Jets have the 3rd hardest schedule in '20

2 hours ago, docdhc said:

You’re 100% correct. How does Miami have the 20th schedule and we have the 3rd when we have the same schedule except we play 2 games against the 3rd place teams in the division that they play the 4th place teams. It makes no sense. 

Because the site he's quoting is judging by predicted 2020 wins-losses, not by 2019 records

This schedule is not that bad. We are better than the Bills, the Fins and the Patsies. The division is ours to win.  We dominated the Bills in the first game last year only to lose on some really fluke coaching.  We have to go at least 4-2 in those 6 divisional games.  

Week 1: Sunday, Sept. 13 at Bills (1 p.m., CBS)    W

Week 2: Sunday, Sept. 20 vs. 49ers (1 p.m., FOX)  L

Week 3: Sunday, Sept. 27 at Colts (4 p.m., CBS)  W

Week 4: Thursday, Oct. 1 vs. Broncos (8:20 p.m. NFLN)  W

Week 5: Sunday, Oct. 11 vs. Cardinals (1 p.m., FOX)  W

Week 6: Sunday, Oct. 18 at Chargers (4 p.m., CBS)  W

Week 7: Sunday, Oct. 25 vs. Bills (1 p.m. CBS)  L

Week 8: Sunday, Nov. 1 at Chiefs (1 p.m. CBS)  L

Week 9: Monday, Nov. 9 vs. Patriots (8:15 p.m., ESPN)  W

Week 10: Sunday, Nov. 15 at Dolphins (4 p.m., CBS)  W

Week 11: Bye

Week 12: Sunday, Nov. 29 vs. Dolphins (1 p.m., CBS)  L

Week 13: Sunday, Dec. 6 vs. Raiders (1 p.m., CBS)  W

Week 14: Sunday, Dec. 13 at Seahawks (4 p.m., CBS)  L

Week 15: Dec. 19 or 20 at Rams (TBD)  L

Week 16: Dec. 26 or 27 vs. Browns (TBD)  W

Week 17: Sunday, Jan. 3 at Patriots (1 p.m., CBS)   W

Thats 10-6  Divison Champs. The only really tough games will be against the 49ers, Chiefs, Seahawks, Rams and Browns.  And we will be competitive in those games. And those games will really be the deciding factor, even if we lose them, in how this team has progressed. None of this roll over and play dead nonsense we've seen over the last 7 years. 

Just now, HighPitch said:

Well for the first time in a long time im in a bar in tampa carefully sipping on ipas....

they just showed the bucs schedule..... WAY easier for Brady and Bronk

5 prime time games, LOL.

All GOAT. All the time.

9 hours ago, Wonderboy said:

This schedule is not that bad. We are better than the Bills, the Fins and the Patsies. The division is ours to win.  We dominated the Bills in the first game last year only to lose on some really fluke coaching.  We have to go at least 4-2 in those 6 divisional games.  

Thats 10-6  Divison Champs. The only really tough games will be against the 49ers, Chiefs, Seahawks, Rams and Browns.  And we will be competitive in those games. And those games will really be the deciding factor, even if we lose them, in how this team has progressed. None of this roll over and play dead nonsense we've seen over the last 7 years. 

Agreed. 49ers at home with them only getting 1 game film of our totally healthy defense. Jets do one thing fantastic & that's stop the run. Pidgeon hall Garapolo into having to pass, use our trio of safeties to shut down Kittle & bam! Good Morning football is praising Gang Green that Monday Morning!

• Sympathy 1

I don't buy into this 3rd hardest schedule stuff.  We have some tough games, sure.  We go to KC and to Seattle.  Two really tough road trips. against elite QBs  But look at the QBs we play two times each in our division. Josh Allen, Fitz/Tua, Stidham/Hoyer.  We also have games against Denver (Drew Lock) and SD (Tyrod Taylor/Justin Herbert).  That is half our schedule against journeymen or unproven young QBs.  And that is not even mentioning Mayfield (since he has already beaten us twice) or Kyler Murray who looked very good last season, but is still unproven.

