With Enunwa gone

5 hours ago, Aaron Hernandez said:

Mims who I said on my real account I had rated with Jeudy and Lamb. I said it here after the first round that I had them as my top 3. We got him, Perriman is basically a faster Robby. We also got Herndon back with a better line also

Why aren't you posting from your real account? 

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

Well, start with the fact that the team had 3100 passing yards and 1200 of it just walked to be replaced with a rookie, two busts, and some UDFA.  I like Mims and understand the Perriman signing.  OTOH, rookies are rookies and Perriman is on his 4th team in 4 years and averages 400 yards per season.  There is a pretty good chance that we are getting Robby Anderson speed and Demaryius Thomas production.

I okay with the moves and I am fairly optimistic, but I fully understand people having questions about this group.

This is kinda where I'm at. With Crowder, Bell, Herndon, and Griffin, I feel like Darnold has plenty of underneath/check-down targets available, and it'll be up to Perriman and Mims to earn their opportunities. I'm cautiously optimistic with Perriman finishing on a high note last year, and that perhaps he came along with the increased workload. I have to be, because he's their default #1 right now. Mims is the WR I wanted in the draft, so I feel pretty good about him contributing as a rookie, too. In fact, he's really the only genuine opportunity for the Jets WRs to be better than they were last year, and that's hoping that Perriman for Anderson is a wash. After that, you're hoping for a surprise from Doctson, Smith, Cager, or Campbell. That's a lot of hope. 

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

The fact is if Anderson played on Cleveland behind Landry or Tampa behind Evans , he more than likely is not putting up the same numbers as he does on the Jets where he was the only big play WR on the team. Is Perriman any good. It's  not likely but that is not my point. Andersons numbers are inflated on the Jets because Sam and McKown had no other options.

And I doubt very much Cleveland traded for OBJ because of Perriman. They thought they were a playoff team and they were loading up. 

+ Quincy was always hurt. Robby was literally the only target. I think Jericho Cotchery was a better overall WR compared to Robby, & he was a #3 here behind Edwards & Holmes. 

10 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

A washed up Brandon Marshall coming off a 1500 yard season. You're mentioning Chrebet going up against a rookie Keyshawn Johnson. Neither guy exactly in their prime. Still a totally meaningless point to begin with that does nothing to dispute the idea of Robbie earning a roster spot. Perriman failed to beat out anyone in Baltimore and Washington despite costing the former a first round pick. 

The fact that he wasn't up against Jerry Rice and Randy Moss doesn't take away from the fact that he beat out and outproduced NFL vets. If it was so f*cking simple to go get 950 yards and 7 TD's in the NFL we'd all be doing it, Breshad Perriman included. 

Look, if you want to believe Andersonnis a true #1 and he would have excelled in the exact same circumstances that Perriman experienced, that is your right. I don't  agree. Anderson became a #1 by default. That is my opinion.

Mims and Perriman have more potential than Robby and Thomas. I wouldn’t say they are better though. We really don’t know what we have at WR.

I prefer our current WRs though. Compared to last year, we’re better at TE, LT (I have no doubt Becton will be better than Beachum) and OC. We hopefully will be better at RT and RG. 

The offense (should) be a lot better because of how much better the offensive line (should) be. 

The WRs are the obvious question mark. There is plenty of physical potential there, but basically no proven commodities outside of Crowder (who has had injury issues in the past). 

I still think we desperately need another veteran WR. 

40 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

The fact is if Anderson played on Cleveland behind Landry or Tampa behind Evans , he more than likely is not putting up the same numbers as he does on the Jets where he was the only big play WR on the team. Is Perriman any good. It's  not likely but that is not my point. Andersons numbers are inflated on the Jets because Sam and McKown had no other options.

And I doubt very much Cleveland traded for OBJ because of Perriman. They thought they were a playoff team and they were loading up. 

Anderson wouldn't have played "behind" Landry or Evans.  He would have played next to them and their drawing coverage would have helped Anderson get open.  I don't think Cleveland traded for Beckham because of Perriman.  You literally acted like it was impossible for Perriman to succeed there because of Landry, but the team knew they needed WR help so much that they went out and got Beckham.  Both players put up 1000 yard seasons, so I guess Landry being there wasn't the issue.

36 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Exactly! Do you think Robby would be the #1 in Tampa with Evans? Robby just got lucky that Maccagnan drafted TERRIBLY at the WR position, along with Idzik. Robby never even had competition here, most of them barely got out of camp before they were cut! Jalen Saunders, Shaq Evans, Quincy, Charone Peake, Ardarius Stewart, Chad Hansen.

I mean seriously, Robby Anderson should kiss Maccs rings, he's probably 75% responsible for Robbys contract he got from Carolina. He was a #2 WR who got to play #1 & get targeted way more than he should of. Yes, he took advantage of his opportunity but I'm very happy JD did not match that contract & decided to revamp his WR core.

