2010 revised

18 hours ago, TNJet said:

First half.

First possession, 5:46 left in 1st qtr, ball at NYJ 27.

1st & 10- pass batted down in Sanchez's face

Nantz noted the Jets offense waited 27 minutes (in real time) from kickoff to 1st play from scrimmage

2nd & 10- LT run for no gain

3rd & 10- perfect pass btw 2 defenders, 14 yard gain.

1st & 10, NYJ 41- illegal contact on Pitt.

1st & 10, NYJ 46- Greene 2 yard run

2 & 10- PI on Pitt

1st & 10, Pitt 43- LT 2 yard run

2nd & 8- false start NYJ

2nd & 13-incomplete pass, great coverage by Pitt D

3rd & 13- screen for 3 yards

4th & 10- punt

Second possession, 12:32 left 2nd qtr, NYJ 35

1st & 10- end around to cotch, lose 4 yards

2nd & 14- false start NYJ

2nd & 19- 6 yard pass to Keller

3rd & 13- Cotchery drops 8 yard pass, if caught it would have been in stride and he could have got the 1st down.  Perfect throw.

4th & 13- punt

Third possession, 6:51 left 2nd qtr, ball at NYJ 40

1st & 10- Greene 3 yard run

2nd & 7- miscommunication, incomplete.

3rd & 7- ball tipped, incomplete

4th & 7- punt

Fourth possession, 1:53 left, ball at NYJ 33

1st & 10- sack, lost 7. Didn't even have time to set up

2nd & 17- incomplete, bad pass.  Would have been about 7 yard gain if complete.

3rd & 17- sacked in process of throwing, called fumble for TD.  I'm still not convinced this was a fumble but that was the call(it was really close).  Like I have noted I don't think this play was as big as it seemed because of how half ended.

Fifth possession, 1:08 left in half, ball at NYJ 31

1st & 10- 5 yard pass to Keller

2nd & 5- 16 yard pass to Smith

1st & 10, Pitt 48- 9 yard pass to Smith. TO #1,  33 secs left

2nd & 1- illegal contact Pitt

1st & 10, Pitt 34- 9 yard pass to Keller, TO #2, 23 secs left.

2nd & 1- incomplete to Holmes, no chance at completion

3rd & 1- incomplete to Edwards, no chance at completion

4th & 1- FG

I don't know where you saw all these overthrows but they didn't happen in this game.  Early at Indy and NE he had some, maybe you confused it with this game.

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Oh, and Mark Sanchez was an awful QB propped up by a Super Bowl caliber team he consistently held back from reaching their potential.

Mark Sanchez saved the 2010 season.  We don't even sniff the playoffs without Mark's heroics:

Texans
at Detroit
at Denver
at Cleveland
at Pittsburgh

That's 5 games, 4 on the road, where a Mark Sanchez miracle drive in the 4th quarter or OT won a game that the "better than the 85 Bears" defense blew.  11-5 becomes 6-10 without the quarterback lighting it up and making great decisions and throws late in games.

Propped up in '09?  Perhaps.  But in '10?  No way.  Mark did his part.  He carried the D to the playoffs.  And once in, Mark was money, an unbelievable postseason QB.  Better than Namath who only won two playoff games his entire career.

SAR I

On 5/5/2020 at 12:20 AM, 82nd Airborne said:

Then Rex decided to play Sanchez with 3rd stringers in a preseason game. 

He did it to show up the rookie Idzik was heavily pushing (hence Sanchez going off on Idzik not Rex) but who really cares? That team was going nowhere, and Sanchez sucked and was clearly on his way out after the season anyway.

Only reason he was still there at all, instead of being cut well before then, was in 2012 Tannenbaum idiotically guaranteed him two more undeserved, starter-money seasons as makeup sex for chasing FA Peyton Manning and to clear immediate space after all his drunken sailor spending. Maybe if not for that extension we draft Russell Wilson in round two (maybe even trade down a little and pick up a pick or two before that) instead of Stephen Hill. Correction: trading up to draft Stephen Hill. 

