY OTHER FAN of the NFL I know said, man, I love the Jets uniforms, NOT ONE! Rams? Yup, Raiders? Yup, Vikings? Yup. 

Its only the nostalgia of one moment in time with Namath raising his finger in victory that the NY Jet uniform is recognized, that was a long damn time ago! By the way, the clothing that was sold with that logo SUCKED! 

You would have the stupid logo just popped in all over the place. Not that the new stuff is much better but it's way better than the 80s crap. The entire point of my post was who effing cares as long as we see those beautiful metallic Green Helmets bobbing up & down in the endzone after another Darnold to Mims TD. They say JETS on the helmet, everyone will know the JETS scored again! 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 3
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, Jetster said:

I've been a Jet fan for forever & have lived in many places & not once has ANY OTHER FAN of the NFL I know said, man, I love the Jets uniforms, NOT ONE! Rams? Yup, Raiders? Yup, Vikings? Yup. 

Its only the nostalgia of one moment in time with Namath raising his finger in victory that the NY Jet uniform is recognized, that was a long damn time ago! By the way, the clothing that was sold with that logo SUCKED! 

You would have the stupid logo just popped in all over the place. Not that the new stuff is much better but it's way better than the 80s crap. The entire point of my post was who effing cares as long as we see those beautiful metallic Green Helmets bobbing up & down in the endzone after another Darnold to Mims TD. They say JETS on the helmet, everyone will know the JETS scored again! 

Almost like these things are subjective.

Old Uni's had a classic throwback feel to them - Traditional design with a basic colour scheme. Less is more with uniforms. The new ones look tacky as hell. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, Jetster said:

The sleeves look like a 3rd grader designed them, the helmets are more boring logo wise than the 80s helmet, and the fcking black just doesn't belong.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

On 5/4/2020 at 8:20 AM, SteveMiller said:

I don't mind the helmets, but the jerseys are awful. They really do look like a college team's jerseys. The Johnsons were so desperate to get "New York" written on the front that they ruined the look.

They should have just updated the classic look with a more modern green, similar to the color rush.

LOL that Johnson was "so desperate to get New York written on the front" and that it ruined the look.  I dont see the issue and dont think twice about it.  

I'd like to know where its said that you can't do this on a football uni when every other sport has its city on every uniform in their leagues.

You either like them or you dont, that's fine, its everyones right, but the rules people use as excuses are interesting.  

• Thumb Down 1

The uniforms are boring and black is the least imaginative accent color they could've possibly added. I do hope the team is more exciting and creative than their dull unis, but it's not going to make those unis look any better. Flying Elvis won a lot of titles and still looks stupid. 

• Upvote 3

20 hours ago, Jetster said:

With this draft class in them! I still can’t get over this draft & UDFAs Joe was able to lure to NY. 
Let’s face it, has there ever been a more boring team than the NY Jets since 2010? 
I use to feel sorry for the fans that I knew who trudged to the stadium to experience 3 & outs. 
I like Robby A as a 3rd WR, not our #1! 
So we replace the stick figure with a bad azz like Mims, and still have a tall fast player at #2 with Perriman, Crowder returns, Doctson slides into the #4 spot, Herndon returns with Griffin backing him up and BIG TICKET, opening up holes for Lev Bell & finally a youthful backup RB in Perine, behind a completely rebuilt Oline. 
We’ll FINALLY have a chance to experience offensive football without retreads & back up QBs, Arena league Olinemen, and TEs like Kellen Winslow JR or Jace Amaro. 
These new uniforms will get a lot more air time on NFL Redzone. Honestly, I don’t think anyone outside of NY or the AFC East even knew we had new Uniforms. 
Will be hard not to notice if they’re always celebrating another TD in the Endzone. JD increased the talent & toughness level of this team in one offseason. 
It’s been 10 years but the Jets are back to being relevant again & will be looking good to boot. 

I think Vegas has us at 6.5 wins...

• Thumb Down 1

12 minutes ago, fullblast said:

I just can't get over the pointy shoulder stripes, they look so bad. Looking forward to our inevitable 2024 uniform revision.

This I will agree with, I do not like the pointy shoulder stripes at all. But, if I have to put up with them watching them in the Super Bowl, then so be it. 

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Jetster said:

Everybody in New England HATED the Flying Elvis uniforms until they started winning. Just win baby!

Can't see how they preferred a smiling patriot bent the fck over to what they have now. Much more sleek. But they suck too.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

usa_today_13509129.0.jpg

The real white-over-green looks better.  What are we debating?  Shoulder stripes?

SAR I

Yes the stripes look like little league. I think its because our old sleeves to me where to most unique in football.

• Upvote 2