easy schedule

1 hour ago, RobR said:

Did you forget how bad Stidham looked when he came in for garbage time against us? He was Luke Falk bad and they had to put Brady back in for fear of us coming back. Pats dynasty is beyond over at this point.

I think the Cheats will be much better than most think.

Writing off Stidham before we have seen him play regularly is a mistake.  He has some of the characteristics that could make him successful in their system.  Quick release and a timing passer.  He can move too. 

The Patriots will play good defense and special teams.  Beli will do what he always does, take away what their opponent does best offensively and force them to beat them another way.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, GreenReaper said:

Agree...El Stid...can't save Belichick and the Pats from their Fate. 

I can see it now...El Stid and BB...on their way to do battle with the Jets...

donquixote.jpg?w=529

Even though the story is don Quijote I can appreciate this.

El Cid was one of the greatest medieval warriors in European history. We definitely don’t want an El Stid for the Pats.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Writing off Stidham before we have seen him play regularly is a mistake.  He has some of the characteristics that could make him successful in their system.  Quick release and a timing passer.  He can move too. 

I definitely watched a different QB when I was able to watch an Auburn game. He held onto the ball forever and his intermediate and deep passing accuracy was non existent. He looked Hackenbergish to me at times. I do agree that he cam move a bit and has a decent arm.

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Nope, they're not.  Brady was a below average QB (# 17 per DVOA) last season and they still swept us.  The Patriots are not built on their offense anymore.  Their defense in '19 was right up there with the Ravens, Steelers and 49ers as one of the best in the league.

My guess is we split with NE next year, and I wouldn't be surprised at all if they sweep us.  

NE is going to suck 

Jets3.jpg.8f36c5e73d9e7c4f313c38b1eb086e34.jpg

The Fins are starting a rookie and are all over the place.  The Pats w/o Brady will be like lost children in the forest. They dont even have a QB. Dont underestimate the modern Goat's influence.  

• Sympathy 1

Nope, they're not.  Brady was a below average QB (# 17 per DVOA) last season and they still swept us.  The Patriots are not built on their offense anymore.  Their defense in '19 was right up there with the Ravens, Steelers and 49ers as one of the best in the league.

My guess is we split with NE next year, and I wouldn't be surprised at all if they sweep us.  

They had the best D in the league last year by a comfortable margin.  They eventually gassed out b/c their offense was so bad.  Otoh, this offseason they lost their entire probowl lbing core, except Hightower who is getting old.  Their safeties are getting old, but they have the best young cbs in the league and are five man deep there, so they'll be fine I imagine.  I expect their D to still be very good but perhaps no longer number1.  Their offense on the other hand were walking injured last year.  They were running RBs at WR for some games.  Their Oline which was one of the best in football the year before, should be injury free.  We shall see.  They're still big question marks about their skill positions and the qb.  Overall, I expect their O to remain in the basement. 

I think they're looking at a 500 season or something like that.  They'll still be dangerous for us, we weren't even close to touching that D last year, and I still have nightmares about what they did to Sam.

With an offseason and reps with the # 1 unit I imagine he’ll look better. Not good but better.

If Belichick wanted he could have brought in one of the vet QBs. He didn’t so he must have some confidence in the kid.

And they’re not tanking, either. That argument is silly. Belichick wants to prove he can win with any QB.

Or tank better than the Jets or Dolphins while still looking good.

9 hours ago, vtbx said:

Chiefs, 49ers, Seahawks, Rams.  Yeah, cakewalk.

I know. On what planet is it easy? We play both teams from last year's Superbowl!

Broncos will be re-stocked, Colts will be better, Raiders will be better. Tough, as always, I say. 6-10

9 hours ago, RobR said:

I still can't see them getting the first overall and that is when Lawrence will be selected. 

yeah their defense is too good to get the top pick... Unless stidham is legitimately that bad.  

The fear i have is that they are bad enough to be top 5, and the team at 1 has a qb already and opens up the bidding.  At that point its anyones shot to go up and get him.  

8 minutes ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

yeah their defense is too good to get the top pick... Unless stidham is legitimately that bad.  

The fear i have is that they are bad enough to be top 5, and the team at 1 has a qb already and opens up the bidding.  At that point its anyones shot to go up and get him.  

The pats don’t even have to be that bad to get Trevor

Their schedule is the toughest in the nfl.  In 1996 as bad as Kotite was our roster was actually not bad yet we went 1-16 because our schedule was demonic

4 hours ago, Philc1 said:

The pats don’t even have to be that bad to get Trevor

Their schedule is the toughest in the nfl.  In 1996 as bad as Kotite was our roster was actually not bad yet we went 1-16 because our schedule was demonic

I agree, theres a few possibilities, also obviously trevor is the crowning jewel of the next draft but its probably going to be a 3 horse race at the top for QBs Trevor right now is 1 but you have Fields, and this kid from NDSU gaining alot of steam.  

• Upvote 1

On 5/8/2020 at 11:48 AM, Chrebetfan80 said:

I agree, theres a few possibilities, also obviously trevor is the crowning jewel of the next draft but its probably going to be a 3 horse race at the top for QBs Trevor right now is 1 but you have Fields, and this kid from NDSU gaining alot of steam.  

Jets Seal the Deal for Fields?