With Enunwa gone

3 hours ago, Warfish said:

I think there is a "new hotness" bias amongst fans.

Are 4th, 5th, 6th or 7th round, 20+ rated WR prospects REALLY better than existing NFL FA prospects?  I'm not convinced that they are.

Sure, another WR we can "HYPE" over would have been nice......if the top WR's 16 hadn't all been long gone by the start of the 4th round.

Would a Gandy-Golden or another of the rated 17th or lower WR's have been a good choice?  I honestly don't know, I guess we'll see. 

We have a history of Fan Love Fests here with UDFA WR's, and more than a fair share of them who stuck, so many the UDFA's we picked up will help fill that gap.

Clearly, Douglas was in a "fix ALL the things to some degree" mode this draft cycle.  You cannot take a low talent and thin team and make in chock full of talent and deep everywhere in one offseason.  Something had to wait, and it looks like #4+ WR was where we decided to wait.

Me, I'd have taken Jeudy #11 and Mims #48, and then drafted nothing but O-linemen the rest of the way with maybe Hall at CB later on.  Clearly douglas felt very differently, same way HE clearly didn't think we needed a Center as much as I thought we did.  He passed on every one multiple times, so I hope our Center doesn't suck in 2020.

If Mims is a legit #1, we're probably ok.  Crowder is a solid #2/Slot guy.  The rest, #3 and #4 WR's, will simply have to sort themselves out come training camp.  Someone will shine, I think.

I feel really, really good about Mims' potential as a bona fide #1 receiver.  Problem is, it usually takes rookie WR's a while to get their footing.  By the time Mims does, the sun will be going down on our season.  I just hope there is enough elsewhere to help Darnold.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

Maybe he didn't want to sign here because our offense sucks.

Proof will be in the pudding:  Will the Jets Offense be better before or after the departure of Anderson.

And I think you're going to anger ALOT of Darnold fans, because lets face it, he literally IS our Offense.  If you're implying anderson left because he saw Teddy Bridgewater as a better bet than Sam Darnold, I think you might see a fair few negreps soon, Darnold fans don;t like talk like that in my experience, lol.

Wasn't there a thread on the most likely vet WRs to shake loose? With a large WR draft class there are going to be more vets shake loose than normal this year.  Jets should be fine if they are patient and choose wisely.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Jetster said:

I still can't believe Robbie Anderson was our #1 WR? So our starting WR never broke a tackle EVER! Perriman broke more tackles in the last 5 games of last year than Anderson broke in his Jet career. 

It can't only be about 3 deep ball TDs a year. Joe D agrees with me & that's why RA is in Carolina. 

I’m not mad we didn’t re-sign Robby. I’m just simply pointing out that the belief in here of Robby and Perriman being equal players just isn’t true. That’s why we need to add another quality option to the WR room

10 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

I didn’t say I don’t find the group better. A lot depends on Mims. It’s certainly a less proven group with more potential overall.

Anyone banking on Perriman’s last 6 games of 2019 being the norm in this offence is likely going to be disappointed. 

Well yeah, but that production would put him in the hall of fame discussion and maybe greatest season of all time by a WR if prorated over 16 games.  But say he does half of that production per game?  That would be better than Anderson and about 800-900 yds for the season.  If he does 60 percent he is an All Pro and 1000 plus yd receiver.  Id take that.