MLS is setting the standard?

Given the need to quarentine and do constant testing, I'd think the NBA would be easiest to manage with so many fewer players involved. But maybe cba issues play a bigger role there?

I know the bundesliga teams have been training together under rigorous testing for a week or so.

UFC actually pulled off a fairly successful event last night. A few hiccups and things that didn't make sense for sure, but given they were the first ones to give it a shot, there is clearly a path for some live events. It didn't hurt that almost every fight was ******* incredible either.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, The Crimson King said:

Not with that management

Not a smidge of promotion or advertisement. Couldn't even keep a proper website.

It also didn't help that an employee was robbing opposing lockerooms, 

Now if the AFL survived, The Coliseum would have been perfect for the NYC area indoor game, if (IF) they had deep pockets to build it up and had an SNY type contract. Then win some games and you have something. Could have saved the sport. 

The Streets had a tv contract with MSG 

9 hours ago, Lil O said:

MLS players have started returning to team facilities for “individual” workouts. Phase 1) Only essential staff are allowed in the facilities, Outdoor fields only,  and only 4 players on the field at a time, Phase two) small groups of players can practice together, and Phase 3) entire team is back practicing together.  And of course everything will be sterilized between sessions, and players will be tested regularly and temps taken daily.  I feel like this gives us a glimpse into how we may come back.  I know the sports are different, and football requires more players to practice together at a time, but we can learn from MLS.  NFL players, HOPEFULLY, are already working out solo.  And teams will start virtual training....our Phase 1.  Phase two) Players in Specific positional groups can practice together, but all groups will be isolated from one another.  Phase 3) Both the offense and defense can practice together as units, separately, and then finally get the entire team together in practice and meetings. I am aware that there are MANY details I am not aware of, but I think 32 billionaires can work out the details. TBH I had no idea how we might approach coming back for training camp and practice, but this gives me hope.  But I am also getting cabin fever and I am desperate for football, so any and every idea/plan sounds good to me.

Forget the NFL, NHL will give you much more pleasure, and will be back sooner.

It varies team to team, but MLB's bottleneck right now (aside from the obvious) is clubs are heavily reliant on gate revenue and owners want a prorated decrease plus additional paycuts to offset lost revenues. Tough for Manfred to navigate optics wise, as disputes over millions right now isnt going to garner a ton of sympathy.

2 hours ago, Matt39 said:

disputes over millions

This right here.  These folks get paid way to much for what they do.  If they ever worked a real 9-6 than they would just shut up.  I have not missed the current sports at all.  There are people that need pro sports as an outlet.  I get it,  but in the grand scheme of things pro sports mean nothing.   I would definitely miss seeing The Jets on Sunday though