Schedule released Thursday 8pm

Here's what I notice... 

Many here think other teams poop is perfume...and Jets's...always oderous to the extant...that a skunk needs to put on a nose clip...to avoid it at all costs.  You can smell it on the breath of every SOJF.  They're afraid to believe that Jets can compete with teams and beat them on any given day they play.  It's like every win is a surprise to them...an upset or something.  The Curse took this game off...enabling Jets a win.   That Darnold...monoless...can't be the dominate QB in the AFCE.  And Gase is garbage...cause Peyton Manning can't distinguish an impressive offensive mind from a Rich Kotite dementia one.   Gase held this team together last year and Jets responded with a strong finish.  Will see what Gase can do with a much improved team.   

Yes improved.  JD has already  brought through the FA-draft-UDFA process, somewhere around 17-20 new players to this team.  And that process not over yet...it still continues.  Starters and depth pieces that will have various levels of impact.  No reason to believe any of them worse...then the group that contributed to the Jets 6-2 finish of last season. 

IMO the Jets should be no worse then 4-2, and can be 5-1 in the division.   Splitting with the Bills....and having a good chance of sweeping the rest.   Jets have the QB edge to do this.

I see no reason Jets  can't go 5-5...6-4...against the rest of teams on this schedule.  And finish 11-5 or 10-6.  Worse case I see is 9-7.  Cause poop happens.  Other teams on this schedule can stink it up too.  More then our NYJ.  

Wake up and smell the coffee...Jets gonna be good this year.

Thank you JD for all you've done.   

• Upvote 1

At Buffalo - Win (Sam seems to like Buffalo and Williams will have Allen figured out)
Vs 49ers -Win (1pm start for a west coast team plus its a good matchup for us)
At Colts - Win (I feel pretty good about matchups against the Colts and Philip Rivers is increasingly inconsistent)
Vs Broncos - Win (Long travel on a short week for the Broncos)
Vs Cardinals - Win (Hype machine starts but our defense is built to play a game close to the line of scrimmage)
At Chargers - Loss (West Coast Trip )
vs Bills  - Loss (I hate when we play the Bills at home)
At Chiefs - loss (Our defense will struggle in games where the team likes to get vertical)
Vs Pats - win (Revenge game that gets us back to the winning ways)
At Miami - Win (Hype comes back as we beat the Fins)
Vs Miami - win (We're back)
Vs Raiders - Win (**** the raiders)
At Seahawks - Loss (Travel gets us again)
At Rams - Win (We stay out west and pull some sh*t against the rams)
Vs. Browns - Loss (Vertical type offense with weapons and a revamped OL)
At Pats - Loss (Division on the line and the Patriots have a shot to play spoiler. I don't think we beat BB twice)

10-6 to win the division.

We play the Steelers or Indy in the Wildcard and win

We play the Chiefs in the Divisional round and lose

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Green Truth said:

Do not count the 49ers game as a loss,  Its early in the season and at home. They could have a Super Bowl hangover and they have to fly out east early in the season and have to play at 1PM. If it was on the left coast it would be a definite loss.  What the 49ers do best is run the football and play defense.  What the Jets D does best is stop the run.  This could be a low scoring ugly game that the Jets may be able to squeeze out a win at home.

The Cardinals at home.  I do not know who wrote this.  Healthy Sam equals W.

The Colts game.  Philip Rivers is a hundred years old.  That game is going to be tight.

Only 2 guaranteed losses I see are KC and Seattle.  Another most likely loss The Rams due to it being on the road.

All the rest they have to play the games.

There is nothing realistic that says the Jets will beat the Cardinals on the mere presence of a healthy Sam Darnold.  I'm pretty sure Sam Darnold, healthy or otherwise, will do nothing to stop Murray, Hopkins, Fitzgerald, Drake, & Kirk. 

2 hours ago, kdels62 said:

At Buffalo - Win (Sam seems to like Buffalo and Williams will have Allen figured out)
Vs 49ers -Win (1pm start for a west coast team plus its a good matchup for us)
At Colts - Win (I feel pretty good about matchups against the Colts and Philip Rivers is increasingly inconsistent)
Vs Broncos - Win (Long travel on a short week for the Broncos)
Vs Cardinals - Win (Hype machine starts but our defense is built to play a game close to the line of scrimmage)
At Chargers - Loss (West Coast Trip )
vs Bills  - Loss (I hate when we play the Bills at home)
At Chiefs - loss (Our defense will struggle in games where the team likes to get vertical)
Vs Pats - win (Revenge game that gets us back to the winning ways)
At Miami - Win (Hype comes back as we beat the Fins)
Vs Miami - win (We're back)
Vs Raiders - Win (**** the raiders)
At Seahawks - Loss (Travel gets us again)
At Rams - Win (We stay out west and pull some sh*t against the rams)
Vs. Browns - Loss (Vertical type offense with weapons and a revamped OL)
At Pats - Loss (Division on the line and the Patriots have a shot to play spoiler. I don't think we beat BB twice)

10-6 to win the division.

