Schedule released Thursday 8pm

Just now, K_O_Brien said:

I usually kind of look at schedules in blocks of 4 games. Can we go 2-2 in the first block? It will be tough, but if we could manage it then ARZ, @LAC and BUF is a winnable three game stretch. 

Any kind of winning foothold in the season early on and you'd be looking at the run of NE, @MIA, MIA, LVR as the time to kick on.  

The last block of 4 games are rough. Let's hope they are meaningful. 

Could easily see rams sucking and browns imploded by the time we play them. 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

No games against Miami until Week 10.  There's a decent chance we see Tua twice.  

Could be a good thing! Fitz as we know can be annoying. Tua vs Gregg Williams D on a cold and windy day November 29th at MetLife, I dig it. 

• Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

I could even see a 3-5 start and still have potential to finish 9-7. 

Yes.  After the first 8 games, we get the soft part and the tough West coast trip:

W Week 9 New England (MNF)
W Week 10 at Dolphins
Week 11 Bye
W Week 12 Dolphins
W Week 13 Las Vegas
L Week 14 at Seattle
W Week 15 at Rams
L Week 16 Browns
W Week 17 at New England

Something like that.  Lose to the Browns or Patriots.  6-2 or thereabouts.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

Just now, CanadienJetsFan said:

Wow, a bye week between two Dolphins games. Never seen that before.

I’ll go on record that 9 wins will win the division.

Interesting take.  9 is pretty low, but I certainly can't see anyone winning more than 10 games in the AFC East this year.

25 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

What are you talking about?  The schedule is set years in advance.  You know who 14 of your 16 opponents in any given season.  We already know who 14 of our 16 opponents will be in 2025.  

Do you really not get how this works?  This scheduling plan has been in effect in the NFL since, I believe, 2002.  You play 4 games against an AFC division, which rotates every year, and 4 games against an NFC division, which also rotates every year.  6 are divisional and the other 2 are based on how you finish.  It's very simple.  

Here’s a breakdown of how each team’s opponents are set:

• Six games against divisional opponents — two games per team, one at home and one on the road.
  • Four games against teams from a division within its conference — two games at home and two on the road.
  • Four games against teams from a division in the other conference— two games at home and two on the road.
  • Two games against teams from the two remaining divisions in its own conference — one game at home and one on the road. Matchups are based on division ranking from the previous season.

No its not anymore. Its obvious hence why the teams that square off in the Super bowl always play each other the next year, or draft picks of QBs square off.

• Thumb Down 2

Four day turnaround between an away game against the Colts and hosting the Broncos on Thursday Night Football is a bit rough. Could at least have fixtured a home game on the Sunday prior to hosting Denver. Or at least have made the Colts game a 1pm game if it wasn't possible to have the Jets play at home in week 3.

11 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Hey, did you copyright "4-4 gets us to 10-6" yet?

:P

LOL, no, but that will likely be the mantra.

Hold serve for the first half of the season, Go 2-2 and then 2-2, and then go 6-2 again.  So it's 4 chunks:

2-2
2-2
3-1
3-1

SAR I

4 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

If they beat Buffalo in the opener they’re styling. 

Some of the Jets best football of the entire 2019 season was played in the first two quarters of Week 1 vs. Buffalo before Mosley got hurt and Darnold seemed to lose all his energy late in the game (only to be diagnosed with Mono a day later).  I think we had a well-prepared team heading into that game and I can only hope that we'll pull an upset in Orchard Park to start the season.  Would be a fun payback after last year.

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

If we get 4 wins out of the first eight... I think we are looking pretty good with the rest of the way.  Won't be easy but it's doable.  If we cheat like the Pats that would probably help too.

That's exactly it.  Play .500 ball for the first half of the season.  Then go 6-2 again.

SAR I

• Sympathy 1