i just found out why we didnt draft Michael Pittman...

17 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Cherry picking one of the 1,000,000 Draft comments, whoot.  I bet I could find someone ranking half the WR's "as a first rounder" if I tried.  Lindy's had him 8th amongst WR's online, and only a half-step above Pittman Jr. https://www.lindyssports.com/nfl/article/headline/2020-nfl-draft-top-150-big-board/505508/  And their physical Draft Guide magazine had him later than that.

Honestly, it makes absolutely no difference now, so don't get your panties all ruffled over it.  Draft "rank" stops mattering the millisecond after the player is picked.

He's a Jet now. 

He had better be a legit #1 WR. 

It's his play on the NFL field that matters.

You cherry picked a “draft mag”.  I took the top results I could find. I don’t see anything past the colts at 34, never mind a 4th round pick. My point is he was an after thought to many because he wasn’t supposed to be there. 

• Upvote 1

I actually watched a couple of his videos, I don't see anything wrong with it. He's chronicling his life, which is interesting because that's going to give access to fans.

We watched Nathan Shepard fishing in a pond or something for crying out loud.

I hope more and more players take this route. I like the inside views of players.

Also Mims>Pittman, although I liked both.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

49 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Cherry picking one of the 1,000,000 Draft comments, whoot.  I bet I could find someone ranking half the WR's "as a first rounder" if I tried.  Lindy's had him 8th amongst WR's online, and only a half-step above Pittman Jr. https://www.lindyssports.com/nfl/article/headline/2020-nfl-draft-top-150-big-board/505508/  And their physical Draft Guide magazine had him later than that.

Honestly, it makes absolutely no difference now, so don't get your panties all ruffled over it.  Draft "rank" stops mattering the millisecond after the player is picked.

He's a Jet now. 

I hope he's a WR1 within a year or two.  Finding one at #59 would be great..... but late 2nd rounders aren't always expected to be legit #1 WRs.  

23 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

For the record I was banging the table for Pittman but wasn’t going to get my hopes up I didn’t think he’d be there at 48 either 

After Round 1 and missing out on Aiyuk (the guy I really wanted in Round 2) I was perfectly fine getting any one of Higgins, Mims or Pittman.  When Higgins and Pittman disappeared in the first two picks of Round 2 I thought we were doomed.  When we passed on Mims at #48 I was stunned....but seeing Douglas get him at #59 simply confirmed that our GM really understands value, that he studied and game planned for the needs of the teams drafting behind him, and that he was willing to take a calculated risk that he could trade down and still get his guy.

This dude turned a single draft pick, the #48, into WR Denzel Mims, QB James Morgan, OT/OG Cameron Clark, and a 2021 6th Round pick.  Not too f'ing shabby!

• Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, Warfish said:

Yeah, I think thats a story Jets fans are telling themselves.

Went and took a look at my Draft Preview mag, they had Mims rated 12th and going in the 4th.  So yeah...

Dude, I've been balls deep in draft nonsense since October. Never have I heard anything about Mims being anything other than a 1st or second rd pick. This is complete hogwash.  
HOGWASH I SAY!

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Losmeister said:

No way. me n @GREENBEAN    were talking Mims/Higginsfor at least a month pre-draft.

Easily. Whatever rag @Warfish is using to support this bologna is one in a million. The idea that JN had anything to do with Mims being a quality WR is sewage. And I don't call things sewage very often. In. fact, I'm nit sure if I ever have. ?

4 hours ago, Warfish said:

He's a Jet now. 

You were AWOL when all the buzz after Mims combine.  Now if you are the real Warfish, you will and should reference Stephen Hill, but I digress.  Mims blew away the combine and his projections shot up.. 

Here is how the leading "ranking" authorities had him in their pre draft rankings:
source: Mims' pre-draft positional rank (all late 1st to mid 2nd rd and above pittman)
CBS: 8th
Walter Football: 9th
The Athletic - Dane Brugler: 6th
Drafttek: 7th
The Draft Network: 7th

• Upvote 1

Mims was my way favorite of the 2nd tier receivers. I wanted him over  Reagor,Higgins, Hamlin,Pittman and Claypool.. 

im not sure why he fell in the draft but he damn near checks every box you look for in a Quality prospect ,

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

You were AWOL when all the buzz after Mims combine.  Now if you are the real Warfish, you will and should reference Stephen Hill, but I digress.  Mims blew away the combine and his projections shot up.. 

Fair enough.  Most of my reading was pre-combine.  I hate the combine tbqh, as I generally hate the (IMO) overweighting of workout warriors vs. guys with legit tape.

It he was a workout warrior and rose, fine.

Here is how the leading "ranking" authorities had him in their pre draft rankings:
source: Mims' pre-draft positional rank (all late 1st to mid 2nd rd and above pittman)
CBS: 8th
Walter Football: 9th
The Athletic - Dane Brugler: 6th
Drafttek: 7th
The Draft Network: 7th

/shrug.

I'll repeat, It's his play on the NFL field that matters now.

7 hours ago, Warfish said:

Fair enough.  Most of my reading was pre-combine.  I hate the combine tbqh, as I generally hate the (IMO) overweighting of workout warriors vs. guys with legit tape.

It he was a workout warrior and rose, fine.

/shrug.

I'll repeat, It's his play on the NFL field that matters now.

The point is that he was evaluated and rated a lot higher than you thought.  I know you like to pan every move, so just thought I'd clarify the reality for you.  There were hours of detailed  discussion on this board about Mims while you were on your vacation (as well as other prospects). You might want to read some of all that before criticizing every pick and shrugging off others' opinions. 

• Upvote 1

guy is not even a rookie yet and i am already questioning his focus....the great ones live and breathe football.... 

Do you live and breathe your job 24/7?

This site is overrun by boomers

3 hours ago, Dcat said:

The point is that he was evaluated and rated a lot higher than you thought.

After the combine. 

As stated, the Lindy Draft Guide I buy every year to introduce me to college players had him materially lower ranked than "1st round", and even the outlets you listed still had him 7th rated WR or so, which 99% of the time is a 2nd or 3rd round grade.  

Does this matter tho, at this point?  He's a Jet.  Where he was "ranked" is now completely irrelevant.  

3 hours ago, Dcat said:

I know you like to pan every move

Except I don't, and I was overall very happy with Douglas's first draft.  I would have done things a bit different (Jeudy over Becton, for one example), but overall it was as good a draft, filling as many needs as possible, as I could have expected.  I've posted this view repeatedly during and after the draft.

So maybe don't presume you know when you don't?

3 hours ago, Dcat said:

, so just thought I'd clarify the reality for you.  There were hours of detailed  discussion on this board about Mims while you were on your vacation (as well as other prospects). You might want to read some of all that before criticizing every pick and shrugging off others' opinions. 

Sorry, not interested in reading irrelevant posts about a draft that already occured.

As I keep saying, it doesn't actually matter what Jets Fans or niche e-talking heads thought of Mims pre-draft, or where he was rated after his workout elevated him.

All that matters is his play on the NFL field now.  Looking forward, not back.