Jets uniforms will look so much better in 2020

6 hours ago, viffer said:

Agree about the old uniforms, but that is no excuse to spend 5 years coming up with worse uniforms...

stripes.jpg

They're green and white, they are unmistakably the Jets, and it's really no big deal.  In the end, we went with green helmets and fewer stripes.  It's a hybrid of the 80's look at the 00's look.  I don't love them but I like them very much. 

As for the design, it's not easy for Nike to be creative when you're named after a piece of transportation equipment.  And that nod to aerodynamics or flight that was there in our 80s logo is still there, it just moved to the jersey and pants stripes.  That airplane wing or airplane wedge has returned all over the team's design language after 22 years.

SAR I

4 hours ago, nyjunc said:

In the earlier 80s the green looked darker, as time went on they lightened them.  I liked the darker green but I do love the new green.  I actually like our new uniforms other than the unnecessary addition of black.  Bring back white facemask, bring back 80s logo on the helmet, get rid of "New York" on front and the unis would be almost perfect.

Agreed, but those are a lot of tweaks. The "New York" across the chest was done I'm sure by some Madison Ave agency, which probably doesnt get the fanbase. 

38 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Agreed, but those are a lot of tweaks. The "New York" across the chest was done I'm sure by some Madison Ave agency, which probably doesnt get the fanbase. 

Even without the tweaks(and they will tweak through the years) I still like them.

On 5/3/2020 at 4:16 PM, TNJet said:

These unis suck compared to our classics, End of discussion.

I disagree. I think it was time for a change. The classic Jets unis are awesome but losing makes you resent them. I like the new look especially the black ones.

• Upvote 3
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1

12 minutes ago, Ex-Rex said:

I disagree. I think it was time for a change. The classic Jets unis are awesome but losing makes you resent them. I like the new look especially the black ones.

I don't associate losing with the only unis we've won a title with. I associate the 98 season, 09-10, CMart, Chrebet, Vinny, Revis, Abe, Namath those guys with it. 

• 3 weeks later...
These mockups were excellent
DZtijEDWkAEZOtx?format=jpg%26name=large&key=fa564a6c6bc77cdda4879f2fde54f21e1681a6fd675ad367ba41584eb08da4fd
Wow those look great, with the new helmet rule after next season maybe we can see this as an alt helmet and some throwback uni combos?
I like mine.
IMG_6094.JPG.4f9097182e004c49f827e9d3f1c3b4fe.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
I know my jerseys and that is a customized official elite jersey! That is a thing of beauty my friend, how does the fit compare to the Nike game jerseys?
stripes.jpg&key=e52861473955a244cb61159204a75b34e1fcee5f21f6ef4877de57eca764fbfd
They're green and white, they are unmistakably the Jets, and it's really no big deal.  In the end, we went with green helmets and fewer stripes.  It's a hybrid of the 80's look at the 00's look.  I don't love them but I like them very much. 
As for the design, it's not easy for Nike to be creative when you're named after a piece of transportation equipment.  And that nod to aerodynamics or flight that was there in our 80s logo is still there, it just moved to the jersey and pants stripes.  That airplane wing or airplane wedge has returned all over the team's design language after 22 years.
SAR I
I like how you spotted this, I do like the new jersey designs I enjoy the Gotham Green and love the helmet. Yes our old jerseys had a lot of history but we will create more history with these ones !
  • Upvote 2

On 5/5/2020 at 1:23 AM, SAR I said:

C71325-D2-D56-D-480-D-95-B2-B3-CF0-F09-D

Huh?  It’s our original logo without an oval.  It’s fine.

SAR I

It's so strange.  In general, I don't like our new uniforms but there are some angles where I think they look okay.  This is one of them.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

It's so strange.  In general, I don't like our new uniforms but there are some angles where I think they look okay.  This is one of them.

Agreed.  That's why I carefully choose photos that have the really good angles :)

SAR I

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Tezza said:

I like how you spotted this, I do like the new jersey designs I enjoy the Gotham Green and love the helmet. Yes our old jerseys had a lot of history but we will create more history with these ones !

Untitled.jpg

I posted this in another thread, our new airplane wedge symbol is a direct copy of 2/3 of the 80's logo.  Cut, paste, rotate a few degrees, it's the same triangle.

The new wedge looks like a stealth fighter (no vertical stabilizer) where the old wedge looked like a Concorde which was cutting-edge at the time.  Or the new wedge looks like a speedy vapor trail.  Or perhaps a wing.  Either way, I think it's a simple/good way to illustrate "fast flight" on an NFL uniform. 

And if you think about it, our uniforms were basic-NFL design parallel stripes and never conveyed anything "Jets" or "flight" or "speed" about them except for that wedge helmet logo in the 80's.  So I think that's why its important and why it inspired the new Nike design.  All our past uniforms were just different version of "stripes".  Our new uniform is about "flight".

SAR I

True fact:  Our new uniforms look 67.2% better in the opponent's end zone than at mid-field.  

And the contrast when they are on top of the opposing QBs uniform provides a 94.1% boost to likeability. 

It's really all situational.

• Haha 2

The fact that that anyone gets as heated about the jerseys as some in this thread do is a hilarious.

Hot Take: All of our jerseys have sucked

I'll still rock any one of them.

The current clip art logo is an abomination.

The wordmark Jets logo starting in '78 was my favorite.

At the end of the day It's really just the best of a bad situation. 

To the inevitable incoming ****'* :

"Your mother wears army boots"

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Lurker89 said:

The fact that that anyone gets as heated about the jerseys as some in this thread do is a hilarious.

Hot Take: All of our jerseys have sucked

I'll still rock any one of them.

The current clip art logo is an abomination.

The wordmark Jets logo starting in '78 was my favorite.

At the end of the day It's really just the best of a bad situation. 

To the inevitable incoming ****'* :

"Your mother wears army boots"

samlev.jpg

We good.

SAR I

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Had to wait to get 25% huh big spender?

Pfft.  I scoff at coupons.  For peasants.

Discounts or no discounts, I draw the line at $10,000 for a Swarovski crystal helmet.  $7,499 is far more palatable.

SAR I

8 hours ago, docdhc said:

I’m old too and I agree the new unis can’t hold a candle to the old ones

Exactly the point lol    

I'm getting long in the tooth myself these days. :) 

I prefer the old ones too, but the new one's are nowhere near the atrocity people make it out to be. My 12 year old son and his Jets fan friend love them. I'm fairly certain they were more in mind than us. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

Exactly the point lol    

I'm getting long in the tooth myself these days. :) 

I prefer the old ones too, but the new one's are nowhere near the atrocity people make it out to be. My 12 year old son and his Jets fan friend love them. I'm fairly certain they were more in mind than us. 

Well I was 11 when I fell in love with the old ones during the super bowl so I guess that makes sense. 

• Upvote 1