Jump to content
Scoop24

Jets have engaged In trade talks about Marcus Maye

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, UnknownJetFan said:

I know he was injured, but a straight up trade of Maye for AJ Green?. Kinda would like a WR younger and not damaged goods, Heck Dallas wants a safety so bad why not trade us Cooper for Maye and like a 3rd rounder next year. That seems somewhat fair.

I don’t want anything to do with Cooper and his contract.

If they would give us Gallup for Maye and a mid-round pick next year, then I’d probably pull the trigger if I was Douglas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

But a player like maye who is an upper tier FS

LOL what???

  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

LOL what???

I’m I missing something here?- Maye was a terrible pick, and a zero impact Free Safety who’s 27 already and injury-prone.

I was screaming for Dalvin Cook, Joe Douglas seems to know what he’s doing. I’m happy to say goodbye for decent pick or player.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, maybe Manish is stirring up the hornet’s nest again for click bait. 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

I’m I missing something here?- Maye was a terrible pick, and a zero impact Free Safety who’s 27 already and injury-prone.

I was screaming for Dalvin Cook, Joe Douglas seems to know what he’s doing. I’m happy to say goodbye for decent pick or player.

 

Maye might not be a superstar, but this is a god awful take.  Maye is a good player. He was the 17th best safety in the NFL according to PFF last year (Adams was 5th). 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Earlier today, we heard that the Jets had previously discussed potential trades for safety Marcus Maye. However, Mike Florio of ProFootballTalk.com is disputing those reports. Multiple sources tell PFT that the Jets have never shopped the 27-year-old, with one source describing it as “beyond take news.”
 

 

manish was wrong shocker

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We’ve never really seen the best of maye. He had his best season last year and could really break out at any time i think. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the Jets were going to trade him you’d think they would do it at the draft.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, GREENBEAN said:


While it doesn’t seem like something that is outside of possibility, having Adams, Maye and Davis on the field at the same time seems like something desirable. Especially when you add that money isn’t an issue for the Jets currently.

If we can keep those three out there along with Williamson and Mosely, we really do have the makings of a scary defense. Add Q’s development up front and this could be a fun year.
I wouldn’t seek to break that up if I didn’t have to.


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I'll never understand wanting to trade the few good players on the Jets.

Yet if some Jets fans had their way, Mosely, Adams, Williamson and Maye would be gone. 

*shakes head*

  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GREENBEAN said:


While it doesn’t seem like something that is outside of possibility, having Adams, Maye and Davis on the field at the same time seems like something desirable. Especially when you add that money isn’t an issue for the Jets currently.

If we can keep those three out there along with Williamson and Mosely, we really do have the makings of a scary defense. Add Q’s development up front and this could be a fun year.
I wouldn’t seek to break that up if I didn’t have to.


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I like Maye, but what happens when he asks for a huge contract next year?  Does Adams deserve it more, or Maye. Anyone watching the game can answer that question. 
 

Adams is a game changer. Maye is slightly above JAG status. If we let JA go, it’s going to be a huge mistake. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 14 in Green said:

I'll never understand wanting to trade the few good players on the Jets.

Yet if some Jets fans had their way, Mosely, Adams, Williamson and Maye would be gone. 

*shakes head*

It's an interesting foray into the Jets fan psyche.  We have a thing where we want to pay guys like Clowney exorbitant amounts of money for his whopping 3 Sacks but would like to trade everyone we've grown ourselves. There was more Robbie dissenters than I thought there'd be this offseason. An UDFA who came into his own for us. 

In truth, I'd like to see us get to the point where some of the better teams are with establishing a talent pipeline and allowing players to walk when they want their big payday, but we would still aim to keep the key players we have. I can understand a lot of it, but I generally disagree. Then again, I'm pretty much a homer.  A critical one, but a homer none the less.  hell, one of my favorite 
RB's was a guy named Pat Chaffey. His career was ruined on a dirty play in a preseason game against the Giants, but he was never going to light the world on fire. Essentially two steps from complete jag, But I loved him none the less. 

Kyle Clifton or Lonnie Young anyone?  lol   Mike Brim perhaps?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Prez33 said:

I like Maye, but what happens when he asks for a huge contract next year?  Does Adams deserve it more, or Maye. Anyone watching the game can answer that question. 
 

Adams is a game changer. Maye is slightly above JAG status. If we let JA go, it’s going to be a huge mistake. 

I get it but Maye was the 17th best safety in the league last year. And that was during the $hit storm that was the cornerbackless 2019 Jets.  Maybe he's not top shelf, but he's a good ball player. I'd prefer to keep him along with Adams and Davis and see those three on the field together with Hall and Desir. Let's see what a talented backfield looks like and make the decision afterward. If he leaves we get the potential comp pick. 

That's where our focus should be. Keeping the talented guys you can while you can and letting more walk than you sign in FA. We can get there rather soon if JD's draft picks work out. 

Just to say it, I've been all in on Retaining Adams throughout the offseason. I'm not 100% against trading him if the offer was robust enough, but I'm in favor of keeping him around long term. Maye will not be nearly as expensive as JA. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Didn’t teams come looking to trade for Maye a few times before? I seem to remember so. IMO, he’s underrated by fans.

Agreed. 100%

I can think of a few other players this may be happening with as well. ;-) 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Scoop24 said:

 

Dude this article is clearly him trying to call gase an idiot. His agenda is clear. I'm no gase flag bearer but my God Mehta has a hard on for the guy. It's pathologic. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
As much as I like Davis as a draft pick, this team does not have the talent to trade away a proven, reliable starter before a 3rd round draft pick has even set foot in Florham Park.
 

