Schedule released Thursday 8pm

Really bizarre to do this at this time. I understand there's a lot of money to be made so the games are going to be played no matter what, even if the season has to be in a truncated format; but are we even sure that some of these stadiums in CA and NY will even be open as venues(with no spectators) by September?

31 minutes ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

Really bizarre to do this at this time. I understand there's a lot of money to be made so the games are going to be played no matter what, even if the season has to be in a truncated format; but are we even sure that some of these stadiums in CA and NY will even be open as venues(with no spectators) by September?

I think they end up playing with no fans in stadiums in the Southwest and Florida

There’s way too much TV money at stake to not play the games

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

I think at this point is's better to go on as business as usual. What's the downside in releasing it?

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

I mean, what're the odds there are games in the Meadowlands Week 1. 50/50, maybe? It's just odd.

Impossible to say right now. Gives us something to watch on Thursday. States are beginning to open. 

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Gives us something to watch on Thursday. 

I think this is the biggest factor - it's being used as an opiate for the day.

I am highly skeptical there's going to be a full slate of games Week 1. Logistically - there's just way, way too much going on in every state for me to think there's going to be NFL games - even with no spectators - being played in 4 months

22 minutes ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

I mean, what're the odds there are games in the Meadowlands Week 1. 50/50, maybe? It's just odd.

The odds of them playing there, week one with fans in attendance, are not good at all. I don't see it happening.

BUT there is no harm in releasing the schedule. They will have a contingency, no fans, alternate sites I am sure.

So releasing the schedule now is the right thing to do.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, playtowinthegame said:

SPOILER ALERT

Week 1: Browns at Jets

Yuck. I want pats at jets and and Jets smack down of emasculated pats 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 14 in Green said:

usually open and close the season with division games, no?

Jets opened up week 1 vs the Browns on September 13th, 2015. That's the game Demario Davis knocked McCown out of the game. Five years later to the day the Browns will in my opinion open up at the Jets on September 13th, 2020. This time Baker gets turned into a helicopter.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Jets opened up week 1 vs the Browns on September 13th, 2015. That's the game Demario Davis knocked McCown out of the game. Five years later to the day the Browns will in my opinion open up at the Jets on September 13th, 2020. This time Baker gets turned into a helicopter.

We’ll have a few laughs before the Browns game, whenever it’s played. ?

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

NFL

The NFL announced that the 2020 schedule will be released on Thursday night. Here are the details of the release announcement.

Three-Hour ‘Schedule Release ’20’ Show on NFL Network Reveals Entire Schedule​

All 32 Team Schedules & More Available on the NFL App & NFL.com

The 2020 NFL Schedule, Powered by AWS, will be released on NFL Network, the NFL app and NFL.com Thursday, May 7 at 8:00 PM ET.

NFL Network’s coverage will be highlighted by Schedule Release ’20 Presented by Verizon on Thursday, May 7 at 8:00 PM ET, a three-hour show which breaks down the upcoming 2020 NFL regular season schedule, division-by-division, analyzing the top matchups and primetime games.

Along with insight from NFL Network hosts and analysts, Schedule Release ’20 will include interviews from the homes of NFL head coaches, general managers and other guests. Full production details on Schedule Release ’20 will be issued as soon as they are confirmed.

Live streaming of NFL Network is available across devices (smartphone, PC, tablet and connected TVs) through the NFL app or NFL.com/watch for subscribers of participating NFL Network providers.

The NFL app and NFL.com will provide complete team-by-team and weekly schedules of all 256 regular season games, listing opponents, sites and times.

The NFL family surpassed $100 million in contributions to COVID relief efforts two weeks ago during the Draft-A-Thon and the fundraising continues through this week’s schedule release. Fans may continue to contribute if they are able, by visiting NFL.com/relief to support six nonprofit organizations serving those most in need across the nation.

The post Schedule Release Set for May 7 at 8 PM ET on NFL Network appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
hi4s_RMSYKg

Click here to read the full story...

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

Not season over.....Challenge accepted. If the leaked schedule is correct, we play Broncos, Raiders, Cards and 49ers at home. Rams, Chiefs, Chargers and Seahawks on the road. Obviously the Chiefs, 49ers  and Seahawks are tough games. The other teams are beatable even if some are cross country. 10-6 is a possibility.

That's not a leak.  The NFL opponents home/away are known in advance.

https://fbschedules.com/nfl/new-york-jets/

SAR I

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Irish Jet said:

Scenes when we open the season at Arrowhead on a Thursday night. Sam goes toe to with Mahomes, wins a shootout and it’s on to New England.

Yes I have already played this schedule out in my head many times.

No better way to introduce ourselves to the rest of the NFL family than a statement win. 33-30

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Prez33 said:

This is where some fans say “season over” the minute they see the Chiefs and Niners on our schedule. 

Always amusing. 

And then the game comes, Mahomes is hurt, we win, they complain while I say, chalk up a win baby & let's move on to the next game! 

No one gives a sh*t how or why you win in this league. You think Eagles fans were like, yea but we beat up the Jets backup QB. 

This is the NFL, guys get hurt, sometimes you have crazy runs with injuries, Jets (1985), Vinnie (1998), Jets (2019). 

Easy to pick FAVORITES when the schedule comes out but reality in this league is SO MUCH DIFFERENT. Great example is the Jets beating the Cowboys last year or Miami going into Gillette & beating the Patriots in a must win game for them for Home field in the playoffs. 

Anything can happen in this league. 

11 hours ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

11 hours ago, Philc1 said:

20/80

11 hours ago, Maxman said:

The odds of them playing there, week one with fans in attendance, are not good at all. I don't see it happening.

BUT there is no harm in releasing the schedule. They will have a contingency, no fans, alternate sites I am sure.

So releasing the schedule now is the right thing to do.

5 minutes ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

slim and none

There will be games played in MetLife week 1 and the season in general. There will be a limited amount of fans. You will have to wear a mask and they will encourage older/vulnerable people not to attend. Tailgating in large groups will be banned but small groups will still do it.

• Upvote 1

It will be interesting to see if New England still gets favorable scheduling with match ups where they have normal/extended time off for a prime time game but there opponent are on a short week. Wonder if it switches to tampa bay now.