Batman Gone Bad - Gotham - Town Wins

A little fried the last few days..  put up house for sale late last week and it sold in 48 hours for a good amount more than we listed.  I spent all day cleaning yesterday because buyers wanted a walk through.  They liked it so they're in.

Now the 30 day clock starts for us to find a new house and if we don't we can back out of the sale.

After work today I laid down for 5 minutes which turned into a 3 hour nap.

No fear if you're town..  Me at 50% still better than most at 110%.  The game will pick up but I sense a similar level of apathy at the moment.

So Batman is bad and he will recruit a team is where we're at?

9 minutes ago, Stark said:

Damn JiF. Lol. 
choking indiana pacers GIF by NBA

maybe you need to not look at the scorecard just let someone else keep it. 
Still I’d be happy with 81 - 

also I didn’t say anything about hitting the bowl  

Fam is good thanks. Still waiting on twins. T-minus 8 days. 

Twins? Wow,  

27 minutes ago, Stark said:

Damn JiF. Lol. 
choking indiana pacers GIF by NBA

maybe you need to not look at the scorecard just let someone else keep it. 
Still I’d be happy with 81 - 

also I didn’t say anything about hitting the bowl  

Fam is good thanks. Still waiting on twins. T-minus 8 days. 

lol - i added the bowl hit for good measure.  I'm very happy with any score in the low 80's....just frustrating I've stared down breaking 80 this many times and just cant do it and it's choking on 18 that kills me.  Like last week, I was +6 after 14 and was +7 on the last 4 holes alone.  lol.  That doesnt sting as bad as just choking on 18.

I have tried the scorecard but in the back of your mind, you still know where you're at.  I par'd 7 of the last 9 holes, you know where you are when you're playing like that.  Honestly, in retrospect, I should have done something lame but safe on 18.  I hit a  punch 4 iron 150 straight on the reg.  It's my go-to get out of trouble shot. Legit, I should have just done that and lived with getting up and down for par taking out any chance of a miss hit.  That's the F"ing thing though.  I didnt miss, I hit it flush just had a line for my draw but I didnt shape the shot that way.  The real choke job came when I flubbed the ball on my 2nd shot.  I dribbled it 10 feet in front of me.  lol

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

lol - i added the bowl hit for good measure.  I'm very happy with any score in the low 80's....just frustrating I've stared down breaking 80 this many times and just cant do it and it's choking on 18 that kills me.  Like last week, I was +6 after 14 and was +7 on the last 4 holes alone.  lol.  That doesnt sting as bad as just choking on 18.

I have tried the scorecard but in the back of your mind, you still know where you're at.  I par'd 7 of the last 9 holes, you know where you are when you're playing like that.  Honestly, in retrospect, I should have done something lame but safe on 18.  I hit a  punch 4 iron 150 straight on the reg.  It's my go-to get out of trouble shot. Legit, I should have just done that and lived with getting up and down for par taking out any chance of a miss hit.  That's the F"ing thing though.  I didnt miss, I hit it flush just had a line for my draw but I didnt shape the shot that way.  The real choke job came when I flubbed the ball on my 2nd shot.  I dribbled it 10 feet in front of me.  lol

Are you playing solo?  If not maybe you should bet some $ on the last few holes. Change your focus. 

also just reading you golf posts are pretty good. I felt like you were going to say you blew it up but I enjoy readin then. Especially since your last hole of the round sounds about like 2 or 3 holes a round for me. 

those “fat flub” shots ****1ng kill me. Always come at worst time. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, JiF said:

I’m respect you went for it. Rather take the risk to reach the new goal, than go for the layup. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

11 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Holy hell. We had 4 kids in 6 years. Wow, good luck with that brother. 

I don’t know how anyone does it with more than 2. We go to bed completely wiped out. Maybe it’ll change after quarantine and my son gets a bit older. He sees up like he was shot out of a canon. Non stop all day.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

4 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I don’t know how anyone does it with more than 2. We go to bed completely wiped out. Maybe it’ll change after quarantine and my son gets a bit older. He sees up like he was shot out of a canon. Non stop all day.

Yes. My 2 yr old is that way. The 4 year old is a little better but the 2 yr old is on a constant adrenaline rush. 
I have no idea how we’re gonna be managing 2 more

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Stark said:

Are you playing solo?  If not maybe you should bet some $ on the last few holes. Change your focus. 

also just reading you golf posts are pretty good. I felt like you were going to say you blew it up but I enjoy readin then. Especially since your last hole of the round sounds about like 2 or 3 holes a round for me. 

those “fat flub” shots ****1ng kill me. Always come at worst time. 

I like that advice, good idea, I will try it because legit I made the turn saying, Stark told me to drink a beer.  lol. 

My good buddy who is basically scratch said next time, hit your 9 iron.  It's my most consistent and the club I'm most confident with in my bag and I can hit anywhere from 135-55 depending on my swing and how I position the club face.  He said, then you have a what? a 20 yard chip to get up and down?  You'd take that all day.  He liked that better than me trying the punch with the 4.  idk, I'd just prefer to keep hitting the ball the way I was all day but I digress.  

I hate 3 putts, cant stand screwing up a lay up, like that stuff drives me to breaking clubs.  lol but nothing nothing makes me more angry then flubbing a shot.  Totally uncalled at my level, so ofcourse I do it when it matter the most yesterday.  lol

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Funny thing is 4 seems like more work but it also absorbs some of the energy instead of it transferring to the parents. They sorta  bounce  off one another Rather than off you or your wife all the time. We had the advantage of having the fifth kid that was 12 by the time the youngest was born. She was very helpful and had a third set of hands. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JiF said:

FWIW I was in the mid to low 80's for the longest time I'm betting at least a year then I Shot consecutive games of 77 and  78 I then proceeded to hurt my neck with 2 bulging disks and had to lay off Golf for a full year. When I went back it was a total nightmare as I shot a 95 my first time out and my Nephew broke my Driver in freaking half which added to the misery. I loved that driver it was custom madee for be by a guy who did golf smithing on the side... He (my Nephew) asked to take a few swings while we were warming up before our tee time and as I left the clubhouse I saw him standing there with my club in what looked to be a L shape and a stupid look on his face. Took me so long and so much practice to get to the level I was at and it all went in the toilet. Then I changed jobs was working a lot of weekends and I could not Imagine what I would shoot now about 8 years later and a bit of a belly to boot which no doubt will have an effect on my swing LOL. What shaved a bunch of strokes off my game ?was in fact that driver (the ******* L shaped one) I took a little off my swing was not trying to kill the ball and was hitting the fairway at a much better rate. That made the difference because My mid to short game was pretty good. You will do it when you least expect it then the Golfing gods will strike you Down ...bastards < this was in reference to me ... I hope you get it done and continue to improve

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

I’m respect you went for it. Rather take the risk to reach the new goal, than go for the layup. 

Thanks, I appreciate it.  lol  The thought of "laying up" on a par 3 sickens me but when thinking about trying to do something I've never done before that is basically my biggest hobby goal (for lack of a better term), maybe I just do something where I reduce risk and play it safe just to make it happen because my most inconsistent clubs are my 7/6 for some reason.  That said, if I ever want to get into a single digit handicap, I need to routinely make that shot easy.  So it's probably better long term I do it the proper way.

Crazy how addicted I am to this sport right now...

• Upvote 1