Aaron Rodgers 2021 - would you?

Because its off-season, and everything else sucks, its fun to think of scenarios like these:

Aaron rodgers gets injured, falls out with the coach. Jordan love becomes starter. Aaron suddenly goes on the market at around the same time next year 2021. Packers can save $22 million in cap money if they trade him after June 1st.

Before we discuss the 'how to', the question is: would you want him on the Jets?

Rodgers already has a long list of significant injuries.

Bringing him in after he suffers another significant injury at age 36 would not be on the table for me. 

I'm not interested in a flash in the pan great season or two with a veteran QB playing with a limited window. 

I want to build a perennial contender with a young QB who can help us be relevant for a decade plus. 

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Would I **** his girlfriend? You bet. Do I have to wait til 2021?

That depends, is your local pharmacy still open during the pandemic? If not, yes you will probably have to wait.

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

I don't think so.  Wait....does Mike McCarthy come with him?  If so then definitely not.

Haha, why would McCarthy come with him? Rodgers is a big reason McCarthy got the boot in Green Bay in the first place. 

• Upvote 1

Been there, done that. Remember Favre? We were just a great QB away.....

And then Man-genius got fired. 

Besides, bailing out on Darnold would be the dumbest thing the Jets have ever done. Worse than all the bad draft picks, worse than the Trumaine Johnson signing, worse than hiring Idzik. 

It’s a big, fat NO from me. 

• Upvote 4

Nah...I don't swing that way, but if that's what you like - you do you!

Now, I might consider a little effile tower action with Danica in the middle, but there could be no eye contact with Aaron.

(I didn't read any posts.  Is this what this topic is about?)

The Love pick was a terrible  move for the 2020 Packers who already had a precarious lockerroom. Rogers is probably the biggest malcontent in the league when things are going well, and now the team has told picked his backup while not getting him a lineman or WR to help the offense.  On top of that they re-committed to a power running game by picking Dillon.  

The smart move would have been to send Rogers to the Raiders for Carr and a boatload of the picks that the Raiders had.  You could have gotten multiple firsts along with Carr, picked Love to develop and restocked the entire team.  Now you are going to be selling Rogers without getting peak value and at a year older.  If he were to get injured again, he would like retire and you have Jordan Love an no future picks.  It wasn't smart planning.

• Upvote 1

If Rodgers was like four years younger I absolutely would because that would be four years the team could build around a proven QB that good players want to come play with. Darnold remains unproven and I am not sure Gase is going to get there on development. Darnold could end up being another Pennington for us (in terms of overall production) which would also not be terrible for building up the team but not quite the franchise QB we hoped for. 

I like Darnold, but if the Packers offered Rodgers straight up for Darnold, the answer is yes, yes I would make that trade. 

But I would of course try to get some picks out of GB too, since they don't have much leverage in this instance.  The Love pick ensured that the clock is ticking for Rodgers in GB.