Colin predicts the AFC division

2 hours ago, Wonderboy said:

Jets will WIN the AFC.  Our defense is better. Our offense is way better. Sam has matured.  We've got some nice new weapons. This offense will be like night and day from last year.  Bell will come out swinging.  He  now has an OL to run behind.  Whether he lost a step or not is irrelevant.  He's always been a patient runner. Speed has never been his forte.  He has Gore and Perine to lessen his workload.  GW has a year under his belt with these guys and will only utilize them better, not to mention an upgraded secondary and a possible pass rush.  And Gase cant be as predictable as last year.  There's no reason we shouldn't make the playoffs in a watered down AFC.  How far we'll go? That's another question. But I can see this team making significant progress and surprising many.

On the money, I look what Douglas has done in one off season, and he’s plugged a lot of holes. The draft looks good, I think we have a great chance. I’m just wondering if N.E are tanking for Trevor Lawrence?

• Upvote 2

I think he was close.  I can see where some are going to roast me for this but:

Buffalo wins the division with margin. (10)

Jets ceiling here is second. (9)

I see the Patriots coming in third only because of the coaching. (7)

Miami is a cluster$@#&. (4)

7 hours ago, Nixhead said:

I like Colin. Anyone National who picks the Jets for a playoff spot in my book is my friend. No seriously Colin is entertaining and fairly reasonable. 

I have no idea how people bash Cowherd as they tune in every morning to insufferable dickbags like Stephen A/Max Kellerman and Skip/Shannon.

I’d rather take an ice pick to my scrotum than listen to those clowns for a single segment.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

It really would be nice to have some meaningful games in December.

Most people are picking the Bills this year, but they were only a Wild Card team last year, it's not like they're a powerhouse. New England and Miami? Who knows with them this season?

We have a shot. Good defense, just need the offense to take it up to another level. Last year wasn't very good for the O, and you have to figure it will be better than that. Can't be just "a little better" though if we want to make some noise.

Considering the season isn’t starting till November pretty sure all the December games will be meaningful. 

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, GreenReaper said:

The AFCE will be a highly competitive black 'n blue division.  Jets have a legit shot to take it.  It's the easiest route to the playoffs.  The W-L record won't matter.

Just win it baby!

11-5 Jets
8-8 Patriots
7-9 Bills
4-12 Fins

It's not going to be competitive at all.

SAR I

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

8 hours ago, Wonderboy said:

Jets will WIN the AFC.  Our defense is better. Our offense is way better. Sam has matured.  We've got some nice new weapons. This offense will be like night and day from last year.  Bell will come out swinging.  He  now has an OL to run behind.  Whether he lost a step or not is irrelevant.  He's always been a patient runner. Speed has never been his forte.  He has Gore and Perine to lessen his workload.  GW has a year under his belt with these guys and will only utilize them better, not to mention an upgraded secondary and a possible pass rush.  And Gase cant be as predictable as last year.  There's no reason we shouldn't make the playoffs in a watered down AFC.  How far we'll go? That's another question. But I can see this team making significant progress and surprising many.

jetschamps.jpg

I'm handing these out a little early this year.  It's adjustable, so it should fit.

SAR I

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

hug.gif

happytrain.jpg

Come on, ride the train, hey, ride it
Ah, ah, ah, ah, ah
I think I can, I think I can, I think I can, I think I can
Ah, ah, ah, ah, ah
I think I can, I think I can, I think I can, I think I can
Way deep down south, where we play this game
It's them Quad City DJs and you, we call it the train
So if you wanna ride your thing
Just come on down the train
We gonna rock, ooh, Lord, just jump aboard, baby
So get your next of kin, your sister and your friend
Pack it up now
Choo, choo, ride on this, choo, choo
And, boo, you need to stop faking, and come on with me

SAR I
  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

The Jets and Bills are relatively close in terms of the overall roster (the Bills are 1 year ahead and separate from us with White & Diggs).... BUT QB is the great equalizer and there are very few out there who would take Allen over Darnold. So if that holds true, it should be a tight race at the top of the AFC East

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ghost_in_pads02 said:

Wait the Bill's and jets are relatively close? The jets have displayed to have a good/great defense now?

The Jets had a top 10 defense and 2nd best run defense in the league last year... they only got better by adding players as well as gaining more experience and tutelage in Gregg’s scheme. Yes. They have top 5 ability and are a good/great defense.

offense is the big question mark.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, BigRy56 said:

and there are very few out there who would take Allen over Darnold.

This isn’t true. You should see every fan base’s opinion on Darnold vs Allen. It’s not what you would think. Fans across most social media platforms prefer Allen over Darnold by a large margin. Jet fans and a few TV guys/analysts are the only ones that think Darnold > Allen.

the Bills won double digit games last year and made a playoff appearance. Josh Allen gets people fantasy points. Fan’s notice. He’s become the 2nd best of 18’  in many people’s eyes.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

11-5 Jets
8-8 Patriots
7-9 Bills
4-12 Fins

It's not going to be competitive at all.

SAR I

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

hug.gif

I will never disagree with one of @SAR I's predictions.

Somehow, no matter what the actual final scores are, he's going to convince us all we were really 11-5 anyway. ?

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

This isn’t true. You should see every fan base’s opinion on Darnold vs Allen. It’s not what you would think. Fans across most social media platforms prefer Allen over Darnold by a large margin. Jet fans and a few TV guys/analysts are the only ones that think Darnold > Allen.

the Bills won double digit games last year and made a playoff appearance. Josh Allen gets people fantasy points. Fan’s notice. He’s become the 2nd best of 18’  in many people’s eyes.

Darnold>>>>Allen

• Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, maury77 said:

Why is everyone so high on Buffalo? Jets barely lost to them in last year's opener with Darnold playing with mono and Kaare Vedvik missing kicks that were the difference in the score. 

And they played the same weak schedule we faced. The only team the bills beat with a winning record last year was the Titans who were 9-7. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1