Some 2020 NFL Schedule Tid bits

-The Seahawks travel the most this season 29,600 air miles.

-The Ravens, the least... 6,310 miles leaving the east coast once to go to Dallas.

- The Jets play both Super Bowl participants this season.

- The Tampa Bay Buccaneers have played just 15 prime time games in the last 17 years. This year they play 5.
Wonder why?

-The Jets and Dolphins play each other back-to-back weeks, never heard of that. Ever!

- The Jets' schedule is brutal!

Jets Fan.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Thanks for the tidbits. I don't think the Jets schedule is brutal and is a better one for making the playoffs as opposed to last year. Why? Because we can win the division when last year we couldn't. Also, everyone in our division plays the same tough teams. 9-7 could win us the division this year and then anything could happen.

• Upvote 2

You're welcome.

I've been optimistic for the last 50 off seasons re:The Jets.

Always am at 0-0.  I just felt their 7-9 record should not have given them this schedule.

Stay safe.

10 minutes ago, LRJets said:

You're welcome.

I've been optimistic for the last 50 off seasons re:The Jets.

Always am at 0-0.  I just felt their 7-9 record should not have given them this schedule.

Stay safe.

The NFL no longer gives weight to records when formulating a schedule .  Many years ago they did.

Also, every team in their division has pretty much the same schedule. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Greensleeves said:

Thanks for the tidbits. I don't think the Jets schedule is brutal and is a better one for making the playoffs as opposed to last year. Why? Because we can win the division when last year we couldn't. Also, everyone in our division plays the same tough teams. 9-7 could win us the division this year and then anything could happen.

I agree.  Don't get all this schedule is brutal talk.  We have two really tough road games.  Seattle and KC.  The Rams in LA will not be easy either, but are they the 13 win team that went to the SB two years ago, or  are they the medicore 9-win team they were last year.  And we play SF at home -- when they have to travel across country for a 1PM ET start. 

Buffalo has a solid roster, but I don't believe in Allen.  Split with the Bills is possible.  We have no idea what NE will be with Stidham as their QB.  Miami will be starting either a rookie or Fitz.  4-2 in Division is not out of the realm of possibiltiy.

There are tough games on every team's schedule.  I don't see ours as being particularly tough.  Not easy, but not brutally difficult either.

• Post of the Week 1

19 minutes ago, edscuba said:

Except Miami gets to play against two weak teams in Jags and Bengals. Why?

Miami finished 4th in the Division.  They play the 4th place teams in South and North.  We finished 3rd, so we get the 3rd place teams.  Browns and Colts.  Other than that, our schedules are the same.

• Upvote 3