i just found out why we didnt draft Michael Pittman...

Thee ole “I’m pregnant prank on boyfriend” vlog gets me every time!!!

But seriously, what’s next, “I had a miscarriage prank on boyfriend” riot?!

The Earth is overpopulated.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, k-met57 said:

i am half kidding (really wanted him in the draft), but i prefer my football players more like Sam Darnold who thought going out on the town in the tri-state area was a chill's in Morristown...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVWJ9FP2igQzxsLYPo_J25g/videos

I don’t get it? You don’t like him because he has a YouTube channel?

2 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

I don’t get it? You don’t like him because he has a YouTube channel?

guy is not even a rookie yet and i am already questioning his focus....the great ones live and breathe football.... 

4 hours ago, varjet said:

There were people who thought he would be available in the third round.  

I think pretty much everyone had him there. It wasn't till two weeks before the draft that it became clear he would get taken in the 2nd.  I think very few ever thought he'd get taken before Mims and Shenault etc. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Warfish said:

We'll see.  I very much wanted Pittman in the 2nd. 

Mims was an after thought till he got hyped-up here on Draft Day.  Consolation prize, we'll see how he does.

Nobody thought Mims would be there that’s why he wasn’t thought of. He had a late first round grade on him. 

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

Nobody thought Mims would be there that’s why he wasn’t thought of. He had a late first round grade on him. 

Yeah, I think thats a story Jets fans are telling themselves.

Went and took a look at my Draft Preview mag, they had Mims rated 12th and going in the 4th.  So yeah...

• WTF? 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Yeah, I think thats a story Jets fans are telling themselves.

Went and took a look at my Draft Preview mag, they had Mims rated 12th and going in the 4th.  So yeah...

“Bovada is leaning pretty heavily toward Mims being a first-round pick. It's not hard to see why. The Baylor standout has the size (6-foot-3, 207 pounds) and natural athletic ability NFL teams covet in an outside wide receiver. He can catch just about anything (but doesn't always) and has great body control, particularly on 50-50 balls.”

Mims was -200 to be picked under 32.5 

Betting Outlook

Most draft analysts have Mims as either their fifth- or sixth-ranked wide receiver, and I expect at least six pass-catchers to come off the board on the draft's opening night. There are too many WR-needy teams between picks 21-31 to see Mims falling out of the first round. 

Cherry picking one of the 1,000,000 Draft comments, whoot.  I bet I could find someone ranking half the WR's "as a first rounder" if I tried.  Lindy's had him 8th amongst WR's online, and only a half-step above Pittman Jr. https://www.lindyssports.com/nfl/article/headline/2020-nfl-draft-top-150-big-board/505508/  And their physical Draft Guide magazine had him later than that.

Honestly, it makes absolutely no difference now, so don't get your panties all ruffled over it.  Draft "rank" stops mattering the millisecond after the player is picked.

He's a Jet now. 

He had better be a legit #1 WR. 

It's his play on the NFL field that matters.

• Thumb Down 1