F***ing Jets. WTF is wrong with all of us?

• Upvote 4

Sanchez had some extremely promising moments in 2009 and 2010 (especially in 2010). 

The problem is that he just wasn't good enough to carry the offense once the run-heavy approach was abandoned in 2011 and he eventually completely sh*t the bed in 2012. 

The biggest mistake the Jets made was trying to transition from a run-first team to a balanced/pass-first team. The ground and pound philosophy got made fun of a lot, but it was very effective. This is where I blame Rex a lot - I think he wanted to stick with a run-first approach, but he didn't have enough conviction regarding the offense to see it through.

We had a bruising running game that controlled the pace of the game and Sanchez was an excellent play-action QB. We gave that up in a weak attempt to try and copy pass-happy teams around the league and it backfired. 

12 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Only reason he was still there at all, instead of being cut well before then, was in 2012 Tannenbaum idiotically guaranteed him two more undeserved, starter-money seasons as makeup sex for chasing FA Peyton Manning and to clear immediate space after all his drunken sailor spending. Maybe if not for that extension we draft Russell Wilson in round two (maybe even trade down a little and pick up a pick or two before that) instead of Stephen Hill. Correction: trading up to draft Stephen Hill. 

F***ing Jets. WTF is wrong with all of us?

I am wrong all the time about the draft, but I LOVED Russell Wilson in college and it really hurt to hear the rumors after the fact that Rex loved him, too. Drafting that guy would have been a franchise altering decision. 

On 5/5/2020 at 12:48 AM, Tinstar said:

You forget who was really blamed for us not advancing to those games. It was not Sanchez .

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

The Jets lost to the Colts in the 2009 AFC Champ game because the Jets defense simply ran out of defensive backs.  It was not the fault of Sanchez or Rex or Schotty Jr.  In the second half of that game, the Jets lost another DB to injury and the Colts simply had more pass catchers than the Jets had DB's to cover them.  Despite calling a good defense with the right coverages, the Jets simply didn't have the DB's to challenge all the pass catchers the Colts could put into a pattern.

In the 2010 AFC Champ game against the Steelers, despite the Jets defense starting off like they were all out way too late the night before the game, I blame the politics of the NFL itself for the loss of that game.  At the very end of the game, the Jets offense had the Steelers on their heels.  They could not stop the Jets from moving the ball.  All the Jets needed was a defensive stop and the ball back in the hands of the Jets offense that was moving the ball nearly at will at the end of the 4th qtr...  And then... The NFL struck.  When their brand name Steelers need to have "heroic" drive to win the game, the NFL gives it to them.  The Jets special teams has them backed up near their end zone.  It looked like a sure bet that the Jets would get the stop they need.  BUT... The officials for some strange reason stopped calling offensive holding penalties.  Play after play went on and on and on as the QB  took his time behind his offensive line that always had their hands full of Jet defenders.   Not a hint of holding, mind you... FLAGRANT holding.  And the little Pittsburg Squealers got their 'heroic" last minute TD to win the game.  Much the way the NFL helped the Squealers screw the Cardinals out of their Super Bowl win... 

12 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

Who asked you?  :)    I'm over here remembering it how I like to and you come in with all those whatevs. 

I really do remember it the way I said though. hahaha 

This is one game that is indelibly etched in my memory.  8 hour drive from Illinois to Pittsburgh.  Not gonna say I expected us to win, been a Jet fan too long for that, but I really thought we had the better team and we had a great chance. 

Sitting in the stands as we fell behind early just completely sucked the life out of me.  Both sides of the ball playing like crap while we fell behind 24-3.  Defense couldn't stop the run and offense could not move the ball.  At the time of the strip-sack with about a minute left in the half, I think we had 3 first downs (2 by penalty), and Sanchez had completed 3 passes for 24 yards.  Entire team no showed until half time.

Have not quite gotten over that loss yet.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, nyjunc said:

First possession, 5:46 left in 1st qtr, ball at NYJ 27.

