Will you attend games amid pandemic

Will you attend Jet Games amid Pandemic  

176 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend games at Metlife should a season happen?

• YES! I don't miss games, will take my chances
    • Yes. Only if testing is available easily and everyone can be tested
    • Maybe. Let's see where we are at in September
    • No. My health is more important. Will watch on tv.

On 5/21/2020 at 8:16 AM, The Crusher said:

Here in Virginia they opened up stage 1 in all the state except for the three largest counties. We have to wait two more weeks. I think that’s a reasonable approach and speaks to the fact that area and population density is a major factor. 

Was in Front Royal today on Skyline Drive.  No one, and I mean no one, was social distancing nor wearing masks in town.

It's a literal different world, in every way, from NoVA.  

Was in Front Royal today on Skyline Drive.  No one, and I mean no one, was social distancing nor wearing masks in town.
It's the same here in MN, me and my wife went out to the lake today ...2-3 weeks ago everyone was being cautious with social distancing space and now it's a complete 180!

Even when we went to get ice cream there was no social distancing occurring in the ice cream line like ....where the heck did it all went!

24 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Me too!  I was fishing on a friend of mines lake . Caught some nice bass . 100% agreed in it being worlds apart. 

96FF5BCC-9C2A-4D9F-A50A-06C63DD36980.jpeg

• Upvote 2

Yes here in tampa its been the same. 

Covid is over fellas. Fear mongering isnt working anymore. 

Still need to take precautions and  more will die but clearly its seasonal and the worst has passed. I know its not a popular opinion its gotten better all over the world. Enjoy the summer!

• Thumb Down 1

8 hours ago, HighPitch said:

Covid is over fellas. [False]

Fear mongering isnt working anymore. [if you believe fear mongering was the motive, then you are insane]
Still need to take precautions and  more will die [I thought you said it was "over"]

but clearly its seasonal [patently false and unproven to date.  Misinformation again]

and the worst has passed. [you don't know that]

I know its not a popular opinion [take a guess why.  Because it's all contrary to fact and completely fabricated?]

Your claims in your post were irresponsibly wrong.  I really hope nobody listens to you. 

IMO, it should be considered banworthy misinformation.

• Upvote 2

Are you serious? Do you watch the news? Go outside and look

I dont think the fear mongering was intentional in the beginning but now its a way to get clicks and content and influence politics.

And you dont even believe its seasonal? Flus are typically seasonal and all the southern states are NOT exploding.

its funny how you say i should get banned for my opinion but every response you made is YOUR opinion. Nice try

2 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

I dont think the fear mongering was intentional in the beginning but now its a way to get clicks and content and influence politics.

And you dont even believe its seasonal? Flus are typically seasonal and all the southern states are NOT exploding.

its funny how you say i should get banned for my opinion but every response you made is YOUR opinion. Nice try

Actually you were the one recommending banning a for people in your thread you started. I’m glad things are going well done there. Let’s hope it holds up and we can all have a reasonably active and safe summer. 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Tezza said:

It's the same here in MN, me and my wife went out to the lake today ...2-3 weeks ago everyone was being cautious with social distancing space and now it's a complete 180!

Even when we went to get ice cream there was no social distancing occurring in the ice cream line like ....where the heck did it all went!

That wouldn’t happen to be  be Izzy’s ice cream?  I spent a winter working in MN.  You know the Ice cream must be amazing when there is a Cue in the dead of winter.  Unbelievable..I must have gained 6 lbs.

12 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Actually you were the one recommending banning a for people in your thread you started. I’m glad things are going well done there. Let’s hope it holds up and we can all have a reasonably active and safe summer. 

Yes i get your drift. I wanted to ban “from thread “ only those that got overly political. I was indeed slightly outspoken then. And here I am proclaiming Covid19 done. I get it.

However if I can, I’d like to make the argument that I have not prompted  by name any political party or candidate, hence being pretty consistent.

So yea for the record.... i recognize that every 100-200 years theres a pandemic. I am not above being exposed to one.

The issue here is IN MY OPiNIoN based on what ive read daily and observed in life, the Covid thing is real and needs to be respected, but it is NOT in any way the same way as the Black Plague.

