2010 revised

Just now, TNJet said:

I remember Sanchez over throwing wide open Holmes and Keller's seversl times in the first half. Could've been big gains to atleast accumulate FGs. No one else remembers these failed pass opportunities?? I sure do. And they came back to haunt us losing by only 5. I remember telling people if we'd have made 2 plays on offense in the first half we'd made the super bowl.

Tell me when they happened? I'll go check the video.

8 minutes ago, TNJet said:

No not really. I don't recall him hitting one pass in the first half of the Steeler game. To his credit he did bring us back in the 2nd half only to lose by 5.

The Steeler game was over before we left the hotel.  The "Ground & Pound" rushing attack and the "We'll Take Two Of Yours" defense weren't prepared and played like crap, we were down by 17 and the D'Bust whiff was the death blow. 

Place the blame where it belongs.  Remember, we weren't built to win in the air.  We were an "all weather" team, tough on D and punishing on the ground, that was the strategy.  So when those two areas of huge focus and investment no-showed in a Championship Game for the second year in a row there was no way that Sanchez could lead us back.  Though he almost did.

Rex lost that game for us.  Bart Scott and Shonn Greene, too.  The passing game was an afterthought.  Mark Sanchez was never pitched as the next Peyton Manning.  He played very well for his capabilities and the bunch of transient receivers they dumped on him every year.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

3 hours ago, 68JET11 said:

Not a Sanchez lover, but he was not the reason we didn't win in 09 or 10. When he had the supporting cast he was more then adequate. We didn't lose to Pittsburgh because Sanchez was horrible. He almost had us back in that game in the second half.

He put us in the friggin hole to begin with.  Come on.  0 points on offense AND handed the Steelers 7 points.  

Mark Sanchez was the # 1 reason neither of those teams won titles.  The rosters were damn near perfect surrounding him.  Yet Sanchez defenders still whine that we didn't have a Pro Bowler at every position.  

• Upvote 1

Still to this day fans here defend Sanchez

it really sickens me. He played his first 2 years with training wheels. Once they let go of his hand, he face planted right into Brandon Moore’s ass. 

everyone blamed Schottenheimer for offense. Looking back Schotty looks like a genius

67 QB rating his 1st year. His best year ever was  80 QB rating. 

Sanchez sucked

• Upvote 4

58 minutes ago, themeangreenkillingmachine said:

it really sickens me. He played his first 2 years with training wheels. Once they let go of his hand, he face planted right into Brandon Moore’s ass. 

everyone blamed Schottenheimer for offense. Looking back Schotty looks like a genius

Sanchez sucked

What sickens me is fans that defend favre and Fitzpatrick while bashing Sanchez and Chad.  They'll back 2 guys who never did anything for us and bash guys who helped us win playoff games.  Jet fans that bash Sanchez deserve what we've seen since he left.

2 hours ago, TNJet said:

I remember Sanchez over throwing wide open Holmes and Keller's seversl times in the first half. Could've been big gains to atleast accumulate FGs. No one else remembers these failed pass opportunities?? I sure do. And they came back to haunt us losing by only 5. I remember telling people if we'd have made 2 plays on offense in the first half we'd made the super bowl.

I remember the entire turd of a first half.  The thing is we had a full and complete comeback in the works with the tired Steelers on their heels. Schotty out thought himself and blew it. 

1 hour ago, themeangreenkillingmachine said:

Sanchez sucked

Sanchez wasn't good but he also wasn't setup to succeed in years 3 and 4.  No weapons at all.

27 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

I remember the entire turd of a first half.  The thing is we had a full and complete comeback in the works with the tired Steelers on their heels. Schotty out thought himself and blew it. 

Schotty blew it?  Did he allow Pittsburgh to run out the clock?  I'm confused?  

3 hours ago, nyjunc said:

Schotty blew it?  Did he allow Pittsburgh to run out the clock?  I'm confused?  

You don't remember the drive down to the 1 yd line to tie the game where we read the ball almost the whole way huh? Remember when at the 1 yd line he decided to start passing the ball?  Then on 4th down he decided to run it again, but the Steelers had regained their momentum.   That was the tying TD. Come on... Nothing?  The subsequent safety?  Nothing? 

40 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

You don't remember the drive down to the 1 yd line to tie the game where we read the ball almost the whole way huh? Remember when at the 1 yd line he decided to start passing the ball?  Then on 4th down he decided to run it again, but the Steelers had regained their momentum.   That was the tying TD. Come on... Nothing?  The subsequent safety?  Nothing? 

We were down 24-10 at that point.  Got stopped on the goal line stand down 14.  Forced the safety to cut it to 24-12.  We scored on the possession after the free kick to cut it to 24-19.  And we never got the ball back. 

We never had the ball with a chance to tie the game.