I think base on track record and salary cap implications I would trust Greg Williams and the GM


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Didn’t teams come looking to trade for Maye a few times before? I seem to remember so. IMO, he’s underrated by fans.

Maye is a stud, hopefully this is a leak to help with extension negotiations 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is a scenario where you extend Maye for a reasonable deal and pair him with Davis in the backend and use Adams to acquire more talent at Edge, CB, WR or draft capital. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, jamaicanjetfan said:

 

Maye might not be a superstar, but this is a god awful take.  Maye is a good player. He was the 17th best safety in the NFL according to PFF last year (Adams was 5th). 

Really, since PFF are so accurate. Please list his most memorable plays?

Maye makes very little impact, he’s had four interceptions in 3 years. Which is a terrible return for a Centerfielder.

If Douglas wants him out I’m all in. Please inform me why you think Maye is so valuable, and worth signing to a long term contract?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, LionelRichie said:

Maye is a stud, hopefully this is a leak to help with extension negotiations 

I've had dance all night in my head steadily for 2 days.  Coming across your name while humming it is a weird feeling. Anyway... I love your work and am honored that you are still coming here to chart with us about the Jets. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

Really, since PFF are so accurate. Please list his most memorable plays?

Maye makes very little impact, he’s had four interceptions in 3 years. Which is a terrible return for a Centerfielder.

If Douglas wants him out I’m all in. Please inform me why you think Maye is so valuable, and worth signing to a long term contract?

I feel the same way. Honestly, I only remember him breaking up underthrown passes where I was thinking, thank god that pass was underthrown so Maye could catch up. I'll easily accept a 3rd in next years draft or a WR, or Edge Rusher. He's another overrated Jet Jag, an average player that has never stood out. With the drafting of Davis he slides into the 3rd safety role that can probably be played by 1 of our draft picks or UDFAs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It would make sense.  

1. Maye's level of play the past two years has not been ideal.

2. Jets drafted a FS

3. Jets have lots of other needs.  WR, CB and Edge rusher all stand out as biggest needs...

BUT...

Look where the story is coming from. Not exactly a trusted source... 

In trade for Maye, I'd see value in an average NFL CB or WR... You wont get a great player for him, but you could get a marginal starter at CB or WR in trade.   Perhaps a 2021 draft pick ??? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

It's an interesting foray into the Jets fan psyche.  We have a thing where we want to pay guys like Clowney exorbitant amounts of money for his whopping 3 Sacks but would like to trade everyone we've grown ourselves. There was more Robbie dissenters than I thought there'd be this offseason. An UDFA who came into his own for us. 

In truth, I'd like to see us get to the point where some of the better teams are with establishing a talent pipeline and allowing players to walk when they want their big payday, but we would still aim to keep the key players we have. I can understand a lot of it, but I generally disagree. Then again, I'm pretty much a homer.  A critical one, but a homer none the less.  hell, one of my favorite 
RB's was a guy named Pat Chaffey. His career was ruined on a dirty play in a preseason game against the Giants, but he was never going to light the world on fire. Essentially two steps from complete jag, But I loved him none the less. 

Kyle Clifton or Lonnie Young anyone?  lol   Mike Brim perhaps?  

I would take Kyle Clifton over any LB the Jets ever had...

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, section314 said:

For all you Dead Heads here, this line from The Music Never Stopped would capture any Maye trade........".no one noticed but the band all packed and gone, was it ever here at all?" 😎

"You plant ice, you gonna harvest wind "

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just like they’re not shopping Williamson.  They will see what they can get for these guys in training camp, depending on what injuries they have and how desperate other teams become.  Regardless of manish’s article, the jets didn’t draft Davis to extend maye.  They’re remaking the secondary to have more speed and coverage skills and maye really is a jag, not fleet enough in coverage and probably is asked to play too much centerfield b/c Adams is always near the LOS.  Truth, maye will be better off on another team without Adams so he can be more physical, assuming he can stay healthy.  Probably his last year as a jet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Jethead said:

"You plant ice, you gonna harvest wind "

"Roll away, the Dew."😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, THE BARON said:

I would take Kyle Clifton over any LB the Jets ever had...

200 tackles in a season I believe. That's insane.   I loved him.  he was the first cool "Kyle" I had to hang my hat on as a kid. Kyle was an unheard of name at the time and he was my main man. :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/4/2020 at 7:31 AM, Irish Jet said:

If this is the case we're definitely paying Adams. Also shows they're very high on Davis.

I liked Maye - Think he's a very good player and I'd have been happy to keep him. I'd want something significant in return. 

It's Manish though so he could have made this up over breakfast

Mehta is a cereal troll that's hard to stomach🤕

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

200 tackles in a season I believe. That's insane.   I loved him.  he was the first cool "Kyle" I had to hang my hat on as a kid. Kyle was an unheard of name at the time and he was my main man. :) 

Interesting. Who would've thought that "Kyle" would be the name of choice for so many great NY Jets 1st round picks (Kyle Brady, Kyle Wilson, etc..).

Now that I think of it, not sure why I named one of my sons "Kyle".

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

I’m I missing something here?- Maye was a terrible pick, and a zero impact Free Safety who’s 27 already and injury-prone.

I was screaming for Dalvin Cook, Joe Douglas seems to know what he’s doing. I’m happy to say goodbye for decent pick or player.

tenor.gif?itemid=17044917

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...