Rams. 1-3 with these teams
Seahawks

Denver
Cleveland
Arizona
Oakland. These teams 4-2
Indy
San Diego

Makes them 9-7 with a meaningful December. Who knows maybe division and or wild card. Or nothing ... would be an improvement from last year with on paper & travel a more difficult schedule than last year. I would take 9-7 and have the chips fall where they may.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

1 hour ago, vtbx said:

Chiefs, 49ers, Seahawks, Rams.  Yeah, cakewalk.

Why can't we play Rutgers 16 times, right?

It's the NFL, just about every team has a few hard games. Whatever hard games we have this year is offset by getting to play the Pats without Brady twice. 

Meanwhile, any teams lead by Jimmy G and Goff don't scare me. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Why can't we play Rutgers 16 times, right?

It's the NFL, just about every team has a few hard games. Whatever hard games we have this year is offset by getting to play the Pats without Brady twice. 

Meanwhile, any teams lead by Jimmy G and Goff don't scare me. 

Nope, they're not.  Brady was a below average QB (# 17 per DVOA) last season and they still swept us.  The Patriots are not built on their offense anymore.  Their defense in '19 was right up there with the Ravens, Steelers and 49ers as one of the best in the league.

My guess is we split with NE next year, and I wouldn't be surprised at all if they sweep us.  

• Upvote 3

18 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Nope, they're not.  Brady was a below average QB (# 17 per DVOA) last season and they still swept us.  The Patriots are not built on their offense anymore.  Their defense in '19 was right up there with the Ravens, Steelers and 49ers as one of the best in the league.

My guess is we split with NE next year, and I wouldn't be surprised at all if they sweep us.  

Did you forget how bad Stidham looked when he came in for garbage time against us? He was Luke Falk bad and they had to put Brady back in for fear of us coming back. Pats dynasty is beyond over at this point.

1 hour ago, RobR said:

Did you forget how bad Stidham looked when he came in for garbage time against us? He was Luke Falk bad and they had to put Brady back in for fear of us coming back. Pats dynasty is beyond over at this point.

Agree...El Stid...can't save Belichick and the Pats from their Fate. 

I can see it now...El Stid and BB...on their way to do battle with the Jets...

donquixote.jpg?w=529

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, GreenReaper said:

Agree...El Stid...can't save Belichick and the Pats from their Fate. 

I can see it now...El Stid and BB...on their way to do battle with the Jets...

donquixote.jpg?w=529

Its Don Quick Oats

(Aka Don Quixote)

With an offseason and reps with the # 1 unit I imagine he’ll look better. Not good but better.

If Belichick wanted he could have brought in one of the vet QBs. He didn’t so he must have some confidence in the kid.

And they’re not tanking, either. That argument is silly. Belichick wants to prove he can win with any QB.

55 minutes ago, RobR said:

until they tank and somehow get lawrence and restart the whole thing again. 

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

They may have had the bottom 5 talent at skill positions on offense last year (outside of QB). We will see how good Julian Edelman is this year without Brady dumping the ball off to him 150 times a year to pad his stats. . 

40 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

With an offseason and reps with the # 1 unit I imagine he’ll look better. Not good but better.

If Belichick wanted he could have brought in one of the vet QBs. He didn’t so he must have some confidence in the kid.

And they’re not tanking, either. That argument is silly. Belichick wants to prove he can win with any QB.

I always thought Stidham sucked whenever I watched him play at Auburn. His performance against us sure as hell won't change my mind. I would be shocked if he turned into a viable QB at the NFL level no matter who is coaching him. 

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

until they tank and somehow get lawrence and restart the whole thing again. 

I still can't see them getting the first overall and that is when Lawrence will be selected. 

4 minutes ago, RobR said:

I still can't see them getting the first overall and that is when Lawrence will be selected. 

I swear if the over hyped, never ending commentary about Trevor Lawrence becomes anything like what Zion's was a year and a half ago then I will ____ give up sports as long as I live.

• Upvote 1