13 hours ago, nyjunc said:

That was the fault of idzik which is where this mess really started.  Idzik wanted to fire Rex after 2013, rec knew his best chance to win was with Mark but he was being pressured by the GM to start Geno and the GM had all the power(this was the neutered Rex phase).  Mark outplayed Geno that preseason but he wanted him to further separate and it cost us our season.

It shows how foolish fans can be, schottenheimer was much better than he was given credit for.  He was constantly trying to coach a new QB until Sanchez and Sanchez's career turned after Brian left.

Hahahahahaha.  I love Sam but we didn't lose either Championship Game because of the QB.  The real what if is if we had Sanchez in 2008 we win the SB but he came along a year later.

We didn't know how good we had it with Brian.

The lockout killed us with the rules hindering teams that advanced deep in the playoffs.

We did have a lot of vets, they spent and had a 4 year window from 08-11.  Favre ruined 08, we came close in 09 & 10 then the lockout killed us in 11.

Cotch asked to be released, we didn't want to.  I think he was tired of them bringing innWRs to start over him.

I wanted braylon back but he was never healthy again.

Holmes changed after the big contract, I can't blame the Jets for that.

Bringing in jerks like plax and Derrick Mason I can blame the Jets.

Tannenbaum knew they'd have to bite the bullet in 12 and maybe 13 as they retooled and created cap space again but they fired him after 12 and hired idzik which started the mess we were in until Douglas got here.  I'm fully confident in Joe to turn this thing around.

Holmes was a bigger jerk before the contract then the 2 guys you mentioned 

1 hour ago, Lith said:

We were down 24-10 at that point.  Got stopped on the goal line stand down 14.  Forced the safety to cut it to 24-12.  We scored on the possession after the free kick to cut it to 24-19.  And we never got the ball back. 

We never had the ball with a chance to tie the game.

Who asked you?  :)    I'm over here remembering it how I like to and you come in with all those whatevs. 

I really do remember it the way I said though. hahaha 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, themeangreenkillingmachine said:

I feel no sympathy. Darnold has put up better numbers with less. 

Different NFL.  Also Rex was never going to let Sanchez throw much.  I'm not saying Sanchez is better than Darnold but they're closer than you'd like to think.  The 2012 Jets might have the worst group of weapons in NFL history.

15 hours ago, SAR I said:

It's crazy how they re-write history, isn't it?  The Rex Ryan super duper defense couldn't stop the run and the Steelers were up 17-0 before you got through half of your first beer.

The big play in that game was D'Brickashaw Ferguson getting beaten like a turnstile by Ike Taylor for a blindside strip sack TD.  They were the last points the Steelers offense scored and they were the difference and cost us our Super Bowl.

But they love love love D'Bust and they hate hate hate Mark.  Lemmings.

SAR I

The fact that you call him D’Bust is pretty pathetic. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

20 hours ago, SAR I said:

It's crazy how they re-write history, isn't it?  The Rex Ryan super duper defense couldn't stop the run and the Steelers were up 17-0 before you got through half of your first beer.

The big play in that game was D'Brickashaw Ferguson getting beaten like a turnstile by Ike Taylor for a blindside strip sack TD.  They were the last points the Steelers offense scored and they were the difference and cost us our Super Bowl.

But they love love love D'Bust and they hate hate hate Mark.  Lemmings.

SAR I

LOL

In no world was D’Brickashaw Ferguson meant to be blocking Ike f*cking Taylor. What horrible analysis.

They overloaded us on that side and we didn’t have enough guys over to protect or a hot route on the side of the blitz. D’Brick blocks his man and whiffs on nobody. They didn’t account for Taylor blitzing. As much on Sanchez, Mangold and Shotty for the playcall and not recognising what was coming.

You embarrass yourself calling one of the best Tackles of that decade a bust - He was basically the Revis of the offence with the elite pass rushers he shut down. If that 2006 draft was done over he goes first overall.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

18 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He put us in the friggin hole to begin with.  Come on.  0 points on offense AND handed the Steelers 7 points.  

Mark Sanchez was the # 1 reason neither of those teams won titles.  The rosters were damn near perfect surrounding him.  Yet Sanchez defenders still whine that we didn't have a Pro Bowler at every position.  

You mean the defense put us in a hole... Like I said I'm not a Sanchez lover, but he didn't lose us that game and not that I agree with SAR all that often, but brick got beaten like a drum on that strip sack..., and I don't agree with him he was a bust.

• Post of the Week 1

The teams unwillingness to invest premium resources on the offensive side of the ball has been a theme the entire time I've been a fan, and its gotten worse and worse as the league has trended more and more toward offense. All we can do is hope that has changed with Joe Douglas.

Oh, and Mark Sanchez was an awful QB propped up by a Super Bowl caliber team he consistently held back from reaching their potential.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

11 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

1st & G from 2, ran it to 1

2nd & G, play action.  Throw a little low but catchable and was dropped.  If executed properly it's an easy TD

3rd & G, pass easily diagnosed by Pitt D.  Only bad playcall of sequence.