1st & 10- pass batted down in Sanchez's face

Nantz noted the Jets offense waited 27 minutes (in real time) from kickoff to 1st play from scrimmage

2nd & 10- LT run for no gain

3rd & 10- perfect pass btw 2 defenders, 14 yard gain.

1st & 10, NYJ 41- illegal contact on Pitt.

1st & 10, NYJ 46- Greene 2 yard run

2 & 10- PI on Pitt

1st & 10, Pitt 43- LT 2 yard run

2nd & 8- false start NYJ

2nd & 13-incomplete pass, great coverage by Pitt D

3rd & 13- screen for 3 yards

4th & 10- punt

Second possession, 12:32 left 2nd qtr, NYJ 35

1st & 10- end around to cotch, lose 4 yards

2nd & 14- false start NYJ

2nd & 19- 6 yard pass to Keller

3rd & 13- Cotchery drops 8 yard pass, if caught it would have been in stride and he could have got the 1st down.  Perfect throw.

4th & 13- punt

Third possession, 6:51 left 2nd qtr, ball at NYJ 40

1st & 10- Greene 3 yard run

2nd & 7- miscommunication, incomplete.

3rd & 7- ball tipped, incomplete

4th & 7- punt

Fourth possession, 1:53 left, ball at NYJ 33

1st & 10- sack, lost 7. Didn't even have time to set up

2nd & 17- incomplete, bad pass.  Would have been about 7 yard gain if complete.

3rd & 17- sacked in process of throwing, called fumble for TD.  I'm still not convinced this was a fumble but that was the call(it was really close).  Like I have noted I don't think this play was as big as it seemed because of how half ended.

Fifth possession, 1:08 left in half, ball at NYJ 31

1st & 10- 5 yard pass to Keller

2nd & 5- 16 yard pass to Smith

1st & 10, Pitt 48- 9 yard pass to Smith. TO #1,  33 secs left

2nd & 1- illegal contact Pitt

1st & 10, Pitt 34- 9 yard pass to Keller, TO #2, 23 secs left.

2nd & 1- incomplete to Holmes, no chance at completion

3rd & 1- incomplete to Edwards, no chance at completion

4th & 1- FG

I don't know where you saw all these overthrows but they didn't happen in this game.  Early at Indy and NE he had some, maybe you confused it with this game.

See bad passes all over. Told ya.

54 minutes ago, TNJet said:

See bad passes all over. Told ya.

Not many actually and not every pass is going to be perfect.  Drops, penalties, protection issues all hurt the O more than a couple of bad passes.

You probably should watch the game rather than post stuff you know is wrong.

3 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Not many actually and not every pass is going to be perfect.  Drops, penalties, protection issues all hurt the O more than a couple of bad passes.

You probably should watch the game rather than post stuff you know is wrong.

Sanchez is that you buddy? 

Let it go lol...

On 5/5/2020 at 12:12 AM, Tinstar said:

It was Mark Sanchez sophomore year in the NFL and the last year the New York Jets would make it to the AFC championship game . It was a team that featured Mangold and Ferguson and Keller and Tomlinson in an offense guided by Brian (baby) Shotty.

Rex Ryan was the HC and his defense and exotic blitz schemes got all the credit . The thing that always bugs me is this . I don’t think the Jets have made the playoffs since that year and since that year to this last draft the best offensive player the team has drafted is Sam Darnold.

Not a single OC hired by this team in 9 years has been given a chance to succeed while getting the blame for everything that’s been wrong .

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Welcome to the NFL. The coaching staff always gets blamed even if the GM and the talent staff is incompetent. I think that's why when a coach gets fired they quickly land on their feet in another city? The owners are not stupid they can see when the GM is terrible at his job and how it can hamstring the HC. The system, due mostly to fan pressure, is designed so that the coaching staff must ALWAYS fall on their swords. However, the owners behind the scenes are well aware that the HC was forced to work with very little to no talent at all.

2 hours ago, slimjasi said:

I am wrong all the time about the draft, but I LOVED Russell Wilson in college and it really hurt to hear the rumors after the fact that Rex loved him, too. Drafting that guy would have been a franchise altering decision. 