35 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

The fact that you mentioned Chrebet as a comparion just shows you have limited knowledge on the subject. Chrebet was on the same team as KJ and he excelled with one of the better WR in the NFL on the same roster. Anderson was never in this position. A d btw, we had a bunch of crap in camp with WC ss well. Thst isn't  to say Chrebet wasn't  great, he qss a third down conversion machine who was so good, even Kotite noticed. 

28 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Yeah, he came into the league with a washed up Brandon Marshall, so what? The only reason Marshall had such a good first sesson here was because  he played opposite  Decker. Once Decker was hurt, Marshall showed how broken he was. Getting on a team with a #1 WR on the wrong side of 30 is not the same thing as what Chrebet did. 

These is so much contradictory logic in these posts that I don't know where to start.  Anderson only had decent stats because he was the only WR.  Perriman only failed because he had good players in front/next to him.  Yet, Keyshawn Johnson helped Chrebet.  Decker helped Marshall.  I get guys not loving what Anderson could do, but I don't see why anybody would then love Perriman.  You think Anderson runs a limited route tree?  Perriman isn't exactly  Jerry Rice out there 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

It's always funny how Jets Fans claim "Prospect #12" is REALLY rated as prospect #3, and maybe #1, after the Jets Draft them.

This has especially been the case with Mims, who has gone from a falling stone to better than Jeudy and Lamb in many Jets Fans eyes.

Sure hope you all are right.....

I'm on some dumb ass tablet and because I suck with technology I don't have the password to my login. I got this when I put in my email. I must have made it when he killed some dudes. I legit said this after day one. Well before we drafted him. My normal account is SayNoToDMC. I'll show it to you if my laptop charger ever shows up in the mail

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Barton said:

This WR corps and offensive cast is so bad its laughable. Are we really gonna throw Darnold into the fire again with George frickin Fant and a rookie left tackle, to pair with a former 1st rd bust and a 2nd rd unproven player on the outside at WR?? Good lord. 

I doubt we will see Becton starting at LT.  Probably Fant at LT and Beckton at RT.  Who knows how long.  Perhaps the entire season.  Beckton has very little pass blocking experience even at the college level.  Playing LT takes a long time to learn.  Brick took three years before people stopped calling him a bust.  If they start Becton at LT,  Darnold wont make it past the first good edge rusher Beckton has to face...

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Anderson wouldn't have played "behind" Landry or Evans.  He would have played next to them and their drawing coverage would have helped Anderson get open.  I don't think Cleveland traded for Beckham because of Perriman.  You literally acted like it was impossible for Perriman to succeed there because of Landry, but the team knew they needed WR help so much that they went out and got Beckham.  Both players put up 1000 yard seasons, so I guess Landry being there wasn't the issue.

These is so much contradictory logic in these posts that I don't know where to start.  Anderson only had decent stats because he was the only WR.  Perriman only failed because he had good players in front/next to him.  Yet, Keyshawn Johnson helped Chrebet.  Decker helped Marshall.  I get guys not loving what Anderson could do, but I don't see why anybody would then love Perriman.  You think Anderson runs a limited route tree?  Perriman isn't exactly  Jerry Rice out there 

My point was Andrsons numbers here are inflated. He would not have gotten #1 WR targets in playing in Cleveland or Tampa and are you really comparing Anderson to OBJ?

Marshall was a #1 WR so yes, having Decker helps and vise a versa but where have I said Perriman was any good. What I am saying is Andersons numbers are inflated on the Jets.

If you want to drill down on it more, If Perriman was the only game in town on the Jets instead of Anderson, I think it's  likely he puts up similar numbers. There are long stretches  in A dersons career where he did nothing just like Perriman.  

13 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

My point was Andrsons numbers here are inflated. He would not have gotten #1 WR targets in playing in Cleveland or Tampa and are you really comparing Anderson to OBJ?

Marshall was a #1 WR so yes, having Decker helps and vise a versa but where have I said Perriman was any good. What I am saying is Andersons numbers are inflated on the Jets.

If you want to drill down on it more, If Perriman was the only game in town on the Jets instead of Anderson, I think it's  likely he puts up similar numbers. There are long stretches  in A dersons career where he did nothing just like Perriman.  

If that is your only point, fine.  OTOH, you said a bunch of stuff about Perriman that was flat our bullsh*t.

I never compared Anderson to OBJ.  I don't even see where you pulled that bullsh*t from in these posts.   Let me take you down the logic path.  You said that the reason Perriman did nothing in Cleveland was Landry.  I pointed out that the next year they got OBJ and both had over 1000 yards.  I don't see how Landry prevented Perriman from getting 400 yards.

