Well, not so excited about Bryce Huff anymore

9 hours ago, thshadow said:

A bowling ball with butcher knives!

But NO CARTILAGE in his knees BEFORE the Jets drafted him.  Amazing he did as well as he did.  Jeez that Bradway was an awful GM too.  And even when he was finally fired they STILL kept the bum around with another job title.

I swear for most of their existence the Jets have been a “Mom and Pop” shop where 1 inept guy covers for the next inept guy and on down the line, takes forever for ownership to own up to another awful hire when just the most semi intelligent fan can quickly see another disaster in the making.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Beerfish said:

A bowling ball is great

Butcher knives are great.

But a bowling ball with butcher knives just gets stuck in the bowling alley and marks up the floor and goes no where.

That pretty much sums up his career.   

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

But NO CARTILAGE in his knees BEFORE the Jets drafted him.  Amazing he did as well as he did.  Jeez that Bradway was an awful GM too.  And even when he was finally fired they STILL kept the bum around with another job title.

I swear for most of their existence the Jets have been a “Mom and Pop” shop where 1 inept guy covers for the next inept guy and on down the line, takes forever for ownership to own up to another awful hire when just the most semi intelligent fan can quickly see another disaster in the making.

The worst was when he allowed us to be basically be the farm team for the Washington Redskins.   

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Oh my Terry - he is #1 worst Jets GM of all time in my mind because he stuck around forever in my formative years - he Idzik 12’d every year draft and then would get re-upped.   Then finally he’s not fired but demoted and finally bangs in the table for a QB (Russell Wilson) and nobody listens to him at that point. Bradway used to GM from his home 2 hours away bc old Leon Hess agreed he shouldn’t have to commute that Far bc he’s a family man. 

I was so relieved when Leon sold the team to somebody, anybody. And then it turns out to be full Johnson.

55 minutes ago, David Harris said:

Oh my Terry - he is #1 worst Jets GM of all time in my mind because he stuck around forever in my formative years - he Idzik 12’d every year draft and then would get re-upped.   Then finally he’s not fired but demoted and finally bangs in the table for a QB (Russell Wilson) and nobody listens to him at that point. Bradway used to GM from his home 2 hours away bc old Leon Hess agreed he shouldn’t have to commute that Far bc he’s a family man. 

I was so relieved when Leon sold the team to somebody, anybody. And then it turns out to be full Johnson.

In fairness, Terry was the guy who found Revis.

13 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

If he had just 6 more fingers he'd be able to show you the sack total for his entire NFL career.

And Bradway gave up two 1st round draft choices for a kid that played 5 seasons?

6 hours ago, David Harris said:

Broadway wasn’t a terrible scout. Awful GM but not anywhere near the level of incompetence as Mac. 
it would be very hard to do as poor as Mac even if you trying were to ruin a team.  

• Post of the Week 1

•  

New York Jets: Bryce Huff, Edge, Memphis

25 OF 32

e2b451f2b24b6e6b76924e7fd8ea5206_crop_exact.jpg?h=533&w=800&q=70&crop_x=center&crop_y=top
Joe Murphy/Getty Images

Like the Giants, the cross-town New York Jets struggled to get to the quarterback in 2019. They produced just 35 sacks, with 6.5 of them coming from safety Jamal Adams. New York's big addition to the pass rush before the end of the draft was rookie third-round pick Jabari Zuniga.

However, adding Memphis' Bryce Huff as a free agent gives the Jets a pair of developmental rookie prospects to carry into 2020. Given his physical upside, the 6'3", 255-pound Huff could emerge as a real difference-maker in Gregg Williams' aggressive defense.

"Huff's burst, agility and short-area athleticism are translatable athletic traits as a 3-4 outside linebacker with quality upside, if his skill level can catch up," Zierlein wrote of Huff.

While he learns the nuances of rushing the passer at the pro level, Huff should provide the Jets with some always-valuable special-teams depth.

• Upvote 3