Think it was Bradway not Rex, but these were all rumors so who even knows.

It was never leaked that Bradway was "pounding the table" for him until after Wilson proved to be an instant success.

2 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Think it was Bradway not Rex, but these were all rumors so who even knows.

It was never leaked that Bradway was "pounding the table" for him until after Wilson proved to be an instant success.

Ahhh, Ok, you might be right. 

I could be mixing that rumor of Bradway up with stuff Rex said on ESPN about how much he "always loved" Wilson. 

Either way, I wanted Wilson. 

But, then again, I also was happy we drafted Geno. So . . .yea. 

4 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I could be mixing that rumor of Bradway up with stuff Rex said on ESPN about how much he "always loved" Wilson. 

yeah everyone "always loved" someone who turned into a star

amazingly there weren't any leaks from their camps about all the busts they also "pounded the table" for the Jets to draft

• Upvote 1

On 5/6/2020 at 10:06 AM, SAR I said:

Mark Sanchez saved the 2010 season.  We don't even sniff the playoffs without Mark's heroics:

Texans
at Detroit
at Denver
at Cleveland
at Pittsburgh

That's 5 games, 4 on the road, where a Mark Sanchez miracle drive in the 4th quarter or OT won a game that the "better than the 85 Bears" defense blew.  11-5 becomes 6-10 without the quarterback lighting it up and making great decisions and throws late in games.

Propped up in '09?  Perhaps.  But in '10?  No way.  Mark did his part.  He carried the D to the playoffs.  And once in, Mark was money, an unbelievable postseason QB.  Better than Namath who only won two playoff games his entire career.

SAR I

He was a bad QB. His heroics were because we hadn't scored points all game. It's bizarre to me that Sanchez, who has never at any point on any team been good or productive with any level of consistency, still has his defenders here.

For a bad QB, he was actually pretty clutch at times. That's basically all you can say about him.

• Upvote 1

On 5/5/2020 at 7:01 AM, GREENBEAN said:

Oh the hope of the early Rex years.  If they would have followed that with retaining more/most of the guys from the 2010 team, we would have continued our success and might just have built upon it. But nope. Tore it down in the 2011 offseason.

I still don't know what happened to Braylon Edwards. That was the last year of his career that meant anything. We let him go, no one wanted him in FA and he signed with the niners for $1 mil.  Then he was gone. He was dominant in the Pats playoff game. If you can find any details on that one please let me know. 

Tannenbaum vastly overpaid Holmes.  Fact is...nobody was seriously competing with Jets to sign Holmes.  I thought Tanny could've signed both Edwards and Holmes for the amount of that contract.  Also...that DUI could've been a factor in not vigorously pursuing him.  So Edwards ended up going to 49ers.  Hurt his knee.  Got it arthroscoped...and was never the same again.

Good news though.  IMO Mims is a superior Braylon Edwards.  Very good on backdoors and fades.  Makes acrobatic catches all over the field.  And can catch it 50 yards downfield on the fly.  Fierce blocker for the run game.  Performed some impressive route running at the Senior Bowl practices. 

I'm really excited to see what Mims can do with Darnold and this offense.  

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, GreenReaper said:

Tannenbaum vastly overpaid Holmes.  Fact is...nobody was seriously competing with Jets to sign Holmes.  I thought Tanny could've signed both Edwards and Holmes for the amount of that contract.  Also...that DUI could've been a factor in not vigorously pursuing him.  So Edwards ended up going to 49ers.  Hurt his knee.  Got it arthroscoped...and was never the same again.

Good news though.  IMO Mims is a superior Braylon Edwards.  Very good on backdoors and fades.  Makes acrobatic catches all over the field.  And can catch it 50 yards downfield on the fly.  Fierce blocker for the run game.  Performed some impressive route running at the Senior Bowl practices. 

I'm really excited to see what Mims can do with Darnold and this offense.  

I wanted both Edwards and Holmes back, but if he ended up hurting his knee anyway, then it wouldn't have really changed anything. 