We play the Steelers or Indy in the Wildcard and win

We play the Chiefs in the Divisional round and lose

I would take this in a heartbeat!  Don't feel very confident about it though...

• Sympathy 1

So Jets go 7-9 while splitting games with the Pats, Bills and Dolphins, losing some of the tougher games away, winning some of the easier games at home. No surprise here. This is pretty much what I expect.

Except I think they may sweep the Phins and/or Pats this year, which will lead them to an 8-8 or even a 9-7 record. Bold prediction. Depends heavily on how the rookies perform, how the O-line holds up and injuries. 

As things stand today, with a large gun held to my head to be realistic, I see:

• Week 1: Sunday, Sept. 13 at Bills (1 P.M., CBS) - L (0-1)
  • Week 2: Sunday, Sept. 20 vs. 49ers (1 P.M., FOX) - L (0-2)
  • Week 3: Sunday, Sept. 27 at Colts (4 P.M., CBS) - W (1-2)
  • Week 4: Thursday, Oct. 1 vs. Broncos (8:20 P.M., NFLN) - L (1-3)
  • Week 5: Sunday, Oct. 11 vs. Cardinals (1 P.M., FOX) - W (2-3)
  • Week 6: Sunday, Oct. 18 at Chargers (4 P.M., CBS) - W (3-3)
  • Week 7: Sunday, Oct. 25 vs. Bills (1 P.M. CBS) - W (4-3)
  • Week 8: Sunday, Nov. 1 at Chiefs (1 P.M. CBS) - L (4-4)
  • Week 9: Monday, Nov. 9 vs. Patriots (8:15 P.M., ESPN) - L (4-5)
  • Week 10: Sunday, Nov. 15 at Dolphins (4 P.M., CBS) - L (4-6)
  • Week 11: BYE
  • Week 12: Sunday, Nov. 29 vs. Dolphins (1 P.M., CBS) - W (5-6)
  • Week 13: Sunday, Dec. 6 vs. Raiders (1 P.M., CBS)- W (6-6)
  • Week 14: Sunday, Dec. 13 at Seahawks (4 P.M., CBS) - L (6-7)
  • Week 15: Dec. 19 or 20 at Rams (TBD) - L (6-8)
  • Week 16: Dec. 26 or 27 vs. Browns (TBD) - L (6-9)
  • Week 17: Sunday, Jan. 3 at Patriots (1 P.M., CBS) - L (6-10)

2020 NY Jets Schedule

The schedule for the 2020 season was released on Thursday night. Jets fans are sounding off in the Jets Nation forums.

PRESEASON
Date Day Opponent Time Network
TBD TBD New York Giants TBD WCBS
08/20 Thursday at Detroit Lions 8:00 p.m. ESPN
TBD TBD Pittsburgh Steelers TBD WCBS
TBD TBD at Philadelphia Eagles TBD WCBS
REGULAR SEASON
Date Day Opponent Time Network
* Weeks 5-16 subject to NFL flex schedule
* Week 17 game time TBD
** Simulcast subject to change
09/13 Sunday at Buffalo Bills 1:00 p.m. CBS
09/20 Sunday San Francisco 49ers 1:00 p.m. FOX
09/27 Sunday at Indianapolis Colts 4:05 p.m. CBS
10/01 Thursday Denver Broncos 8:20 p.m. NFL Network
10/11 Sunday Arizona Cardinals 1:00 p.m. FOX
10/18 Sunday at Los Angeles Chargers 4:05 p.m. CBS
10/25 Sunday Buffalo Bills 1:00 p.m. CBS
11/01 Sunday at Kansas City Chiefs 1:00 p.m. CBS
11/09 Monday New England Patriots 8:15 p.m. ESPN
11/15 Sunday at Miami Dolphins 4:05 p.m. CBS
11/22 BYE WEEK
11/29 Sunday Miami Dolphins 1:00 p.m. CBS
12/06 Sunday Las Vegas Raiders 1:00 p.m. CBS
12/13 Sunday at Seattle Seahawks 4:05 p.m. CBS
TBD TBD at Los Angeles Rams TBD TBD
TBD TBD Cleveland Browns TBD TBD
01/03 Sunday at New England Patriots 1:00 p.m. CBS

2020 NY Jets Schedule

The post 2020 NY Jets Season Schedule appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
281YWKvYHrM

Click here to read the full story...