No excuses.  If the OL is improved.  If we can run a bit to help out the passing game.  If our defense is healthy theycould be a top 10 defense.  Going up against a bunch of mediocre and unproven QBs.  We should be in contention for a playoff spot.  I am not buying into this woe is me our schedule is too hard excuse.

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

The Gase excuse train is arriving in the station. All aboard!

And the negative Nancies are here telling all we'll need to make excuses before the season even starts.

Congrats Nostradamous 

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

And the negative Nancies are here telling all we'll need to make excuses before the season even starts.

Congrats Nostradamous 

I mean, every single excuse for Adam Gase in his career has been used so far. Why not another one? Or, maybe, he’s just not a good coach. Mind blowing, I know. 

The Jets schedule is balanced.  Yes there are tough games but they
are spread out over the entire season.  They aren't clumped together where
long losing streaks can develop.  Look at HOU their season could be over
before it starts:

https://www.houstontexans.com/schedule/

KC
BAL
PIT
MIN
JAX
TEN
GB

They easily could be 1-6 after that opening stretch

10 hours ago, Wonderboy said:

I'll bet $100 the Jets are not 5-1 going into Week 7.

3 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

I mean, every single excuse for Adam Gase in his career has been used so far. Why not another one? Or, maybe, he’s just not a good coach. Mind blowing, I know. 

Or maybe they’re not all excuses

4 hours ago, Jetster said:

Agreed. 49ers at home with them only getting 1 game film of our totally healthy defense. Jets do one thing fantastic & that's stop the run. Pidgeon hall Garapolo into having to pass, use our trio of safeties to shut down Kittle & bam! Good Morning football is praising Gang Green that Monday Morning!

Trio of safeties? We have 2 safeties Davis and Maye and a wannbe safety that's more of an undersized LB.  But yea Good Morning football. God I hate that show.  It doesn't even qualify as a Football for Dummies platform.

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Or maybe they’re not all excuses

You’re right. The litany of dozens of excuses the man makes every year or are made for him is more likely to be the reason than him just being bad at his job. There were people that defended Mac until the very end. And I was right then and I’m right now. 

• Thumb Down 1

52 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

You’re right. The litany of dozens of excuses the man makes every year or are made for him is more likely to be the reason than him just being bad at his job. There were people that defended Mac until the very end. And I was right then and I’m right now. 

The litany of dozens of excuses.  Dozens.

Better yet, that he makes.  Not fans or the media, Gase makes.

Every year, every single one of them.

16 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

So once in 4 seasons is a litany of dozens of excuses.  

Once, one "excuse".  A litany.  Of dozens.  

Dozens.  

I'm not arguing this, if they fail again this season depending on their play hes ripe to get fired.  If the record sucks but their play improves he'll get another year.

A litany of dozens of whatever and what anyone said about Mac, which has nothing to do with this, won't change that

6 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

So once in 4 seasons is a litany of dozens of excuses.  

Once, one "excuse".  A litany.  Of dozens.  

Dozens.  

I'm not arguing this, if they fail again this season depending on their play hes ripe to get fired.  If the record sucks but their play improves he'll get another year.

A litany of dozens of whatever and what anyone said about Mac, which has nothing to do with this, won't change that

There’s two links from two different seasons. There were dozens of excuses made here for him last year. It’s like talking to a wall. 

• Thumb Down 2

40 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

There’s two links from two different seasons. There were dozens of excuses made here for him last year. It’s like talking to a wall. 

Its one "excuse".  Not a litany of dozens of excuses.  

And one link where he talks about injuries the other article?  

"At this point, the excuses are running out," Gase said Wednesday, per ESPN's James Walker. "There are no more excuses. It's either get the job done, or we will find someone that can."

On 5/7/2020 at 4:45 PM, 14 in Green said:

Miami has the 20th, Buffalo 14th, NE 9th and the Giants have the 2nd 

Nonsensical. Division teams play the same schedule sans 2 games.  

I think the AFC EAST has a tough schedule this year and that's why I think our division winner may only finish 10-6.  

10 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

Nonsensical. Division teams play the same schedule sans 2 games.  

I think the AFC EAST has a tough schedule this year and that's why I think our division winner may only finish 10-6.  

I honestly don't know if you're agreeing or disagreeing with my OP.

