They are Mocking us in Buffalo

9 hours ago, Philc1 said:

I don’t know if their roster is that much better.  

The hype the bills are getting reminds me of last year’s Browns

I think it's better, but maybe not by the huge margin many would have us believe.

And having a better QB narrows (possibly flips) that margin. I think deep down Bills fans realize that, and it worries them.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

9 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

I think it's better, but maybe not by the huge margin many would have us believe.

And having a better QB narrows (possibly flips) that margin. I think deep down Bills fans realize that, and it worries them.

The Bills are over.  In the NFL, you only get a 2-3 year window to make a run once you break through with a playoff season.  After that it's back to the dark ages.  Last year was it for them.  The Bills window is closed.  They'll realize this in 2021 when they get rid of McDermott and Allen.

SAR I

• WTF? 2

19 hours ago, roscoeword said:

reading that Buffalo thread, they started to convince me that we might not be that good....

Ha!  We all know that we might not be that good.  But it's when we think we're not going to be good that we turn out, in fact, to be good.

I See You Reaction GIF by swerk

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, sourceworx said:

The bills are getting hyped up like crazy.  It helps them that the pats are going to stink and the jets schedule is absolutely brutal 

32 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

The 4 AFC East teams all play similar schedules 

2020_billsschedule.png?w=1000&h=600&crop

The Bills schedule isn’t easier than ours.  In many respects it’s harder:

Drew Steelers/Titans where we have Browns/Colts.  Face Darnold and Williams in must-win home opener.  Travel to boiling hot Miami (we go in November). Have to go to Vegas (ask Golden Knights how many distracted teams they beat in first trip to Sin City). Face the playoff Titans on road and the Super Bowl Chiefs in a 4 day span. They have 4 separate trips out West (we only have 3). 

SAR I

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

17 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Drew Steelers/Titans where we have Browns/Colts.  Face Darnold and Williams in must-win home opener.  Travel to boiling hot Miami (we go in November). Have to go to Vegas (ask Golden Knights how many distracted teams they beat in first trip to Sin City). Face the playoff Titans on road and the Super Bowl Chiefs in a 4 day span. They have 4 separate trips out West (we only have 3). 

SAR I

Steelers might be the second worst team in their division 

As much as I think Baker is overrated the Browns now have a top 3 Offensive Line.  I think Rivers is going to surprise a lot of people in Indy

12 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

WRONG. We always have a right to talk smack. You want to know why? Because that's what fans do. Get over yourself. That's normal NFL fan behavior.

You're quite right.  People have the unlimited right to make absolutele fools of themselves verbally whenever they wish, as often as they wish.

And those of us fans who think those of you sh*t talking are embarrassing fools, we have the freedom to say so too.

TLDR:  Some of us prefer any sh*t talking be warranted and based in facts, not just "derp, cause we fans yo, and we can like, do what we want and stuff!"  So by all means, carry on.

Me, rather than sh*t talk to the better team last year, I'd prefer to hold MY team accountable, and demand THEY do better.  They can start showing us they're better by.....wait for it.....sweeping Buffalo in 2020.  

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

If I'm a Bills fan, I'm thinking 5-0 heading into a showdown with the Chiefs. 

I'm also thinking the Jets have the worst logo in the NFL. The Browns' picture of an orange helmet is better. 

3 minutes ago, slats said:

I'm also thinking the Jets have the worst logo in the NFL. The Browns' picture of an orange helmet is better. 

You think the Jets logo is worse than the Chargers rebrand?  Damn.  I always thought ours was simple but effective.

Just now, pdxgreen said:

You think the Jets logo is worse than the Chargers rebrand?  Damn.  I always thought ouex was simple but effective.

You mean Chargers or Rams? The Rams botched it, but it's still more interesting than block letters spelling the team's name with a football underneath and, in case you still weren't sure the Jets played football (understandable), then putting the whole thing inside a green football-shaped background. 

I love what the Chargers did. Best uniforms in the league are throwback-type looks. Can't wait 'til the Jets go back to their opposite color sleeves in a couple years. They can keep the shiny green helmet, but that awful logo has to go. 

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, slats said:

You mean Chargers or Rams? The Rams botched it, but it's still more interesting than block letters spelling the team's name with a football underneath and, in case you still weren't sure the Jets played football (understandable), then putting the whole thing inside a green football-shaped background. 

I love what the Chargers did. Best uniforms in the league are throwback-type looks. Can't wait 'til the Jets go back to their opposite color sleeves in a couple years. They can keep the shiny green helmet, but that awful logo has to go. 

Well. We all have different tastes.

I have nothing against the Bills or their fans.  Same for Miami and New England.  It makes for a more exciting division and much better games to watch ff the other AFC East teams are good.  It is never exciting to watch a good team steam-roll a bad team.  That is what made it so much fun when the Rex Jets were able to take down the Pats every now and then, including in the playoffs.  

I'm glad the Bills are trending in the right direction.  It seems their current management is competent.  There should be some good games to watch in the foreseeable future.

I see the Jets being a lot like the Bills right now.  Both teams seemed to have found good management.  That is the wellspring for having a team that is able to compete year to year.  By that, I mean winning over 8 games and having a chip in the game comes playoff time.