I never complained about the Perriman signing.  In fact, I even suggested it before the end of last season.  I thought we'd be able to get him for much less, but he's here now, so go Breshad.  

5 hours ago, Barton said:

This WR corps and offensive cast is so bad its laughable. Are we really gonna throw Darnold into the fire again with George frickin Fant and a rookie left tackle, to pair with a former 1st rd bust and a 2nd rd unproven player on the outside at WR?? Good lord. 

Our OL is way better

We need to sign a veteran WR like Demariyus Thomas but I’m sure JD made an offer and he rejected it

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Barton said:

Whos the first round bust? Perriman? I think last year showed what he can do with the right scheme and opportunity.

14 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Our OL is way better

We need to sign a veteran WR like Demariyus Thomas but I’m sure JD made an offer and he rejected it

I think our WR group is improving. Robby would disappear during games anyway and he hardly did much across the middle without fumbling. I thought he was a tad overrated considering what he did when not going deep.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, TNJet said:

I think our WR group is improving. Robby would disappear during games anyway and he hardly did much across the middle without fumbling. I thought he was a tad overrated considering what he did when not going deep.

Yes, the guy who has 4 fumbles across 4 seasons "hardly did much across the middle without fumbling". You guys do realize that it takes less than a 20 second Google search to discount the BS flowing from your fingertips right? 

Also, Perriman isn't a first round bust because after being in the year 5 YEARS, he put together a stretch of 5 decent games. Also, let's totally discount the fact that Robby played 3 games last year with a High School Junior Varsity QB who couldn't complete more than 5 passes per game. 

Just have the cajones to come out and say you don't like Robby Anderson as a person and/or you are hurt he left and your fragile ego needs to pretend that Perriman will be our new lord and savior this year. It will make you all feel so much better to let it out! 

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

Yes, the guy who has 4 fumbles across 4 seasons "hardly did much across the middle without fumbling". You guys do realize that it takes less than a 20 second Google search to discount the BS flowing from your fingertips right? 

Also, Perriman isn't a first round bust because after being in the year 5 YEARS, he put together a stretch of 5 decent games. Also, let's totally discount the fact that Robby played 3 games last year with a High School Junior Varsity QB who couldn't complete more than 5 passes per game. 

Just have the cajones to come out and say you don't like Robby Anderson as a person and/or you are hurt he left and your fragile ego needs to pretend that Perriman will be our new lord and savior this year. It will make you all feel so much better to let it out! 

Ok. I don't like Robby as a person or a #1 wr. There ya go chief.

• Haha 3

Also important to note with the OL, it should improve the run game. Hopefully the run which was non existent last year, will open up the pass. IIRC Darnold was one of the worst play action QB’s last year, which makes sense because we couldn’t run the damn ball. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

46 minutes ago, TNJet said:

I wanted Robby back to and JD made a very reasonable offer he rejected so what are you going to do

If Herndon and Perriman stay healthy we will have a very good offense 

• Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

Also important to note with the OL, it should improve the run game. Hopefully the run which was non existent last year, will open up the pass. IIRC Darnold was one of the worst play action QB’s last year, which makes sense because we couldn’t run the damn ball. 

I’m sure Bell jizzed himself when we drafted Becton

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

I think the organization gave up on Chad Hansen too quickly. Not much of an opportunity given. Kid had good hands and good speed/height ratio. We could use him this year. Sam could've made this guy a play maker. Reminded me of Thielen.

5 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

I wanted Robby back to and JD made a very reasonable offer he rejected so what are you going to do

If Herndon and Perriman stay healthy we will have a very good offense 

Don't discount Griffin either. Defenses will sleep on him and he'll makem pay. Darnold already has cohesion.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

If that is your only point, fine.  OTOH, you said a bunch of stuff about Perriman that was flat our bullsh*t.

I never compared Anderson to OBJ.  I don't even see where you pulled that bullsh*t from in these posts.   Let me take you down the logic path.  You said that the reason Perriman did nothing in Cleveland was Landry.  I pointed out that the next year they got OBJ and both had over 1000 yards.  I don't see how Landry prevented Perriman from getting 400 yards.

I never complained about the Perriman signing.  In fact, I even suggested it before the end of last season.  I thought we'd be able to get him for much less, but he's here now, so go Breshad.  

Whatever man. If you think Anderson playing opposite Evans and Landry would not have similar number to Perriman, that is your opinion. I thiink a lot of people have a high opinion of Anderson because he had no competition  here and I mean zero. The Jets never even tried to sign a high profile FA like Cooks or Landry or OBJ let alone draft someone.  Let me say for the record there is no evidence  that would suggest Perriman even makes it out of camp but I  absolutely  do not think Anderson is more talented, I think they are practically  the same skill set except Perriman probably has a more complete route tree. 

1 minute ago, TNJet said:

Don't discount Griffin either. Defenses will sleep on him and he'll makem pay. Darnold already has cohesion.

