What's the one major move you'd like to see the Jets make before the season?

Is there another big move you'd like to see the Jets make?  

107 members have voted

1. 1. What's the one major move you'd like to see the Jets make before the season?

• Sign a veteran OLineman (ex. Jason Peters, etc.)
    • Sign a veteran WR
    • Sign a veteran RB
    • Upgrade the QB2 spot behind Darnold
    • Sign a veteran Edge Rusher (ex. Clowney, etc.)
    • Sign another CB (ex. Logan Ryan)
    • Extend Jamal Adams' contract (commit and put the issue to bed)
    • Trade Marcus Maye for either a player or for 2021 draft pick(s)
    • DO NOTHING - Let's ride with what we have!
    • OTHER - Describe the move you'd make in the thread

6 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Watch the waiver wires from now till opening day for possible upgrades at WR.

The ship has sailed on trading Adams for assets, so that's done.

The draft was good IMO.

Other than a late FA WR pickup, seems like this is the team we're materially going to field in 2020-2021.

Agreed on Adams.  His value was high last October (needy, playoff caliber teams are the ones most likely to overpay) and it will go up again this October when we're in-season I think.  It's just human nature.... GMs value their draft picks in the Spring and they value established players when we're in-season.  Also, any trade of Maye takes the possibility of Adams being traded to almost 0%.

With the influx of new WRs to the League during the Draft I can see a lot of quality Tier 2 WRs hitting the market, players that may be expensive to their current teams.  I'm starting to see why Joe D potentially didn't go to the well more often for WRs during the Draft.  He got his guy in Mims....and then hit pause.  I think he wanted to use valuable Draft capital on positions that may not have the oversupply that WR seems like it will have in the next year or so.  Perhaps Joe D has been playing chess here while others (ex. Raiders) were playing checkers?

I'm with you..... keep the eyes peeled for WR cuts this Summer.  And, if we want to target a good one then maybe Maye is the bargaining chip.

• Upvote 1

Veteran tackle. For sure.

As bad as the WR and CB situations looks there are at least players who have played competently in the NFL. At tackle we have an unknown quantity in Becton and guys who were among the worst in the league last year in Fant and Edoga. 

I’ve said from the start that Beachum will probably be resigned when they get a good look at Fant, unless Edoga takes a huge step forward.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

IMO, the Jets are about set.  If an obivious upgrrade becomes avilable at ANY position, at a reasonable price, sure do it.

I think Douglas has done a very good job at filling the MAJOR holes on the team.  Don't want to see future assets spent on some aging prior big name player who's building his retirement fund.  

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

48 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

It's a very tight race between WR and Edge. I don't see any WRs of real worth becoming available, so I voted Edge simply for the fact that we can dramatically upgrade there with a Clowney / Everson Griffen

exactly why I voted Clowney.  Immediate disruptive force. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Would love that.... not sure Jax would do it.

As the weeks and months go by without a deal, Ngakoue’s trade value should become less demanding from Jax. They took Chaisson to replace him. He has publicly declared that he’s not playing there. That marriage is over. 

A 25 year old pass rusher. Younger and less injury prone than Clowney. If we got him and signed Logan Ryan, this defense would be set. 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Prez33 said:

As the weeks and months go by without a deal, Ngakoue’s trade value should become less demanding from Jax. They took Chaisson to replace him. He has publicly declared that he’s not playing there. That marriage is over. 

A 25 year old pass rusher. Younger and less injury prone than Clowney. If we got him and signed Logan Ryan, this defense would be set. 

The rub with that idea is just how much Joe D is willing spend on Defense.  He'd be looking at three HUGE contracts in all likelihood....the one he inherited with Mosely, the one he seems open to doing with Jamal Adams, and then one with Ngakoue who we know expects to be paid well north of $15M per year.  Not sure how this team swallows all 3 of those things on one side of the ball.

Perhaps it works now only because we're about 2 years away from a potentially huge $$$ deal for Darnold.  If you can front load some stuff for guys like Adams and Ngakoue, and then maybe Mosely is departing in two years then that could line up with costs going down on D just as we might be looking to extend the QB?

I would like the Jets to build for a sustainable, successful, competitive long-term future.

Almost all of these options are one-year fixes.

I would rather roll with the OL, WR and EDGE we have than sign someone expensive.

If we do have money to spend, extend Adams at a reasonable price.   That builds for the future and allocates expense this year from later years.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, slats said:

I think the most likely one to be a semi-major move will be to bring in a veteran backup QB. 

I think a veteran RB could be signed before training camp, with the veteran WR coming after summer cuts. 

I think Joe Douglas is waiting for the market to completely evaporate for Clowney so that he can sign him to an affordable one-year deal and potentially see a nice comp pick for him in 2022. 

Gallman when he gets cut by the Giants

3 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

With the influx of new WRs to the League during the Draft I can see a lot of quality Tier 2 WRs hitting the market, players that may be expensive to their current teams.  I'm starting to see why Joe D potentially didn't go to the well more often for WRs during the Draft.

This is a quality insight.  I agree.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Warfish said:

Watch the waiver wires from now till opening day for possible upgrades at WR.

The ship has sailed on trading Adams for assets, so that's done.

The draft was good IMO.

Other than a late FA WR pickup, seems like this is the team we're materially going to field in 2020-2021.

Agreed.  Any particular WR you see as possible waiver candidates?

18 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Agreed on Adams.  His value was high last October (needy, playoff caliber teams are the ones most likely to overpay) and it will go up again this October when we're in-season I think.  It's just human nature.... GMs value their draft picks in the Spring and they value established players when we're in-season.  Also, any trade of Maye takes the possibility of Adams being traded to almost 0%.

With the influx of new WRs to the League during the Draft I can see a lot of quality Tier 2 WRs hitting the market, players that may be expensive to their current teams.  I'm starting to see why Joe D potentially didn't go to the well more often for WRs during the Draft.  He got his guy in Mims....and then hit pause.  I think he wanted to use valuable Draft capital on positions that may not have the oversupply that WR seems like it will have in the next year or so.  Perhaps Joe D has been playing chess here while others (ex. Raiders) were playing checkers?

I'm with you..... keep the eyes peeled for WR cuts this Summer.  And, if we want to target a good one then maybe Maye is the bargaining chip.

We also have to remember he signed Josh Doctson and Breshard Perriman during FA, who were both former first round picks.  Perriman has shown more, and Doctson could be cut, but we have three new receivers in the fold, including Mims.  Herndon should be better this year, Griffin was a pleasant surprise last year.  We aren't as bad as many think we are, and are a whole lot better than last year.

But I agree Jestream, I wouldn't be surprised if decent tier 2 receivers get released with so many new bodies at the position coming in.  There is also possibilities that some of these new bodies don't make it, or are stashed on Practice Squads.  

If I was a betting man, we will have at least one more receiver during camp come in.