On 5/6/2020 at 11:04 AM, Lith said:

This is one game that is indelibly etched in my memory.  8 hour drive from Illinois to Pittsburgh.  Not gonna say I expected us to win, been a Jet fan too long for that, but I really thought we had the better team and we had a great chance. 

Sitting in the stands as we fell behind early just completely sucked the life out of me.  Both sides of the ball playing like crap while we fell behind 24-3.  Defense couldn't stop the run and offense could not move the ball.  At the time of the strip-sack with about a minute left in the half, I think we had 3 first downs (2 by penalty), and Sanchez had completed 3 passes for 24 yards.  Entire team no showed until half time.

Have not quite gotten over that loss yet.

And yet people still want to call Sanchez a good/very good playoff QB.  Come the f**k on.  

• Upvote 1

On 5/6/2020 at 3:38 PM, slimjasi said:

Geno was a good shot to take.  Best QB prospect in a weak QB year in the 2nd round, 3-year starter who had a monster senior season....he checked several boxes.  He was worth a shot.  

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And yet people still want to call Sanchez a good/very good playoff QB.  Come the f**k on.  

I think he had some very good moments in the playoffs, but I think the notion of "good playoff QB" is overrated in general. The playoffs are a tiny sample size and a lot of success/failure depends on the overall momentum of the team. 

You could say Sanchez was a "better playoff QB" than Peyton Manning or Dan Marino if you wanted to, but you are drafting either guy over Sanchez 1,000 out of 1,000 times. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

He was a bad QB. His heroics were because we hadn't scored points all game. It's bizarre to me that Sanchez, who has never at any point on any team been good or productive with any level of consistency, still has his defenders here.

For a bad QB, he was actually pretty clutch at times. That's basically all you can say about him.

Or....

Mark Sanchez was the best young prospect the Jets have ever seen and the Jets ruined him.  If they were planning to ruin him they couldn't have done it any better.  No consistent set of WR's to grow with, eroding ground game, all picks spent on the D, all free agents of merit spent on D, Tony Sporano as OC, Clyde Gates and Chaz Schillens as WR's, Tim Tebow to mind f-ck him, Rex to get his shoulder blown out.

Vinny Testaverde was on the Jets for 6 years, made 2 playoff appearances, was 1-2 in the postseason.  In 2000, his lousy play made the Jets the only NFL team to open a season 6-1 and miss the playoffs, throwing 25 interceptions [We ran Fitzpatrick out of town for throwing 17].

Chad Pennington sucked.  Averaged 7 starts a year in an 8 year career.  2-3 in the postseason.  Pathetic.

Mark Sanchez was on the Jets for 4 years, made 2 playoff appearances, was 4-2 in the postseason.  Has the highest QBR in Jets postseason history.  Was the best Jet on the field in consecutive AFC Championship Games.  Played well enough to lead us to the Super Bowl.  Twice.

Add it all up, it's Namath and Sanchez, no other Jets quarterback was worth a damn.  Vinny may have played the "local hero" and Chad may have played the "cuddly leader" but neither was any good.  If you want to look at single seasons, perhaps '98 and '02 are on the Jets Mount Rushmore along with '09 and '10, but their collective careers were massive turds and time wasters.  Sanchez too, by the way.  But he was the best of the 3 of them, if that matters.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

3 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

And like you say in the first paragraph, his "clutch" moments were only necessary because he put the team in a huge hole in 1st half of a lot of games anyways.  The defense then gave Sanchez a chance by keeping the team in nearly every game.

