Quincy Enunwa news

6 minutes ago, fullblast said:

How does the PUP list work? I thought players put on the list were eligible to come off partway through the season. Cimini seems to suggest that it's a season-ending designation. Which is correct?

I think there are two types of PUP.  Reserve PUP and active PUP.  Not sure exactly how it works, but it sounds like you can return from Active PUP, but not reserve PUP.  Not sure wht the advantage is of putting them on reserve PUP now is.  I am seeing a lot of reports similar to this saying his season is done.

Going on the PUP doesn't mean you can't come off the PUP.  Doesn't necessarily mean anything more than they are injured right now and can't fully participate in team activities - save a couple of roster spots in the short term.  

EDIT: I missed the "season ending" part, my bad

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Can we get out of his contract? 

Not for 2020.  2020 salary was guaranteed for injury; became fully guaranteed in March.  Not sure what the cap impact would be to cutting him after this season.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, fullblast said:

How does the PUP list work? I thought players put on the list were eligible to come off partway through the season. Cimini seems to suggest that it's a season-ending designation. Which is correct?

Big MAC

22 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Can we get out of his contract? 

Not until he is cleared to play. His contract is guaranteed against injury (thanks to McMoron). So, if he isn't cleared to play, the Jets can't cut him. Most likely they will work out an injury settlement and let him retire.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

This might have been done now to give the Jets more flexiblity with the salary cap through training camp.

Prior to week one of the season, only the top 51 highest salaries count toward the cap.  Players on the PUP list are not included in that "top 51" calculation.  If they remain on PUP for week 1 - then the salaries will count - but not until then.

This gives them just a little more time to bring in guys to compete for roster spots.

This makes sense, there had to be a reason why this was done now.