Jets uniforms will look so much better in 2020

I love the new uni’s ...don’t care much for the tears of all the doddery old farts around here that thought our hideously old fashioned multi-patched, non-matching mess of a so-called classic uniform has gone...we finally look like a modern NFL team rather than the useless bunch of fat-arsed, heavy legged losers that those uniforms are synonymous with (other than some utter fluke of a win by the single most overrated player in all of American sports all the way back when they had only just landed on the moon)

move on people ffs

rant over

PS thanks OP...I partially agree....uniforms look great anyway but yes am excited about some of the new players who’ll be wearing them 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Jetster said:

I've been a Jet fan for forever & have lived in many places & not once has ANY OTHER FAN of the NFL I know said, man, I love the Jets uniforms, NOT ONE! Rams? Yup, Raiders? Yup, Vikings? Yup. 

Its only the nostalgia of one moment in time with Namath raising his finger in victory that the NY Jet uniform is recognized, that was a long damn time ago! By the way, the clothing that was sold with that logo SUCKED! 

You would have the stupid logo just popped in all over the place. Not that the new stuff is much better but it's way better than the 80s crap. The entire point of my post was who effing cares as long as we see those beautiful metallic Green Helmets bobbing up & down in the endzone after another Darnold to Mims TD. They say JETS on the helmet, everyone will know the JETS scored again! 

I bet you nobody will praise the Rams anymore.  Talk about royally F'ing up your look!

• Sympathy 1

10 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I bet you nobody will praise the Rams anymore.  Talk about royally F'ing up your look!

Nike is the WORST! My god! They introduced our uniforms with such fanfare I laughed out loud when I saw them! Not because I HATED them but because ANYONE HERE COULD HAVE DESIGNED THEM! 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

46 minutes ago, redlichtie said:

I love the new uni’s ...don’t care much for the tears of all the doddery old farts around here that thought our hideously old fashioned multi-patched, non-matching mess of a so-called classic uniform has gone...we finally look like a modern NFL team rather than the useless bunch of fat-arsed, heavy legged losers that those uniforms are synonymous with (other than some utter fluke of a win by the single most overrated player in all of American sports all the way back when they had only just landed on the moon)

move on people ffs

rant over

PS thanks OP...I partially agree....uniforms look great anyway but yes am excited about some of the new players who’ll be wearing them 

Your taste ******* sucks. In many things, I'm going to go ahead and assume. You probably think Iron Man 3 is better than Citizen Kane because "Muh old people"

You sound like a ****in ignoramus

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

1 hour ago, redlichtie said:

move on people ffs

rant over

You don’t have to be old to be disgusted with the uniforms. All you need is a pair of eyes with 20/20 vision or better. 

6 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

I can't believe how much time you pansies spend talking about clothes.

As the winner of the JN Worst Jets Hat Depicted In An Avatar contest, it makes perfect sense that you feel that way.

SAR I

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

I can't believe how much time you pansies spend talking about clothes.

Better if Hugo Boss designed them. All the NFL must have a mandate not to go to radical, or to much variation from the NFL un-imaginative doss we see.

• Upvote 1

On 5/3/2020 at 2:27 PM, Jetster said:

With this draft class in them! I still can’t get over this draft & UDFAs Joe was able to lure to NY. 
Let’s face it, has there ever been a more boring team than the NY Jets since 2010? 
I use to feel sorry for the fans that I knew who trudged to the stadium to experience 3 & outs. 
I like Robby A as a 3rd WR, not our #1! 
So we replace the stick figure with a bad azz like Mims, and still have a tall fast player at #2 with Perriman, Crowder returns, Doctson slides into the #4 spot, Herndon returns with Griffin backing him up and BIG TICKET, opening up holes for Lev Bell & finally a youthful backup RB in Perine, behind a completely rebuilt Oline. 
We’ll FINALLY have a chance to experience offensive football without retreads & back up QBs, Arena league Olinemen, and TEs like Kellen Winslow JR or Jace Amaro. 
These new uniforms will get a lot more air time on NFL Redzone. Honestly, I don’t think anyone outside of NY or the AFC East even knew we had new Uniforms. 
Will be hard not to notice if they’re always celebrating another TD in the Endzone. JD increased the talent & toughness level of this team in one offseason. 
It’s been 10 years but the Jets are back to being relevant again & will be looking good to boot. 

Right now the Jets are about an 8-8 or 7-9 team. In other words, speaking from a Win/Loss standpoint the Jets are no better than last season.

1 hour ago, NYJ1 said:

Right now the Jets are about an 8-8 or 7-9 team. In other words, speaking from a Win/Loss standpoint the Jets are no better than last season.

I just don't believe that. They have 3 trips to the West Coast & 2 of them are winnable, Chargers (Herbert?), and Rams (Rams have huge turnover due to the cap trouble). Seattle? OK, let's call it a loss. 