For every "clutch" moment Sanchez had in his career, there were a bunch of games like these where the defense were the real heroes and Sanchez found a way to lose anyways:

• Week 6:  Bills 16, Jets 13.  Jets rush for 318 yards on offense and still lose, thanks to Sanchez's 5 INT's.
  • Week 15:  Falcons 10, Jets 7.  Defense only allows 12 first downs and 7/18 on 3rd down conversions.  Sanchez with 3 INT's.  (I was at this game)

• Week 1:  Ravens 10, Jets 9.  The defense forces 3 turnovers.  Tomlinson, Greene and Brad Smith combine for 107 yards on 18 carries (5.9 ypc).  Jets still lose in their home opener and first game in MetLife thanks to Sanchez going 10-21 for a measly 74 yards.
  • Week 8:  Packers 9, Jets 0.  Defense holds Aaron Rodgers to meager numbers (15-34, 170 yds, 0 TDs, 2 sacks).  Jets still lose at home thanks to 2 INTs by Sanchez and a 43.3 QB Rating.  
  • Week 14:  Dolphins 10, Jets 6.  Defense sacks Chad Henne 5 times and force 3 Miami turnovers.  Its not enough, as Sanchez completes just 17 of 44 throws (38.6 %), gets picked once and loses a fumble.  

• Week 11:  Broncos 17, Jets 13.  The infamous Tim Tebow game, a game in which the Jets defense received far too much blame.  The defense allowed just 11 first downs all evening.  Sanchez had a pick and was sacked 3 times.  And no, those sacks were not primarily the fault of the Offensive Line.
  • Week 17:  Dolphins 19, Jets 17.  The defense picks off 2 Matt Moore passes and holds Miami to just 4 third down conversions.  Not to be outdone, Sanchez throws 3 picks and the infamous mutiny occurs in the huddle in the 4th quarter.

• Week 15:  Titans 14, Jets 10.  5 offensive turnovers for the Jets.  All 5 belonging to Sanchez (4 INT's, 1 fumble lost).  Enough said.  

There were also games where the Jets barely won thanks entirely to the defense and/or running game:

• Week 12:  Jets 17, Panthers 6.  Sanchez gets picked once and sacked 3 times.  Meanwhile, the defense picks off 4 Jake Delhomme passes, including a Revis pick 6.  
  • Week 16:  Jets 29, Colts 15.  Sanchez goes 12-19 for just 106 yards, allowing 2 sacks.  Thomas Jones and Greene combine for 200 yards and a TD.  

• Week 5:  Jets 29, Vikings 20.  Sanchez completes just 21 of 44 (47.7 %) for 191 yards, with 0 TDs and 2 sacks allowed.  LT and Greene combine to rack up 151 yards on 30 carries (5.0 ypc), and the defense forces 3 turnovers, including a pick 6 by Dwight Lowery.  
  • Wild Card Round:  Jets 17, Colts 16.  Sanchez goes 18-31 for 189 yards and 1 INT.  The defense holds Peyton Manning to just 225 passing yards, including just 16 first downs.  LT and Greene combine for 152 yards on 35 carries (4.3 ypc).  The repeated pounding of the rock leads to the Jets having possession for over 33 minutes.

• Week 13:  Jets 7, Cardinals 6.  Sanchez throws for only 97 yards and gets picked 3 times.  Greene and Powell combine for 162 yards on 36 carries (4.5 ypc).  The defense holds the AZ offense to just 5 first downs and pick off a pass.  The only TD of the game, and the game-winner, comes on a Greg McElroy throw in relief.  
  • Week 14:  Jets 17, Jaguars 10.  Sanchez goes 12-19 for 111 yards, is sacked once and loses a fumble.  Greene and Powell combine for 155 yards and 2 TD's, while the defense picks off Henne twice and sacks him 3 times.  

That's 14 games where Sanchez was dogsh*t and should have caused the team to go 0-14.  By some miracle they went 6-8 in those games.  I defy you to find anything close to 14 times where Sanchez was "clutch".  

Sanchez sucked.  

CC:  @SAR I @nyjunc

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Or....

Mark Sanchez was the best young prospect the Jets have ever seen and the Jets ruined him. 

You mean when they surrounded him with the # 1 defense and best Offensive Line in the game for his first 2 seasons?

If he couldn't succeed once the training wheels came off, that's on Sanchez.  A QB who needs a perfect roster around him at all times in order to succeed is a failure of a QB.  Period.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And like you say in the first paragraph, his "clutch" moments were only necessary because he put the team in a huge hole in 1st half of a lot of games anyways.  The defense then gave Sanchez a chance by keeping the team in nearly every game.