I give the Bills the advantage with respect to the HC and I give the Jets the advantage in the QB department.  

Hopefully, JD wont keep the Jets tied to a loser HC for too much longer... 

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

As much as I think Baker is overrated the Browns now have a top 3 Offensive Line.  I think Rivers is going to surprise a lot of people in Indy

I think the Steelers have Ben Roethlisberger and Mike Tomlin and are always a tough out.  I'd rather face Baker Mayfield and Kevin Stefanski than Ben and Mike.

The Colts are weak and Rivers is done.  Either way, I'll take the Colts over the Titans.  

SAR I

1 hour ago, slats said:

2020-NY-Jets-Schedule.jpg

That would be a very optimistic Bills fan.  Similarly, an overly optimistic Jets fan could see us opening 7-0 heading to our Chiefs game:

at Bills - We are the better team, we beat them 3 of our last 4 meetings, Sam is 2-0 in Orchard Park.

49ers - West Coast team, kickoff is 11am their time, they have back to back games at MetLife, a lot going on for them early in the year, Super Bowl hangover.  Jets home opener, emotions are high, crowd is energized.

at Colts - Not a good team, Rivers is done.  Last year they finished on a 2-7 collapse on Frank Reich.  Darnold put up 42 against them in his rookie season.

Broncos - Not a good team, 7-9 last year but somehow as hyped as the overhyped Bills for some reason.  Darnold put up 34 against them in his rookie season.

Cardinals - West Coast team, kickoff is 11am their time.  Second trip East in consecutive weeks as they're in Carolina the week before.  They're a 5 win team and the Jets have established a homefield advantage with Darnold and Gase.

at Chargers - No QB.  Last year they were 5-11 and ended the year on a 1-6 collapse.

Bills - We are the better team, Jets have a strong homefield advantage, Bills rusty after a 10 day break, Jets will have beaten them 4 of their last 5 meetings.

This is not a prediction, mind you, but the logic is rational.  The only thing making the Jets early schedule "scary" is if you believe the hype about the Cardinals (5-11-1), Broncos (7-9), Chargers (5-11), and Colts (7-9).  If you don't believe that hype, the Jets open 5-2, we lose to the Niners and a dumb loss in LA or maybe split with the Bills.  

SAR I

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

Sam Darnold and Mitch Trubisky both played 26 games in their first two seasons. 

Mitch Trubisky in his first 26 games produced 6085 yards, 36 TDs and 25 Turnovers and completes 63% of his passes

Sam Darnold in his first 26 games produced 6089 yards, 39 TDs and 33 Turnvoers and completes 59% of his passes

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, hamat711 said:

Mitch Trubisky in his first 26 games produced 6085 yards, 36 TDs and 25 Turnovers and completes 63% of his passes

Sam Darnold in his first 26 games produced 6089 yards, 39 TDs and 33 Turnvoers and completes 59% of his passes

Ask every NFL coach who they’d rather have going forward: Trubisky or Darnold. 

That might be a unanimous result. And we all know the answer. 

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, hamat711 said:

At Darnold‘s current age of 22, Trubiskey was still in college. Mitch has obviously regressed, but his hype heading into last year was real by bears fans because of winning games the season before. Similar to what’s happening with Josh Allen. Nobody is hyping Darnold like Allen right now.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

The problem is that our schedule is tough early and late (and soft in the middle) - that's a bad combo for a team trying to prove itself and build something. 

I hate to make too much of a season opener, but I think week 1 in Buffalo is enormous for us and will probably end up being just as pivotal as last year's season opener was. 

21 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Ha!  We all know that we might not be that good.  But it's when we think we're not going to be good that we turn out, in fact, to be good.

I See You Reaction GIF by swerk

I would normally be all in on us beating low expectations and sneaking up on people to have a 9-11 win season, but I worry about the schedule.

It starts rough and ends rough, which is a bad combo 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, slimjasi said:

The problem is that our schedule is tough early and late (and soft in the middle) - that's a bad combo for a team trying to prove itself and build something. 

As I said earlier, the only thing making the Jets early schedule "scary" is if you believe the hype about the Cardinals (5-11-1), Broncos (7-9), Chargers (5-11), and Colts (7-9).  If you don't believe that hype, the Jets first 7 games aren't that tough.  And if last year proved anything, it's that the Jets, especially Darnold, are good in the cold and the rain at home and on the road, and that's what those last few weeks will take.  

6 hours ago, slimjasi said:

I hate to make too much of a season opener, but I think week 1 in Buffalo is enormous for us and will probably end up being just as pivotal as last year's season opener was. 

Yes.  Week 1 at Buffalo is a playoff game.  It sets the tone and gives us momentum for the home opener against the NFC champs.  It also puts the Bills in a death spiral-  Miami Week 2 is hot, big homefield advantage there.  Then at Vegas (biggest road team distraction in sports), at Titans (playoff team), and a short week to the Chiefs (4 days to prepare for Mahomes).  

Everyone is talking about the Jets early schedule; they should really be looking at the Bills.  Smells like 1-5 or 2-4 to me.