Thats all. Be vigilant and take some extra Precautions and youll have a good chance of being fine.

So instead of washing groceries, even boxes like I have, Ive taken a more optimistic approach. Am I right ? Wtf knows but thats where i, at.

god your fish wa sso tasty lokkin

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, HighPitch said:

No politics.

Hopefully there is no 2nd wave but there are healthcare executives prepping for it in the north east. Why? Because lives are on the line.

Saying this is nothing and was an over reaction isn't cool. Please don't comment politically any further, especially since you were the one saying the covid thread needed to be reopened with no politics.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, HighPitch said:

Yes i get your drift. I wanted to ban “from thread “ only those that got overly political. I was indeed slightly outspoken then. And here I am proclaiming Covid19 done. I get it.

However if I can, I’d like to make the argument that I have not prompted  by name any political party or candidate, hence being pretty consistent.

So yea for the record.... i recognize that every 100-200 years theres a pandemic. I am not above being exposed to one.

The issue here is IN MY OPiNIoN based on what ive read daily and observed in life, the Covid thing is real and needs to be respected, but it is NOT in any way the same way as the Black Plague.

Thats all. Be vigilant and take some extra Precautions and youll have a good chance of being fine.

So instead of washing groceries, even boxes like I have, Ive taken a more optimistic approach. Am I right ? Wtf knows but thats where i, at.

god your fish wa sso tasty lokkin

I can name 20 families in NJ that I know personally that lost a loved one in the last two months due to covid and none of them could have a proper wake and burial.

I will let them know that you feel this isn't that bad.

Also, don't do this here.

• Sympathy 2

On 5/19/2020 at 2:28 PM, MaxAF said:

I do not fear this virus. I haven’t feared it since day one. I haven’t missed a day of work since this all started. If I get it I get it. If I die I die. I’m 60 years old. I’m abiding by the social distancing rules and take necessary precautions but the flu virus season is over, Covid is a flu virus and a very bad and deadly one at that but I’ve had enough of this BS. Our liberties and constitutional rights have been shat on. You can disagree and it’s your right but I refuse to live in fear of this virus. I wear a mask in public to respect others who don’t have my mindset. And I’ve done a lot of research on this. Not every scientist, virologist or medical professional agrees with what Fauci and Birx has propagated. Heck they don’t even agree with what they said from month to month. 
Rant is over!

On 5/19/2020 at 3:28 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

Funny how people don't care about rights when people of color or other minority/oppressed groups actually do have their rights taken from them.  

The minute white people can't get a haircut everybody flips out.  

On 5/19/2020 at 3:41 PM, Matt39 said:

Are there not minority owned barbershops? 

On 5/19/2020 at 4:53 PM, nj meadowlands said:

My first sentence and the Supreme Court's interpretation of the First Amendment over the past 200 years are linked.  Given that your support is a copy and paste job from "quizlet.com" I am going to assume that you're not a lawyer...

Anyway, there arguably is a constitutional discussion to have here! (i.e., is the interest at hand "legitimate," "substantial" or "compelling," are the measures the least restrictive means possible, what standard of judicial review should be applied, etc. etc.).  But for some reason I don't think that's the road we're going down ...

On 5/19/2020 at 5:17 PM, flgreen said:

Dr. Deborah Birx Pops Off in White House Task Force Meeting: ‘There Is Nothing From the CDC That I Can Trust’

TENSION
Published May. 09, 2020 9:30PM ET 

GettyImages-1207526470_htcbec

Drew Angerer/Getty

The White House’s coronavirus task force has been facing mounting tension between members, The Washington Post reports. During a meeting Wednesday, Dr. Deborah Birx, who heads the group, reportedly said to Robert Redfield, the director of the Center for Disease Control, “There is nothing from the CDC that I can trust.” Birx and others in the task force reportedly believed that the CDC methods for tracking the virus’ fatality rate and confirmed cases had inflated the statistics by up to 25 percent. Contrary to data from Johns Hopkins, which shows daily coronavirus deaths in the U.S. staying steady at 2,000 per day for several weeks, Birx said in a statement to the Post, “Mortality is slowly declining each day.”

The thread says will you attend games? A yes or no answer would have been fine.

Disappointing once again.

• Upvote 1