For every "clutch" moment Sanchez had in his career, there were a bunch of games like these where the defense were the real heroes and Sanchez found a way to lose anyways:

• Week 6:  Bills 16, Jets 13.  Jets rush for 318 yards on offense and still lose, thanks to Sanchez's 5 INT's.
  • Week 15:  Falcons 10, Jets 7.  Defense only allows 12 first downs and 7/18 on 3rd down conversions.  Sanchez with 3 INT's.  (I was at this game)

• Week 1:  Ravens 10, Jets 9.  The defense forces 3 turnovers.  Tomlinson, Greene and Brad Smith combine for 107 yards on 18 carries (5.9 ypc).  Jets still lose in their home opener and first game in MetLife thanks to Sanchez going 10-21 for a measly 74 yards.
  • Week 8:  Packers 9, Jets 0.  Defense holds Aaron Rodgers to meager numbers (15-34, 170 yds, 0 TDs, 2 sacks).  Jets still lose at home thanks to 2 INTs by Sanchez and a 43.3 QB Rating.  
  • Week 14:  Dolphins 10, Jets 6.  Defense sacks Chad Henne 5 times and force 3 Miami turnovers.  Its not enough, as Sanchez completes just 17 of 44 throws (38.6 %), gets picked once and loses a fumble.  

• Week 11:  Broncos 17, Jets 13.  The infamous Tim Tebow game, a game in which the Jets defense received far too much blame.  The defense allowed just 11 first downs all evening.  Sanchez had a pick and was sacked 3 times.  And no, those sacks were not primarily the fault of the Offensive Line.
  • Week 17:  Dolphins 19, Jets 17.  The defense picks off 2 Matt Moore passes and holds Miami to just 4 third down conversions.  Not to be outdone, Sanchez throws 3 picks and the infamous mutiny is thrown in the huddle in the 4th quarter.

• Week 15:  Titans 14, Jets 10.  5 offensive turnovers for the Jets.  All 5 belonging to Sanchez (4 INT's, 1 fumble lost).  Enough said.  

There were also games where the Jets barely won thanks entirely to the defense and/or running game:

• Week 12:  Jets 17, Panthers 6.  Sanchez gets picked once and sacked 3 times.  Meanwhile, the defense picks off 4 Jake Delhomme passes, including a Revis pick 6.  
  • Week 16:  Jets 29, Colts 15.  Sanchez goes 12-19 for just 106 yards, allowing 2 sacks.  Thomas Jones and Greene combine for 200 yards and a TD.  

• Week 5:  Jets 29, Vikings 20.  Sanchez completes just 21 of 44 (47.7 %) for 191 yards, with 0 TDs and 2 sacks allowed.  LT and Greene combine to rack up 151 yards on 30 carries (5.0 ypc), and the defense forces 3 turnovers, including a pick 6 by Dwight Lowery.  
  • Wild Card Round:  Jets 17, Colts 16.  Sanchez goes 18-31 for 189 yards and 1 INT.  The defense holds Peyton Manning to just 225 passing yards, including just 16 first downs.  LT and Greene combine for 152 yards on 35 carries (4.3 ypc).  The repeated pounding of the rock leads to the Jets having possession for over 33 minutes.

• Week 13:  Jets 7, Cardinals 6.  Sanchez throws for only 97 yards and gets picked 3 times.  Greene and Powell combine for 162 yards on 36 carries (4.5 ypc).  The defense holds the AZ offense to just 5 first downs and pick off a pass.  The only TD of the game, and the game-winner, comes on a Greg McElroy throw in relief.  
  • Week 14:  Jets 17, Jaguars 10.  Sanchez goes 12-19 for 111 yards, is sacked once and loses a fumble.  Greene and Powell combine for 155 yards and 2 TD's, while the defense picks off Henne twice and sacks him 3 times.  

Sanchez sucked.  

