What about the Players?

Challenge is it will probably be a decade or more before it's "100% safe for everyone" 

At some point life has to move on - what level of "safe" seems to be a personal point of debate and will change over time - especially with allergy and flu seasons coming soon - sneeze and go directly to jail

On 5/5/2020 at 9:34 PM, Lil O said:

Kareem Jackson the strong safety for the Denver Broncos said during an interview that it didn’t make sense to play games unless it was 100% safe for everyone. He also said that playing games without fans in the stadium would be like practice. That it didn’t make sense. And he said some other players that he spoke to felt the same way. So that brings me to my question.  With all of the talk about what the NFL is planning, and what the owners are saying, what about the players and the NFLPA?  There are numerous plans in place to make sure we have a season, but I am very curious how the players feel.  Will this turn into a season where players who can afford to miss a season, the top paid and smartest with their money, will be replaced with lesser paid backups?  I know the NFL is a business and money talks, but I’m not so sure if it puts a man’s family at risk.  I have no idea what is going to happen....thoughts?

Union or not do any of our bosses care when they put us in harms way to make their money. I work 24x7x7 and virtually never get vacation time, which can kill you just like COVID-19, only slower and probably with more suffering, but I am sure my bosses could give 2 sh^ts.

Even if there are no fans in the stands it would depend on the players doing serious social distancing. They would have to change their life styles. Like no hooking up, partying, etc. Very little contact with people outside the team. And there will be maintenance people, bus drivers, airports, etc.  The less travel of course the safer. And if they have kids and a family they'd have to be doing the same thing, too. Even if tested every day well with that many people you'd expect some positives. With football there are more players and more contacts. It's a physical game even with gear. In basketball fewer players but even more up close physical contact and without gear. And they already had players test positive in the NBA.  I really don't see any team sport where you will not get those problems. If not in personal lives on the field. But it sounds like the owners are going to play anyways probably with no fans. If they do it I hope it works but probably a one year hiatus is the smartest course.