He's good for 3-4 surprise TD bursts per season.  He did it in Houston too.  If Herndon can be a threat, I think Griffin will do his usual secondary role and be there primarily to protect and block with those occasional bonus plays.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Aaron Hernandez said:

Cause I'm an idiot and this was the first email I put in when trying to reset the password to my main account I forgot.

you set up an account with this user name back in 2013? Um.  why?

2 hours ago, TNJet said:

I think the organization gave up on Chad Hansen too quickly. Not much of an opportunity given. Kid had good hands and good speed/height ratio. We could use him this year. Sam could've made this guy a play maker. Reminded me of Thielen.

You think Perriman runs more complex routes than Anderson and Hansen reminded you of Thielen?  Bold claims.  We gave up on Hansen too early?  Sure, us New England, Tennessee, New Orleans and Denver.  Maybe Watson can make him a play maker.  He is not big and he is not fast which leaves him as a slot only guy that adds nothing on specials.  That leaves him well behind Berrios.  He has excellent agility times, but call me when he ends up with as many NFL receptions as Clyde Gates. or David Clowney.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

I din't like Anderson on the field, in my view his skillset was and always has been far too limited.  

And no, I don't like what I've read about Anderson off the field either.  

Our new well-regarding young GM clearly didn't think he was worth the asking price, and on that, I agree with him.

He is a Carolina Panther now, so the only fans he matters to are Carolina Panthers Fans.  Time to move on.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

You think Perriman run more complex routes than Anderson and Hansen reminded you of Thielen?  Bold claims.  We gave up on Hansen too early?  Sure, us New England, Tennessee, New Orleans and Denver.  Maybe Watson can make him a play maker.  He is not big and he is not fast which leaves him as a slot only guy that adds nothing on specials.  That leaves him well behind Berrios.  He has excellent agility times, but call me when he ends up with as many NFL receptions as Clyde Gates. or David Clowney.

He could've done anything Berrios or Smith will do this season. Thats my point.

10 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Whatever man. If you think Anderson playing opposite Evans and Landry would not have similar number to Perriman, that is your opinion. I thiink a lot of people have a high opinion of Anderson because he had no competition  here and I mean zero. The Jets never even tried to sign a high profile FA like Cooks or Landry or OBJ let alone draft someone.  Let me say for the record there is no evidence  that would suggest Perriman even makes it out of camp but I  absolutely  do not think Anderson is more talented, I think they are practically  the same skill set except Perriman probably has a more complete route tree. 

It may be semantics, but FWIW, Landry and OBJ were never high profile free agents.  They were trades.  Landry was tagged and traded and OBJ signed a huge deal with the Giants and was traded the following offseeason. Cooks has been traded three times, but he has never actually been a free agent.  

3 minutes ago, TNJet said:

He could've done anything Berrios or Smith will do this season. Thats my point.

This shows absolutely no knowledge of football.  He can't return punts, so he does not sniff the value of Berrios.  He runs a 4.54, so he can't clear a zone or take the top off the way that Smith does.  You think Perriman is good because he is fast, but then you want to say Hansen can do when Smith can do?  Hansen is fairly slow and quick.  He is ill suited to the outside.  Perriman can do anything that Smith can do, not Hansen.  Unless you are talking about Jeff Smith, but in that case, probably the same.

• Thumb Down 1

5 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Our new well-regarding young GM clearly didn't think he was worth the asking price, and on that, I agree with him.

Maybe he didn't want to sign here because our offense sucks.  Most accounts showed Douglas offering 4/$40M, but Anderson didn't want to lock himself in at that price. The question of if he made a mistake will mostly play out based on the economic impact of the covid situation.  Many people thought the cap would skyrocket for 2021, but now it may actually go down.

6 hours ago, BUM-KNEE said:

If I'm being honest, I'm less concerned about our WR group this year than I was last year. If Perriman can replicate 75% of Robbies production and Mims contributes we are better off than last season.

My concern is if Herndon can come back in and be the TE we envisioned. If he does, than I'm fine with our weapons this year.

75% of RA's production would be about 37 ypg and a touchdown every 5 games.

I know some here think those numbers are impossible, but it's not the bar some here think he has to reach . . .

12 minutes ago, OCCH23 said:

75% of RA's production would be about 37 ypg and a touchdown every 5 games.

I know some here think those numbers are impossible, but it's not the bar some here think he has to reach . . .

Yeah I want to see him do well here. 

27 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

It may be semantics, but FWIW, Landry and OBJ were never high profile free agents.  They were trades.  Landry was tagged and traded and OBJ signed a huge deal with the Giants and was traded the following offseeason. Cooks has been traded three times, but he has never actually been a free agent.  

I stand corrected. The Jets never tried to trade for one

• Haha 1