SAR I

7 hours ago, hamat711 said:

And none of that changes the fact that Josh Allen is a running back.

SAR I

• Sympathy 1

23 hours ago, Philc1 said:

The Steelers went 8-8 with some of the worst QB play in the NFL.  I got a feeling they unseat Balt. this season.  I'm not ready to buy the Jackson hype train, players like him are flashes in the pan and rarely do it consistently.  Also, I think Claypool and McFarland bring a much needed dynamic to that offense and that D is already really F'ing good. 

22 hours ago, slats said:

Chargers look like a team named the La Sun on that schedule. I had to think who That at was at first. 

14 hours ago, hamat711 said:

Lol....  I'm just gonna add rushing stats in here because I'm a Josh Allen fan. Also maybe round down Darnold's 59.9 comp% to 59 to help make him look a little worse, too. 

Allen's played two more games than Sam, has connected on 56% of his throws at a paltry 6.6 ypa (what an arm!) for 700 fewer yards, 6 fewer TDs, and 8 more fumbles than Darnold. His next 300-yard passing day will be his first as a pro. Looks like they're trying to groom him to be a game manager type, which is tough to do without some semblance of passing accuracy. 

Honestly, I'm kinda happy for Allen. A lot of people on this board absolutely hated him in that draft. Me? If Mayfield and Darnold had gone 1-2, I'd've taken Allen over Rosen. That wasn't a popular opinion at the time. I think he's already better than a lot of folks expected him to be, but he still has a long way to go before he's more than a full-time gadget player. I'm biased, to be sure, but I like Darnold's two year trajectory a lot better than Allen's right now. If you take out the absolute embarrassing clobbering he took from NE (hey, if you can cherry pick, so can I!), his comp% last year is 64% and his TD:int ratio is better than 2:1. Let's see if Allen can break 300 yards in a game or 60% on the year this season, then let's talk. 

2 hours ago, JiF said:

The Steelers went 8-8 with some of the worst QB play in the NFL.  I got a feeling they unseat Balt. this season.  I'm not ready to buy the Jackson hype train, players like him are flashes in the pan and rarely do it consistently.  Also, I think Claypool and McFarland bring a much needed dynamic to that offense and that D is already really F'ing good. 

The problem with the Steelers is that I question what Big Ben is coming off a big injury at this point in his career. He has already talked openly of retirement and he is 38. If you look at the other two big QBs from his draft class, Eli is retired and Rivers probably had the worst season of his career last year. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, SAR I said:

As I said earlier, the only thing making the Jets early schedule "scary" is if you believe the hype about the Cardinals (5-11-1), Broncos (7-9), Chargers (5-11), and Colts (7-9). 

No, the scary part is that they could easily be 0-2 going into Indy. IMO, the Buffalo game is HUGE. 

On 5/11/2020 at 10:26 AM, SAR I said:

I think the Steelers have Ben Roethlisberger and Mike Tomlin and are always a tough out.  I'd rather face Baker Mayfield and Kevin Stefanski than Ben and Mike.

The Colts are weak and Rivers is done.  Either way, I'll take the Colts over the Titans.  

SAR I

Roethlisberger is 38 coming off a serious injury and no longer has Antonio Brown.  The Steelers defense isn’t what it was 10 years ago

There’s no bigger Baker hater than me but the Browns roster is at least significantly better than the steelers

2 hours ago, slats said:

Lol....  I'm just gonna add rushing stats in here because I'm a Josh Allen fan. Also maybe round down Darnold's 59.9 comp% to 59 to help make him look a little worse, too. 

Allen's played two more games than Sam, has connected on 56% of his throws at a paltry 6.6 ypa (what an arm!) for 700 fewer yards, 6 fewer TDs, and 8 more fumbles than Darnold. His next 300-yard passing day will be his first as a pro. Looks like they're trying to groom him to be a game manager type, which is tough to do without some semblance of passing accuracy. 

Honestly, I'm kinda happy for Allen. A lot of people on this board absolutely hated him in that draft. Me? If Mayfield and Darnold had gone 1-2, I'd've taken Allen over Rosen. That wasn't a popular opinion at the time. I think he's already better than a lot of folks expected him to be, but he still has a long way to go before he's more than a full-time gadget player. I'm biased, to be sure, but I like Darnold's two year trajectory a lot better than Allen's right now. If you take out the absolute embarrassing clobbering he took from NE (hey, if you can cherry pick, so can I!), his comp% last year is 64% and his TD:int ratio is better than 2:1. Let's see if Allen can break 300 yards in a game or 60% on the year this season, then let's talk. 

Why should rushing stats be excluded? Do passing yards count for more than rushing yards? Last time I checked, a passing TD and a rushing TD were both worth 6 points.

3 hours ago, slimjasi said:

The problem with the Steelers is that I question what Big Ben is coming off a big injury at this point in his career. He has already talked openly of retirement and he is 38. If you look at the other two big QBs from his draft class, Eli is retired and Rivers probably had the worst season of his career last year. 

True, I honestly forgot he was that old too for some reason.  That said, I think if he can stay healthy, that offense could be really dangerous.