Should Jets take chance on Antonio Brown

2 hours ago, Greensleeves said:

How can you say the wide receivers are bad without seeing them play? Crowder is bad - no. Herndon is bad - nope, and yes he is a wide receiver in my eyes in this offense. Mims is bad - no. Perriman is more talented than Robby and Robby wasn't bad. If Robby was on Tampa last year his numbers would have likely been worse than Perriman. The depth is a question mark for sure - but that's not giving the young guys any credit on whether they can step up or not. Mims could become a #1 - we'll have to see.

I haven't seen them play? Why are you acting like the group consists of rookies.

1. If you had to rank the best receiver on each team, Crowder would be 32nd. Crowder wouldn't even be the 2nd option for the majority of the league.

2. Herndon is a TE. If you view him as a WR, then you must compare him to other WRs, where he is a JAG.

3. Mims is a rookie WR, and rookie WRs generally struggle. 

4. Stop this Perriman nonsense. This guy has been terrible his entire career except for 5 games. Robert Foster had 438 yards in 5 games as a rookie and then he returned back to reality. Perriman wishes he was as good as Robbie.

You really want to depend on a rookie, a bust who got hot for 5 games, a average TE who missed a year to injury and the worst primary WR in the league? 

This is the worst receiving group in the league and everybody knows it besides a few delusional Jet fans. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

"Innocent until proven guilty" isn't a phrase used in a true legal setting.  

So you guys are telling me that the presumption of innocence is not a thing?  Sweet. Good to know.  

I'm certainly not saying that OJ didn't do it, but in terms of the criminal justice system his treatment should be the same as if that were true.

• Thumb Down 1

2 hours ago, Greensleeves said:

How can you say the wide receivers are bad without seeing them play? Crowder is bad - no. Herndon is bad - nope, and yes he is a wide receiver in my eyes in this offense. Mims is bad - no. Perriman is more talented than Robby and Robby wasn't bad. If Robby was on Tampa last year his numbers would have likely been worse than Perriman. The depth is a question mark for sure - but that's not giving the young guys any credit on whether they can step up or not. Mims could become a #1 - we'll have to see.

The Jets WR & TE group is among the worst in the league.  Crowder is a nice slot guy.  Herndon had a decent rookie year and a washout in his 2nd.  Mims is ???Hope for good things.  Perriman has been in the league for 5 years and has 5 good games.  Right now their receivers are bad.  Hopefully they'll get better.

That said, Antonio Brown is not the answer.

4 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

This guy can be a plug in stud number one receiver. Really can upgrade this whole offense and give Sam a huge weapon. Obviously if he pulls any of his psycho sh*t they can just cut him right away. Would it be worth the gamble?

8 hours ago, King P said:

If he gets cleared them I'm all for it. Give him a 1 year deal and a chance to show that he can be the AB of old (who was a Top 3 receiver).

Please don't come in here spouting about how he'll be bad for Darnold either. If that's the case, then Sam is not the guy we need to hitch our wagons to

The Pats and Saints with Brady and Brees and a chance to win it all didnt want that sh*t show but you want it for our young team and culture?

You were probably also a big fan of the Tebow trade.

• Thumb Down 1

10 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

The Pats and Saints with Brady and Brees and a chance to win it all didnt want that sh*t show but you want it for our young team and culture?

You were probably also a big fan of the Tebow trade.

I thought the Pats signed him, and Brady was pulling for him in Tampa should he ever escape league suspension. 

9 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

This guy can be a plug in stud number one receiver. Really can upgrade this whole offense and give Sam a huge weapon. Obviously if he pulls any of his psycho sh*t they can just cut him right away. Would it be worth the gamble?

schmucks.gif

6 hours ago, Greenseed4 said:

I thought the Pats signed him, and Brady was pulling for him in Tampa should he ever escape league suspension. 

The Pats signed him then cut him about a week later.  What does that tell you when they were desperate for receivers?  

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Yeah, again, this is simply incorrect.

Note that this isn't an opinion. The legal verdict of "Not Guilty" is not equal to "innocent."

okay clarence, then does a not guilty verdict carry anything different from "innocent" in the eyes of the law?  can a person be discriminated against or otherwise treated any differently than anyone else?  i think not.  and juries don't find people innocent.  they find them guilty or not guilty.

How many different times can you ask this same question? 

Thats not even when taking in the same question about OBJ, which is essentially the same question, younger, less volatile WR, who creates fewer issues than AB

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

So you guys are telling me that the presumption of innocence is not a thing?  Sweet. Good to know.  

I'm certainly not saying that OJ didn't do it, but in terms of the criminal justice system his treatment should be the same as if that were true.

Presumption of innocence is indeed a principle of the legal system.  But I'm talking about how it plays out in reality, where a not guilty verdict still leaves room for someone being far from "innocent", and the word "innocent" isn't really used in the courtroom for that reason.  

I'm merely challenging the idea that if someone is declared "not guilty" that does not mean we should trust the legal system to the point where everybody who is pronounced "not guilty" automatically should be seen as innocent.  Just as not every guilty verdict means the defendant actually committed the crime.  Far from it. If you lack money and/or have the wrong color of skin, you can very easily get screwed by this legal system that is supposed to err on the side of caution.