I honestly think that the month of November is the most important month and it can bail the jets out even with a god forbid horrible 2-6 start. Take the next step and beat New England at home, take care of Miami and beat Oakland at home like last year. If the jets can’t do that than they don’t deserve any meaningful games in December. If the jets can be 3-5 or 4-4 heading into the 3rd quarter of the season I think they can do some damage in November. 

On 5/8/2020 at 5:07 PM, AZCARDSDINGUS said:

There is nothing realistic that says the Jets will beat the Cardinals on the mere presence of a healthy Sam Darnold.  I'm pretty sure Sam Darnold, healthy or otherwise, will do nothing to stop Murray, Hopkins, Fitzgerald, Drake, & Kirk. 

Desir did well against Hopkins in man to man in 2018 and the Cardinals OL couldn’t block me

On 5/8/2020 at 5:07 PM, AZCARDSDINGUS said:

I think having 10 days to prepare for them and having them come from the west coast to play a 1pm game can be huge factors. 

• Upvote 2

I think this is the biggest factor - it's being used as an opiate for the day.
I am highly skeptical there's going to be a full slate of games Week 1. Logistically - there's just way, way too much going on in every state for me to think there's going to be NFL games - even with no spectators - being played in 4 months

Games are going to be moved, especially if there is no CFB going on. The Jets will be playing in Fargo

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

9 hours ago, Jetlife33 said:

I think having 10 days to prepare for them and having them come from the west coast to play a 1pm game can be huge factors. 

And most likely taking us for granted. If they make Jimmy G beat us and get pressure we have a good chance. Contain Kittle and Debo to less than 100 TY and shutting down the big play running game. 
Our new punter could be huge for us in this game. 

2 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

And most likely taking us for granted. If they make Jimmy G beat us and get pressure we have a good chance. Contain Kittle and Debo to less than 100 TY and shutting down the big play running game. 
Our new punter could be huge for us in this game. 

Supposedly we have the NFL’s greatest ever safety so we shouldn’t be worried about Kittle

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

Schedule make did the Jets a big favor by having the @Seattle and @ LA games back to back. Go to Seattle, fly down to Cali and practice there for the week and be refreshed and ready. Should split those games.

Not to mention that’s the only time this season the jets play back to back road games! 

• Upvote 1

“I think the way the schedule falls is actually to the Jets’ benefit. Their toughest games are spread out. The 49ers, Chiefs and Seahawks are the best teams the Jets play. They get the 49ers early (Week 2), the Chiefs at midseason (Week 8 ) and the Seahawks late (Week 14). 
Last year’s schedule was much easier overall, but the first two months of that schedule was brutal, and you knew there was a good chance the Jets could start off slow and the season would be over by Halloween. That is what happened.” 

via Costello 

The schedule release is completely irrelevant.  It is a bit unrealistic to think that the NFL season will even remotely follow this schedule.  Pipe dream.  

Dr. Anthony Fauci: Football “the perfect set up for spreading”

When California Gov. Gavin Newsom expressed some skepticism about the return of sports as we know it, in a stadium full of fans, he asked what happened to players when one tests positive — do you shut down the entire offensive line if it’s a lineman, or the entire defensive line because of their proximity?

The guy who understands this stuff better than anyone explained how quickly the coronavirus can move from person to person on a football field — an environment not given to social distancing.

Infectious disease expert Dr. Anthony Fauci told Peter King of NBC’s Football Morning in America that widespread testing of players would be the first step, and the obvious acknowledgement that any player who tests positive has to be quarantined because of how rapidly it would spread in an athletic environment.

“Sweat does not do it,” Fauci said. “This is a respiratory virus, so it’s going to be spread by shedding virus. The problem with virus shedding is that if I have it in my nasal pharynx, and it sheds and I wipe my hand against my nose—now it’s on my hand. You see, then I touch my chest or my thigh, then it’s on my chest or my thigh for at least a few hours. Sweat as such won’t transmit it. But if people are in such close contact as football players are on every single play, then that’s the perfect set up for spreading. I would think that if there is an infected football player on the field—a middle linebacker, a tackle, whoever it is it—as soon as they hit the next guy, the chances are that they will be shedding virus all over that person.

