What if Corona hits a team hard?

10 hours ago, Philc1 said:

I keep hearing from all the self proclaimed doctors and scientific researchers that coronavirus is no big deal?

<Coronavirus whips through White House, which is basically a daily testing center>

Internet Doctor: We GoT tHiS ThInG LicKEd!

• Haha 1

What’s missing from all this cogent analysis is that you’re not bullying minimum-wage meatpacking plant workers back to work by stripping their unemployment: you’re trying to push millionaire athletes back onto the field so they can potentially jeopardize their respiratory systems for training camp. I’m going to guess that, unless things radically change within the next 30 days, the vast majority of these players won’t show up regardless, and Goodell is going to have egg all over his stupid ******* face.

The other interesting thing to watch will be college football. If you’re Trevor Lawrence, are you rushing back to campus to help Dabo when you know you’re going to be the first overall pick next spring? How about even if you know you’re a draft pick? I could see how the backups would show up as a way to hang on to their scholarships, but if I’m a big player at these programs, I’ve absolutely played my last game for them at this point

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, OCCH23 said:

As opposed to people like you who are totally fine with TENS OF MILLIONS of people potentially losing jobs, homes, businesses, etc. just so you can continue to live in Mr. Roger's neighborhood . . .

Yes I rather you be unemployed for 3 months then die...this is true

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Yes I rather you be unemployed for 3 months then die...this is true

Are you currently employed and receiving a paycheck? It’s much easier to tell others to go w/o income when you are or have savings large enough to see you thru. Majority live paycheck to paycheck. Reality vs. ideology 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Are you currently employed and receiving a paycheck? It’s much easier to tell others to go w/o income when you are or have savings large enough to see you thru. Majority live paycheck to paycheck. Reality vs. ideology 

Know any old people gasping for air as the virus slowly crushes their lungs until death? File for unemployment, take your stimulus check and be happy to be healthy 

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

Know any old people gasping for air as the virus slowly crushes their lungs until death? File for unemployment, take your stimulus check and be happy to be healthy 

No I don’t. Here in Pa there are a total of 55,000 cases with 3,600 deaths if COVID reported deaths are correct. Loss of around   1.8 million jobs. Do the math. 

13m population in Pa. = 0.0002697 % death rate 

1 hour ago, 68JET11 said:

We should all be laser focused as a country on how we get the Chinese back and make them pay for the utter irresponsibility of letting this virus spread outside their country. The cover up they've perpetrated on the entire world population should not be left unpunished. The WHO should also be punished for allowing them to help China cover it up. There should be a special session at the UN to sanction and punish China for what they did and MAKE it STICK where it counts in the pocket book. Every country should pull all businesses from China. and never buy another product from them going forward once all businesses are pulled. Then immediately take away their internet lol....

How many weeks could you go without buying a product made in China?

4 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

How many weeks could you go without buying a product made in China?

Im not giving up my egg foo yung for anybody.

More importantly if only the scientists and politicians would source and implement all the JN expert suggestions and solutions this thing would have been over weeks ago. Amazing the amount of untapped expertise here.

• Haha 3

It's all speculation and Jet Nation happened to be in the biggest hot spot in the country.  So the views will vary greatly in different parts.  I live closer to New Orleans than NYC metro area and the virus problem is not as great here as up north.  So it's a long way off to the season opener so all I can say is stay tuned for constant updates moving forward.  Wish all Jet Nation well!Sport Mma GIF by UFC

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

The constant bickering on the internet and social media about this situation is becoming nauseating.  People flexing their "intellectual muscle" every chance they can get.  Both sides of it.  The only thing that is probably certain at this time  is the virus is not going away . We need to accept this reality, and eventually all of us will need to make informed risk management, risk acceptance, and risk transfer decisions for ourselves and for our communities.  

Well put.

• Upvote 2

The thing about making your own decision is ok if you're the only person affected. But it's not that way. When you can spread a highly contagious disease in a pandemic and that disease can spread exponentially. It's not just about you. That's why we need rules and policies not just guidelines. You go out and exercise your freedom fine. Nobody until coronavirus  ever told you you couldn't. Incl governors of red and blue states. This is not fascism it's basic survival and its temporary. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

On 5/8/2020 at 10:04 PM, Matt39 said:

You'd never know but Florida numbers are positive and the state is opening up, which is great.

Truth is, you have no idea what the Florida numbers are. The state has used every means possible to avoid reporting so the governor looks good. Meanwhile the nursing homes down there are getting ripped and Miami-Dade not so good. But overall, it appears to be much better than the NY area, which is a positive. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, 68JET11 said:

We should all be laser focused as a country on how we get the Chinese back and make them pay for the utter irresponsibility of letting this virus spread outside their country. The cover up they've perpetrated on the entire world population should not be left unpunished. The WHO should also be punished for allowing them to help China cover it up. There should be a special session at the UN to sanction and punish China for what they did and MAKE it STICK where it counts in the pocket book. Every country should pull all businesses from China. and never buy another product from them going forward once all businesses are pulled. Then immediately take away their internet lol....

Ah, someone is up on their Fox News. Perhaps we should start by punishing ourselves as well for the absolutely horrible failure to respond to the virus in the first place. Every week mattered and our fearless leader dithered and avoided, despite repeated warnings. But let's blame China and WHO. It's really asinine.

• Upvote 7
  • Thumb Down 3
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 2

38 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

The thing about making your own decision is ok if you're the only person affected. But it's not that way. When you can spread a highly contagious disease in a pandemic and that disease can spread exponentially. It's not just about you. That's why we need rules and policies not just guidelines. You go out and exercise your freedom fine. Nobody until coronavirus  ever told you you couldn't. Incl governors of red and blue states. This is not fascism it's basic survival and its temporary. 

If this is directed at my comment, which I believe it is, I clearly stated decisions had to be made with communities in mind.  

11 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

Ah, someone is up on their Fox News. Perhaps we should start by punishing ourselves as well for the absolutely horrible failure to respond to the virus in the first place. Every week mattered and our fearless leader dithered and avoided, despite repeated warnings. But let's blame China and WHO. It's really asinine.

That's the difference between knowing what really happened, and what you watch... Problem is he did do something and got lambasted as a racist etc... You should actually watch someone that will tell you the truth. Don't want to argue about it though because if you're of that opinion, you'll never change, and for that matter neither will I.