4th & G, hand it to LT who made a living jumping over piles at GL.  He tries to run through Pitt D.

With all this, we got 2 points on the next play then quickly scored a TD to trail by only 5.  Our D could have allowed a first down and we still would have had time.  They couldn't do it, they allowed in 2 and allowed Pitt to run out the clock

Pitt had a 10 minute drive to start the game, it was 7-0 and the 1st qtr almost over before mark touched the ball.

The D cost us both Championship Games.

Mark Sanchez was the # 1 reason neither of those teams won titles.

Also Brett Favre being a snake.

The fact that Pennington and Sanchez get more hate than Favre from Jets fans bothers me a lot more than it should. Guy quit on the best team in football to go pursue his petty agenda. Egotistical prick.

• Sympathy 1

On 5/5/2020 at 6:36 AM, Irish Jet said:

Very doubtful. Manning absolutely shredded us in 09. Exposed the lack of depth at corner and after they scored once they looked like they could score at any time. 

Also Sanchez's performance in New England in 2010 is better than any Darnold performance to date. And miles better than any Darnold performance vs New England. 

For all the shedding Manning did to us, we were leading at halftime?  And yes, we lost our starting CB and RB and then the game when it fell on #6 and he couldn't.  Nor should he, he was a rookie QB

I watched that NE game.  Sanchez was OK.  Other than the longish, sideline throw to Braylon, he hardly made a memorable pass.  Had a lot of shorter passes that Edwards or Holmes etc made plays out of.  He missed a hell of a lot of passes though.  Was Sanchez

On 5/5/2020 at 12:12 AM, Tinstar said:

It was Mark Sanchez sophomore year in the NFL and the last year the New York Jets would make it to the AFC championship game . It was a team that featured Mangold and Ferguson and Keller and Tomlinson in an offense guided by Brian (baby) Shotty.

Rex Ryan was the HC and his defense and exotic blitz schemes got all the credit . The thing that always bugs me is this . I don’t think the Jets have made the playoffs since that year and since that year to this last draft the best offensive player the team has drafted is Sam Darnold.

Not a single OC hired by this team in 9 years has been given a chance to succeed while getting the blame for everything that’s been wrong .

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

There was a lot more wrong than that, too much to name in one post

On 5/5/2020 at 6:36 AM, Irish Jet said:

As stupid as it was Sanchez was done anyway. Would have been booed out of the stadium with his first bad game and Geno on deck, which knowing him wouldn't have taken long. The real crime was signing Tebow the previous season after giving Sanchez a new contract. Two bewildering moves on their own, unf*ckingforgivable when you put them together. 

Very doubtful. Manning absolutely shredded us in 09. Exposed the lack of depth at corner and after they scored once they looked like they could score at any time. 

Also Sanchez's performance in New England in 2010 is better than any Darnold performance to date. And miles better than any Darnold performance vs New England. 

Sanchez was bizarrely competent in the post season. Even his bad games weren't too bad.

I don't  agree with the NE observation. The Jets D knocked the crap out Brady in thst game. He was on his back so much you couldn't  read his name on his Jersey. 

You mean the defense put us in a hole... Like I said I'm not a Sanchez lover, but he didn't lose us that game and not that I agree with SAR all that often, but brick got beaten like a drum on that strip sack..., and I don't agree with him he was a bust.

Last I checked you can’t win if you don’t score.

The defense gave up 17. Yes. Sanchez put up 0 and handed the Steelers 7.

After carrying his a$$ for 2 seasons, the defense doesn’t deserve the blame for that loss. 17 points is not an insurmountable mountain to climb out of.

3 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I don't  agree with the NE observation. The Jets D knocked the crap out Brady in thst game. He was on his back so much you couldn't  read his name on his Jersey. 

Nonsense.

We scored 28 points. Four Offensive TD’s and  three on passes by Sanchez. Those were not on the defence. The defence did get us in a position for points once but Falk missed the kick. The defence was great but Sanchez had the game of his life.

For perspective Sam Darnold has played two games against the Patriots. Has a total of three points. Jets have had one offensive TD against the Patriots in two years.

5 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Nonsense.

We scored 28 points. Four Offensive TD’s and  three on passes by Sanchez. Those were not on the defence. The defence did get us in a position for points once but Falk missed the kick. The defence was great but Sanchez had the game of his life.

For perspective Sam Darnold has played two games against the Patriots. Has a total of three points. Jets have had one offensive TD against the Patriots in two years.

What I remember  about the playoff game is a relentless  D that was all over Brady. The cover of Sports Illustrated that week had a picture of Brady being strip sacked, not of Sanchez throwing a TD. Thst was the story.