“If you really want to be in a situation where you want to be absolutely certain, you’d test all the players before the game. And you say, Those who are infected: Sorry, you’re sidelined. Those who are free: Get in there and play.”

That’s going to require so many tests that imagining it now would either be sheer folly or greedy on the part of a sports league. But Fauci hopes that the coming months bring increased access to tests. He’s also in modified quarantine after contact with a person who tested positive at the White House, where staffers are tested daily, showing how quickly things can change.

“If I test today, and I’m negative, you don’t know if I got exposed tomorrow,” Fauci said. “There’s no guarantee that you’re going to get exposed and be positive the next day. To give you an example, you’re probably reading in the newspapers that there’s an infection in the White House. I was exposed to that person. So I immediately got tested. I am negative. So, I’m negative yesterday. I don’t know if I’m going to be negative Monday. Understand? It’s almost an impossible situation.

“To be 100 percent sure, you’ve got to test every day. But that’s not practical and that’s never going to happen. But you can diminish dramatically by testing everybody Saturday night, Sunday morning, and say OK, only negative players play.”

That creates a number of questions for football teams in the context of the game alone, as they’ll have to be cognizant of depth and have backups ready to go at a moment’s notice — because that’s how quickly a game plan can change with one positive test.

• Upvote 1

On 5/10/2020 at 9:58 AM, Scott Dierking said:

Schedule make did the Jets a big favor by having the @Seattle and @ LA games back to back. Go to Seattle, fly down to Cali and practice there for the week and be refreshed and ready. Should split those games.

They did the Pats a bigger favor by having them play in LA against the Chargers week 12 on a Sunday and then stay in LA and play the Rams on Thursday night without having to travel.  How convenient...

On 5/11/2020 at 8:12 AM, Dcat said:

The schedule release is completely irrelevant.  It is a bit unrealistic to think that the NFL season will even remotely follow this schedule.  Pipe dream.  

Dr. Anthony Fauci: Football “the perfect set up for spreading”

When California Gov. Gavin Newsom expressed some skepticism about the return of sports as we know it, in a stadium full of fans, he asked what happened to players when one tests positive — do you shut down the entire offensive line if it’s a lineman, or the entire defensive line because of their proximity?

The guy who understands this stuff better than anyone explained how quickly the coronavirus can move from person to person on a football field — an environment not given to social distancing.

Infectious disease expert Dr. Anthony Fauci told Peter King of NBC’s Football Morning in America that widespread testing of players would be the first step, and the obvious acknowledgement that any player who tests positive has to be quarantined because of how rapidly it would spread in an athletic environment.

“Sweat does not do it,” Fauci said. “This is a respiratory virus, so it’s going to be spread by shedding virus. The problem with virus shedding is that if I have it in my nasal pharynx, and it sheds and I wipe my hand against my nose—now it’s on my hand. You see, then I touch my chest or my thigh, then it’s on my chest or my thigh for at least a few hours. Sweat as such won’t transmit it. But if people are in such close contact as football players are on every single play, then that’s the perfect set up for spreading. I would think that if there is an infected football player on the field—a middle linebacker, a tackle, whoever it is it—as soon as they hit the next guy, the chances are that they will be shedding virus all over that person.

“If you really want to be in a situation where you want to be absolutely certain, you’d test all the players before the game. And you say, Those who are infected: Sorry, you’re sidelined. Those who are free: Get in there and play.”

That’s going to require so many tests that imagining it now would either be sheer folly or greedy on the part of a sports league. But Fauci hopes that the coming months bring increased access to tests. He’s also in modified quarantine after contact with a person who tested positive at the White House, where staffers are tested daily, showing how quickly things can change.

“If I test today, and I’m negative, you don’t know if I got exposed tomorrow,” Fauci said. “There’s no guarantee that you’re going to get exposed and be positive the next day. To give you an example, you’re probably reading in the newspapers that there’s an infection in the White House. I was exposed to that person. So I immediately got tested. I am negative. So, I’m negative yesterday. I don’t know if I’m going to be negative Monday. Understand? It’s almost an impossible situation.

“To be 100 percent sure, you’ve got to test every day. But that’s not practical and that’s never going to happen. But you can diminish dramatically by testing everybody Saturday night, Sunday morning, and say OK, only negative players play.”

That creates a number of questions for football teams in the context of the game alone, as they’ll have to be cognizant of depth and have backups ready to go at a moment’s notice — because that’s how quickly a game plan can change with one positive test.

Agree.  I think this is wishful thinking byGoodell and the owners

Don’t be shocked if it’s a shortened season played at neutral sites