You said "nonsensical",  I don't know which system you're referring to. If it's the commonly used one , which I'm not a fan of, maybe because you have no idea how it's done? 

For example... The Pats won 11 games last year, and the Jets won 7. They play each other twice, So the Pats have two games on their sked where the other team won a total of 14 games. The Jets are playing that same team, which won a total of 22. That alone makes the Jets schedule 8 games harder going by the more commonly used formula based on teams records the prior year. Basic math.

The one I like is based on each teams "expected win totals" for the upcoming season.

As for the second part of your post, I have no clue how what you think of the AFC East's schedule, and how many wins it will take to win it has to do with a discussion about the systems used to rank schedules, but, whatever. ?

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Its one "excuse".  Not a litany of dozens of excuses.  

And one link where he talks about injuries the other article?  

"At this point, the excuses are running out," Gase said Wednesday, per ESPN's James Walker. "There are no more excuses. It's either get the job done, or we will find someone that can."

Ok but like do u have gugle?

• Haha 1

There's so much that can happen from now and the start of the season, and even during the season, that I don't really take these strength of schedules that seriously.  Everyone thought we were going to be a powerhouse contender in 2011 and we went 8-8, losing to Tim Tebow on prime-time television.  

Who knows what might strike a team, y'know?

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

There's so much that can happen from now and the start of the season, and even during the season, that I don't really take these strength of schedules that seriously.  Everyone thought we were going to be a powerhouse contender in 2011 and we went 8-8, losing to Tim Tebow on prime-time television.  

Who knows what might strike a team, y'know?

Worrying over strength of schedule in May is always a waste of time and energy.

Teams aren't what we thought they were, players get injured, QBs go down, teams go hot and then cold so its when you play them and everything can change.

But it happens every year.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 14 in Green said:

I honestly don't know if you're agreeing or disagreeing with my OP.

You said "nonsensical",  I don't know which system you're referring to. If it's the commonly used one , which I'm not a fan of, maybe because you have no idea how it's done? 

For example... The Pats won 11 games last year, and the Jets won 7. They play each other twice, So the Pats have two games on their sked where the other team won a total of 14 games. The Jets are playing that same team, which won a total of 22. That alone makes the Jets schedule 8 games harder going by the more commonly used formula based on teams records the prior year. Basic math.

The one I like is based on each teams "expected win totals" for the upcoming season.

As for the second part of your post, I have no clue how what you think of the AFC East's schedule, and how many wins it will take to win it has to do with a discussion about the systems used to rank schedules, but, whatever. ?

It's nonsensical because the Jets and Dolphins play the EXACT SAME SCHEDULE except Miami plays Cincy instead of Cleveland and Jacksonville instead of Indy.  

None of those 4 teams made the playoffs last year but somehow the Jets have the 3rd hardest schedule and the Dolphins have the 20th ????

Nonsensical.

Just now, y2k8 said:

It's nonsensical because the Jets and Dolphins play the EXACT SAME SCHEDULE except Miami plays Cincy instead of Cleveland and Jacksonville instead of Indy.  

None of those 4 teams made the playoffs last year but somehow the Jets have the 3rd hardest schedule and the Dolphins have the 20th ????

Nonsensical.

I haven't looked at the Dolphins home/away schedule.

But just going off what you said here, those two games alone are a big difference. Probably two wins for Miami (Jax and Cincy). Our games against Cleveland and Indy are a lot tougher, at best we'll go 1-1, and will be underdogs in both so 0-2 is a strong possibility. So you're not exactly making your case with this.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

But just going off what you said here, those two games alone are a big difference. Probably two wins for Miami (Jax and Cincy). Our games against Cleveland and Indy are a lot tougher, at best we'll go 1-1, and will be underdogs in both so 0-2 is a strong possibility. So you're not exactly making your case with this.

Its also where the games are, home vs road schedule.  Playing Seattle at home is different that playing Seattle on the road.  

Not that I've checked but you get the point

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

Actually I believe I did. Jax and Indy are about the same. Cleveland is better than Cincy but an average football team nonetheless. The difference between Cleveland and Cincy does not explain SEVENTEEN spots in your ranking.