2009 - Raw rookie, after slow 4-6 start leads the Jets to a 7-2 finish including 2 road playoff wins.  Is the best Jet on the field in the AFC Championship Game.

2010 - Leads the Jets to a 9-2 start, singlehandedly leads 5 fourth quarter comebacks turning a 6-10 season into 11-5.  Wins 2 more road playoff games including a decisive game in Foxboro, the only playoff win over the Patriots in 30 years.  Is the best Jet on the field in the AFC Championship Game, again.

2011 - Leads the Jets to an 8-5 record with 3 easy games to play before Victor Cruz goes 99 against Rex Ryan's fading defense and ends the Jets for good.

2012 - Tony Sporano, worst OC in the history of the NFL.  Chaz Schillens.  Clyde Gates.  Tim Tebow.

2013 - Rex Ryan ruins his shoulder.

The Jets mishandling of Mark Sanchez is the worst event in Jets history but its swept under the rug by haters.

SAR I

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You mean when they surrounded him with the # 1 defense and best Offensive Line in the game for his first 2 seasons?

If he couldn't succeed once the training wheels came off, that's on Sanchez.  A QB who needs a perfect roster around him at all times in order to succeed is a failure of a QB.  Period.  

A good OL with no WR's doesn't help a quarterback at all.  It helped the running game.  You remember?  Ground & Pound, all that Rex ever cared about.

Tony Sporano, Chaz Schillens, Clyde Gates, Stephen Hill, Tim Tebow.  Please.

SAR I

35 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

• Week 17:  Dolphins 19, Jets 17.  The defense picks off 2 Matt Moore passes and holds Miami to just 4 third down conversions.  Not to be outdone, Sanchez throws 3 picks and the infamous mutiny occurs in the huddle in the 4th quarter.

That's 14 games where Sanchez was dogsh*t and should have caused the team to go 0-14.  By some miracle they went 6-8 in those games.  I defy you to find anything close to 14 times where Sanchez was "clutch".  

Sanchez sucked.  

barack obama mic drop GIF

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

38 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Sanchez sucked.  

2009 vs bills- no excuses, he sucked.

2009 vs falcons, very windy day. Both offenses sucked but of course with the game on the line the Jets D allowed ATL to melt right through them for the win.

2010 vs Bal.  Ravens hold ball for 40 mints, convert about 7 3rd and ridiculously longs

2010 vs GB: another weather game, both offenses sucked. Was credited with 2 INTs that weren't actually turnovers and if they were should have been credited as fumbles.

2010 vs Mia.  Lose by 4, the difference was a dropped TD by Holmes on a perfect throw.

2010 vs Minnesota- game was played in a monsoon.  2nd yr QB doesn't turn it over, the great Brett favre throws late pick 6 to seal it for the Jets.

2010 WC- leads Jets to 17 2nd half pts including GW drive after colts choke artist fails yet again.

2011 at miami, meaningless game after D blew Philly and Giants games.

I don't care about 2012, with Jets up in 3rd D allows 12 1/2 minute TD drive for 95 yards to Matt Moore.

2009 at Miami, leads O to 27 and they lose to Chad henne

2009 vs Jax, leads late drive to take lead and D immediately blows it.

2009 AFC championship game, gonna D 11 point lead. D blows it

2010 D torched by awful Denver team, leads last minute win

2010 at Detroit, leads team back from. 10 down with 4 minutes left. Doesn't give det ball in OT.

2010 at Cle- 3 missed FGs keep it close, D allowed Colt McCoy to lead late TD drive u sent to OT.  Wins in OT on pass to Holmes.

2010 vs Hou- D blows 23-7 4th qtr lead, leads one if greatest drives in team history for win

2010 leads O to 27 at Chi and they lose.

2010 AFC championship game, beings team back from 24-0 to 24-19.  D has 3 minutes and 3 TOs, they allow Pitt to run out clock.

2011 leads O to 24 at oak, they lose

2011 at 8-5 D gets torched by Philly, allowed 99 yd TD to mediocre QB to change game and season vs NYG then allows almost 13 minute TD drive up Matt Moore.