They get the 49ers at home, a very good team, but a West Coast team heading East & they succeed by running & we are one of the best run stopping teams + we have good safeties & LBs to check Kittle. We actually match up really well on defense. 

So they lose an NFC matchup? No big deal. I just have a good feeling about Sam healthy in his 3rd year, same offense finally, revamped Oline, Herndon back, addition of Mims, Perriman & Doctson. I think Sams arm will throw these guys open & with Crowder the sum of all the parts will succeed. 

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, TNJet said:

All they needed to do was add this shade of green to the 2018 unis. Beautiful.

But it’s only this shade of green when the sun is beaming on it. Take the light away and it’s a very dull green. 

9 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Your taste ******* sucks. In many things, I'm going to go ahead and assume. You probably think Iron Man 3 is better than Citizen Kane because "Muh old people"

You sound like a ****in ignoramus

I love classic movies but I thought Citizen Kane sucked.  

1 hour ago, The Gun Of Bavaria said:

The new unis are love hate for me. Mostly hate but I don't get to worked up EXCEPT for the helmets. I HATE THE HELMET LOGO.

Hate with a capital H. They suck so bad. The old 80s Jet logo with that color green would have been sharp. 

C71325-D2-D56-D-480-D-95-B2-B3-CF0-F09-D

Huh?  It’s our original logo without an oval.  It’s fine.

SAR I

38 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Why?

Never liked Orson Welles and for me the actors are just as important if not more so than the plot/story.  Same reason I don't like Brando.   These so called "great actors" usually leave me cold; add James Dean the that list as well.  :)   

OK. flame away....

15 hours ago, Grandy said:

Our uniforms will look good as soon as we win in them. 

However our old unis were better by far. We should've gone 80s if anything.

I hated the 80s uniforms, especially the Kelly Green stuff. Does anyone look good in that color besides Redheads & Irishman? 

When I shop for shirts, I'm always looking for something in a Kelly green but mysteriously just can't find it. It's like Venison, if it so damn good with all these deer running around why can't I find it in the deer meat aisle at Publix?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Jetster said:

I hated the 80s uniforms, especially the Kelly Green stuff. Does anyone look good in that color besides Redheads & Irishman? 

When I shop for shirts, I'm always looking for something in a Kelly green but mysteriously just can't find it. It's like Venison, if it so damn good with all these deer running around why can't I find it in the deer meat aisle at Publix?

In the earlier 80s the green looked darker, as time went on they lightened them.  I liked the darker green but I do love the new green.  I actually like our new uniforms other than the unnecessary addition of black.  Bring back white facemask, bring back 80s logo on the helmet, get rid of "New York" on front and the unis would be almost perfect.

On 5/4/2020 at 6:59 AM, Jetster said:

Everybody in New England HATED the Flying Elvis uniforms until they started winning. Just win baby!

Yep, same thing with Denver before they won, Seattle before they won.  If you win fans will love them, let's hope we start winning this year.

• Upvote 1

I wish they went to the 80s helmet logo on the new helmet, but I'm fine with the uniforms. 

I could have done without the all black unis but get why they did it. I just wish they kept them for prime time regular season games only. 

The Jets should look like the Jets the vast majority of games. i.e. wear green

2 hours ago, Jetster said:

I hated the 80s uniforms,

Same here, but only because we sucked for a decade while wearing them.  And while they started out charmingly nostalgic, the last 10 years in the classic uniforms were just as bad as that 80's decade, so I grew tired of watching the losing in those as well.

Fresh quarterback, fresh GM, fresh head coach, fresh young roster, it requires fresh new uniforms.  I wanted white helmets but I'm good with the green.

SAR I

1 hour ago, y2k8 said:

The Jets should look like the Jets the vast majority of games. i.e. wear green

31-E27-E46-2028-4-A72-ABE0-F4-DDA9-A0641

I agree.  In fact, I like our all-greens the best of the new bunch.  With the old uniforms I never liked it; the benefits of the green helmets I suppose.

SAR I

20 minutes ago, SAR I said:

31-E27-E46-2028-4-A72-ABE0-F4-DDA9-A0641

I agree.  In fact, I like our all-greens the best of the new bunch.  With the old uniforms I never liked it; the benefits of the green helmets I suppose.

SAR I

Agreed. That’s the best look right here in this photo. Still Gang Green. 
Its funny what u said about the classics. Those bitches looked great when Mawae was at Center & Parcells had that Oline in sync like a machine! I use to love watching Mawae lead that group up to the LOS & they would set in perfect synchronicity down, then up B4 the snap. It was a thing of beauty. 

19 hours ago, themeangreenkillingmachine said:

You don’t have to be old to be disgusted with the uniforms. All you need is a pair of eyes with 20/20 vision or better. 

I disagree. They look disgusting with ANY vision at all. Doesn't have to be 20/20 to see how bad they are!

Could have been designed by a kindergarten class. On second thought, a kindergarten class would have done a much better job.

• Upvote 1